Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown

Default Re: Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    The majority though are like myself. They're not on these forums every day. They wouldn't mind returning for a bit of nostalgia, but they sure as hell are not going to return if it means redoing work long-since completed.
    Even though 'the majority' probably do not visit these forums, how is 'everyone' like yourself? That's quite a bold claim, and one that has no proof...

For the record, I will return. No - I've infact already done so, and soon I will have my old main character back. Redoing old work? It's brave new world out there (or three worlds, to be more precise). Also, I will build a new lair, little by little, sooner or later. But for the moment, I have other things to do. My old lvl 100 dragon hasn't started his AROP yet, for instance... My biped(s) are still lowbies. The list goes on and on...

If Sigi's posts are indicative of how much the Unity community has lost its way since we were all evicted from Istaria then I too shall decline to return.

Based on what I've experienced on Chaos, you are fortunately wrong, Entilzah. Lots of good old guys and gals are out there, with the Unitarian spirit intact. And we've made quite a few new friends there.

I'm sure it's the same thing on other shards.

I will be losing two almost complete plots with all journeyman shops completed, 2 x t4 houses, etc. The plots alone were around 10 g total. Grow up guys and gals - we are lucky to be able to get our characters back with our possessions. That, to me is worth a lot.

Well I got not a mail, even i sended time ago that i wanted to be in the newsletter or such and got respond that i will be mailed if something important happens to hz. Isn't Unity important?

Well i lost now my lair what I buyed for 37gold, 34 silver and 900c, dozens of finished t1 silos and corridors, my finsihed t4 chrystalshaper, my finsihed valut, my grand hall that was at 33% and my half finsihed t4 essence shaper.

Well at least i get my char back, will i stay? Maybe, maybe not.

Edit: I found that my old acc was transferred, entered the blank details now in and such, and wanted to make a sub but only let me do a trial, do i first have to make a trial and then a sub or such? And how long i have to wait until my char gets transferred?
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; April 10th, 2008 at 11:37 AM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah View Post
    If Sigi's posts are indicative of how much the Unity community has lost its way since we were all evicted from Istaria then I too shall decline to return.

I really don't know what you mean by this. I too lost my chars and my very lovely plot at Acul and I patiently waited for better times. But just to pop up to say what Daedalus said? Or for that matters what you are doing now. 2 posts of little me and you will decline? I don't get that.
    It all sounds too much of the posts: if you don't change this or that I will leave and I'll take all my guildies with me. Remember those posts? Also appeared at good old Unity forums.

Oh, btw, I'm a really nice person, most of the time, so I will stop reacting on this kind of things.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

* shivers * A old warrior sees light coming up. Wondering what the new world will bring, what to expect after such a long sleep. Who is still around there

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Oh, btw, I'm a really nice person, most of the time, so I will stop reacting on this kind of things.
    Yes you are!!
    and not responding to those "kind of things" is always a good answer.

And it`s everyone`s own decision either to throw away what once was valuable,
    or give it try and wait and see what will happen.

Maybe it`s my (still rose colored) glasses, but I read between all VI`s lines,
    that we have to expect some good surprises this year...

Question Re: Countdown

Would, could or does the following perhaps explain why there will be no plot tokens in the transfer?
    Or why nothing is being mentioned about reimbursement(s) for lost plot(s)/lair(s)?

[Quotes from "Arante Story":]
    (………….)
    It puzzled the little pink dragon how anyone as young as Elvie could be considered Gifted. Yet all the other dragons had welcomed Elvie as though she were from a clutch of their own. In fact, soon after Elvie appeared at the portal gate, saying she'd come from a placed called Unity, Elvie had been given a lair all her own. (……………) she knew that many of the other hatchlings were angry at the elder's decision to let Elvie have her pick of the lair before any of them could choose one for themselves.
    (…………..)
    In a soft, low voice her mother began to speak...
    "Elvie's story is not strange, as you called it. Nor is she truly an orphan. She did come from a land called Unity. And we are all very glad she did, and welcome her and others from this land to join us in the battle against the Aegis.
    (……….)
    And so it was that time passed. Those who had created Chaos and Order gave guidance to those appointed to watch over Unity. And those who lived and fought the Aegis in all three lands were content with their lives. But sadly, not long before you were born, those who lived in the land called Unity disappeared into a great abyss.
    (…………….)The Unitarians were not totally lost, though there world was shattered beyond repair. They were trapped, caught between worlds, because their souls were bound to a world that no longer existed.
    But our gods are clever and resourceful, and soon word came that they had found a way to break the binding to the shattered world so that those from Unity could come to cross over. And we began to hear them crying out, calling from far off, asking our gods to bring their lost souls into our world. And so the gods did, my hatchling.
    But the Unitarians lost much when their souls broke from Unity. They lost their homes, they lost possessions, and yes, they lost many whom they called family and friend.
    And so, in their wisdom, the elders of this community and many others, have chosen to give them a home here. To welcome them as brother and sister as though they had been born to our world."
    …………………
    Now, sleep. And dream of new friends, new adventures."
    And that is exactly what Arante did.

