Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enraged Wisp

Default Enraged Wisp

Just a question - why?

To be more specific, why is there now a lvl 32 enraged wisp on Wisp Island, mugging gentle gnome crafters who rarely even beat up on a wisp let alone anything worse..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: Enraged Wisp

Anti-Bot code. At least that use to be the reason long ago.

There is? >_o

And "anti-bot" is nonsense in this case.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

If they were meant to be anti-bot, why aren't they more common? If there are enraged wisps on Wisp Island (I've never been there myself...), then I can think of three places in all of Istaria that can boast vengeful wisps. If you were using a bot, why not just avoid them?

At the same time, I see no way to get a bot to mine moving objects. Even though I have no idea how they really work...

what a bout the Littel ones i have seen there ?? thay cant take out a lv 30 ??
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Challenge yields reward. Sounds good. Begone oh foul silver platter o' hand-outs!

Challenge yields rewards is a good catch phrase, but doesn't really apply in this situation.

The areas challenge level was raised with the introduction of the enraged wisp, but was the reward really increased?

It is my opinion that the area's reward was overly generous considering the lack of risk previously present.

Disclaimer: I'm awaiting transfer to Chaos or Order so I don't know if the original poster's statement of there being the occasional level 32 enraged wisp present is accurate. I hope it is.

Is it your opinion that all T1 to T3 resources should be guarded? Or just a certain Tier and up. Asking honestly, not provoking.

I like how the stone fields are set up. Areas that are densely packed with nodes, and have Rich and Motherload nodes, are guarded. Areas that only have small nodes and are sparsely populated are unguarded. That way everyone has a choice. There should always be a choice.

With wisps there is only one size of node I think? If that is the case then spawn density and the number of spawns are the only 2 factors that determine the quality of a field, not including the locative convince of the field, because that is relative (ie, on order there might be a player machine right beside a field, but not on blight or chaos). If the fields on Wisp Isle are enough of a cut above the average, then they should be guarded, just like the big sandstone field. If the fields are only average, then there is no need to guard them. But if all the fields are average, then I'd be inclined to put in a dense field (somewhere) and make it 10% enraged.

dim essence, unprotected, is in reasonable supply on new trismus and by nuthala (though it can tricky for low levels to get to the nuthala field due to the golems around).

glowing essence, unprotected, is plentiful outside mahagra.

bright essence, unprotected, is plentiful outside feladan.

where is pale essence unprotected and plentiful? on abandoned island, it was sparse last i checked, and between dalimond & chiconis was overrun with treants. i agree that
    There should always be a choice.
    did i miss a decent unprotected pale spawn area?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    dim essence, unprotected, is in reasonable supply on new trismus and by nuthala (though it can tricky for low levels to get to the nuthala field due to the golems around).

glowing essence, unprotected, is plentiful outside mahagra.

bright essence, unprotected, is plentiful outside feladan.

where is pale essence unprotected and plentiful? on abandoned island, it was sparse last i checked, and between dalimond & chiconis was overrun with treants. i agree that did i miss a decent unprotected pale spawn area?
    North of mambow point (spelling?) are lots of pales and no mobs.

The enraged wisp makes me think of the enraged wisps near Dalimond, way back, I died very frequently by the nonexisting hands of the wisps.

Is this new enraged one part of a quest maybe?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

thanks sigi! :-)

thanks sigi! :-)
    You are welcome
    I do hope though I rembered well because I'm at work now. I'll check tonight to be sure. (lousy memory lately

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

where is pale essence unprotected and plentiful? on abandoned island, it was sparse last i checked, and between dalimond & chiconis was overrun with treants. i agree that did i miss a decent unprotected pale spawn area?
    I've never had a problem using that pale field. Perhaps you were just out there at a bad time, and they ended up being sparse at that moment?

The nuthala field is easy to get to for low levels

just go to parsinia and exit the city north, follow path up the side and over into the field. no need to go through the back door and golems when the front door works just as well

Geneva proper has Dim Essence.

AI has Pale wisps (only unguarded place I know of besides wisp isle)

Glowing... tons just west of Drift Point... and I mean TONS (rabid spawn rate)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Enraged pale wisp? What? I was sure that Monster Spawn Request I submitted said "Salt Rock Golem"...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

"Salt Rock Golem"
    Let the cows lick it to death

I would love fruit and vegetable golems like the Giuseppe Arcimboldo portrets

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

It's all LO's fault! I KNEW IT!

What the customer ordered: More wisps
    What the game designer heard: More aggressive mobs
    What the clerk saw: Add "Salt Rock Golems"
    What management read: "Throw in an Enraged Pale Wisp since they exist in the game already."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Bah, I didn't get my 50' tall, fire-breathing Apocalypse Cow either...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information