Thread: So Whats happening???

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

Arrow So Whats happening???

yo all it's me Abraxix Storm, i've been without pc for the last around 7 months or so due to bad finances i have recently just bought my self an uber pc that can run game with all the highest settings, i've recently just reinstalled Hz to find the guild eyes of Istaria still intact : > YAY however Aamer Khan has gone again so it seems?? i'm just wandering does any one know what's happened to him or if he still check this forum??

if he does,

Aamer how you doing buddy what's been going on i'm back for good again and your gone??

well i hope all is well in game i'm working now so that's a good thing i guess, i hope to see you all in game some time soon, for all of those that remember me feel free to drop me a line in game or something for all those that are yet to meet me you won't believe me when you do, friendliest draggy you'll ever meet : > well that in junction with other friendly draggies already : >

well i hope to hear form you in game and out of game soon

Blessings Abraxix!!!

Default Re: So Whats happening???

Aamer came back after Virtrium took over, then left again, then came back again.

I don't know what happened to him, perhaps RL, perhaps came, saw, and was not impressed...

We are still here, some of us veterans who will probably die when 2012 gets here and the Mayan prediction of the world's end.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

hey Ab,
    Aamer has left, again. Not sure if he still hunts the forums though.

There are still of few of us in EoI that are around, though we all play at different times, so it seems.

Welcome back! Hope to see you in game!

-Kadiya

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    We are still here, some of us veterans who will probably die when 2012 gets here and the Mayan prediction of the world's end.
    I have no idea whether or not that is a joke (I hope it is), but it is a misnomer in any case.

The Maya did *not* predict the end of the world. That is said to be the date when the Mayan Calender "runs out", but that itself is just as much of a falsehood. The Mayan calender doesn't run out in 2012, it "flips". In other words, it's like the year 999CE. After that the Gregorian calender resets to all 0's, then adds a 1, so the next year is 1000CE. The Mayan calender is the same way (except it uses 19's and 17's and other odd numbers for some reason. Apparently it is actually quite elegant if you aren't already use to a base 10 system).

In reality the Mayan calender runs out of digits in (IIRC) something like 45 million CE. That's a wee bit of a ways off, even if you think the Maya had some amazing powers of foresight.

The reason this came up is because some moronic consipricy theorists and end-of-the-worlders are incapable of doing even the most basic research (or even a simple Google search) about a subject before they latch on to it. And now, unfortunately, they have attached their tentacles to this idea, and they aren't going to let go of it. Bah.

EDIT: Just looked it up, and the misunderstanding largely comes because the Maya, like us, didn't bother to write down useless digits. So instead of writing "0.1.13.0.0.0.0.0.0" (3114 BCE), they'd write "13.0.0.0.0" (3114 BCE). Those two are exactly the same. It's as if we wrote our date as 000000000002008. That's the same as 2008, but it is kinda silly to write it that way, isn't it? OMG! Does this mean the world is going to end in 9999CE?

This entire subject ticks me off.
    Last edited by gopher65; April 12th, 2008 at 04:55 PM.

The last time I talked to Aamer was after Kadi pointed out to me that I was GM. I sent him an Email, and he said he wouldn't be back before plot reclaim, if at all. I think he burned out. I hope he does come back though.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Hey Elfie here.. if Martin (Aamer) reads this.. how you doing bud? French guy here is doing great... So Trust you are the big man now I guess.. Are Barn,, Malakai and others still hanging around? Sorry for other that I forget there names.. been a long time.. I have to say I had a lot of fun playing here.. Just not sure it would be the same again if I was to return!...

Heya Elfie! I called Aamer back in the summer and he said he didn't think he would be back. Barn and Mal are still around, really not much has changed. You would be welcome if you decide to return.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information