[End of quotes from "Arante Story"]

Still leaves some questions unanswered though, like (for instance):
    - Why was it not possible(?) to transfer Novians for lost structures?
    - When will the actual transfer be?
    - Is there a deadline for sending in a request for transfer?
    - Will we have a (temporary) unlimited vault size to be able to hold all our possessions that are being transfered?

Hope someone from Vi can clarify some of this for us.
    Last edited by Ramaj; April 10th, 2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added question concerning vault size.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitachio View Post
    warrior
    ^_-

I'm sure you'll find some "players" on Chaos who define "standing in the same tree for months" as 'fun' and 'playing a game'.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

I didnt receive this invite emai, probebly because i didnt ant spent a subscription on something i cant use yet..

Could someone post it here ?

Cheers.
    Mephiblo the mischievous Lunus

Ahh... you could be right, Ramaj: that would indeed explain both not money back from the unity-plot ánd no token either. Sure hope this will show to be the answer to this!

Umm... as the author of that story, I thought I better pipe in here in case erroneous assumptions are being made. Trying to look at what parts Ramaj highlighted, it is seeming as though he's suggesting that somehow people from Unity who transfer over are going to be "given" a lair or plot by the developers. And what Galilee said makes me think that as well.

Again, as the author of the story, I can assure you that is not what I meant to imply. The "Elders" in this case are guildleaders in a guild... the story was meant to imply that members of the community worked together to give Elvie her lair, as often happens when someone joins a guild that owns a guild community with open plots/lairs. Elvie joined a guild, an established community of other dragons, and they chose to give her a lair. That's ALL the story meant to imply, and I truly apologize if someone read something else into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Umm... as the author of that story, I thought I better pipe in here in case erroneous assumptions are being made. Trying to look at what parts Ramaj highlighted, it is seeming as though he's suggesting that somehow people from Unity who transfer over are going to be "given" a lair or plot by the developers. And what Galilee said makes me think that as well.

Again, as the author of the story, I can assure you that is not what I meant to imply. The "Elders" in this case are guildleaders in a guild... the story was meant to imply that members of the community worked together to give Elvie her lair, as often happens when someone joins a guild that owns a guild community with open plots/lairs. Elvie joined a guild, an established community of other dragons, and they chose to give her a lair. That's ALL the story meant to imply, and I truly apologize if someone read something else into it.
    Thanks for clearing that misunderstanding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    Newest addition to the Unity-Transfer on the main page (news):
    What is not Transfered
    • Plot Tokens / Structure Novians

I really really REALLY hope that isn't the last word said about this ... I could live without a Plot Token ... BUT ... I CAN NOT LIVE with loosing all the Ressources I had put into my Lair on Unity ... PLEASE bring over the Plots / Lairs as Novians when doing the Transfer.

Greetings,
    Murphy
    --
    MurphyFox_wind, the chubby Ancient Helian Dragon
    lvl100 Dragon Adventurer, lvl100 Dragon Crafter
    Soliferus, the blackfurred Craft Saris:
    lvl43 Cleric, lvl56 Mason, lvl46 Enchanter, lvl57 Blacksmith, lvl 64 Fitter, lvl22 Weaver, lvl 24 Scholar, lvl 35 Carpenter, lvl31 Outfitter, lvl15 Confectioner

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyFox View Post
    ....PLEASE bring over the Plots / Lairs as Novians when doing the Transfer....
    Although I myself do not have a presence on Unity, I feel that I should second this request.

It would not be in the best interest of either the main shards, particularly Order, for the Unity people to arrive empty-handed. There are far too many empty lots and vacant lairs, far too many abandoned properties for us to deny incentive for the Unity people to rebuild.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Be aware, that the amount of resources needed to dig out a lair has been greately reduced. Novians for a complete Unity lair would let u construct several...

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyFox View Post
    I really really REALLY hope that isn't the last word said about this ... I could live without a Plot Token ... BUT ... I CAN NOT LIVE with loosing all the Ressources I had put into my Lair on Unity ... PLEASE bring over the Plots / Lairs as Novians when doing the Transfer.

Greetings,
    Murphy

Listen, it really comes down to a simple issue: Either u wanna play the game, or u don't.

We get the character back, and our possessions. Would novians be nice? Sure. But I've redone my lair 5 times already (counting Unity), and chances are most will want to do that anyway now that ALL T6 resources are in. Those that enjoy building should not look at this as the end of the world (and we've already survived one ar two of those), but a good excuse to build something new. And those that don't like building, well, as I said, either you want to play the game or not.

I am sure there are good reasons for novians not being copied...

...hmm, maybe even as good as the reasons for nerfing the ancient models..

But we should get back the money spend for the plots or a plot token as it has been tested, I have no problem with the choice that we don't get novians, but something that gives us a chance to buy a decent plot...
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information