Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon Project Version 2.04 beta

Default Icon Project Version 2.04 beta

With a thanks to Vi for making testing a little easier for me, the icon project is moving forward...

Version 2.04 is now available. It contains a number of changes to existing icons as well as a whole lot of new ones. In all there are something like 50 new dragon icons and 200 biped ones.

Please note: some of the newest spells have not had their formulae updated accordingly, I am aware of this but wanted to get the set out for people. You can help out by listing any discrepancies that you find along the way though.

There is a seperate download for dragons who prefer red crafting icons. You will need to download the v2.04 and then overwrite those with the red dragon craft icons to get them to work properly.

Some of the changes from 2.03 to 2.04 are here to give you an indication of what is included.

Dragon Icons:

Biped Icons:

Monks especially might like to check out the changes to the custom hotkey icons,
    as there is a range of icons to go over the chain attack icons.

click on my signature to go to my website.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Valornyx; April 8th, 2008 at 06:39 AM. Reason: I felt like it.

Default Re: Icon Project Version 2.04 beta

great work and very colorfull ^^

These look amazing, Val, as always. Keep up the good work!

very nice indeed! ..looking forward to downloading and having them look back at me from the screen ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Well, I finally gave in to my terminal temptation to tinker and applied your icon overrides.

Gorgeous.

I think I'll d/l the biped pack as well, to see if I can find better-fitting icons for my custom buttons, such as Loot and Target....
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Collies ! will have to down load them if i resurrect my account before the withered ages get a wiled hair up there back end and start something they cant finish

Also i have been looking froward to seeing azura mod of yours come to beta or it being download able i like the coloring of it that is my fave of all interfaces
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Top knotch as always
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Ok this week i finally decided to download and install teh Dragon UI pack and all of the ability and spell icons for my characters, I loved how it looked, even on my Biped main the dragon colors seemed to fit..Then my problem came today (note not a patch day and i have all the patcher options unchecked) when i logged in the game proceeded to take it upon itself to download and replace all the new icons and UI designs with the bland and boring old ones..As soon as i saw the launcher kick in I stopped it and logged in again to check that it hadnt re-checked one of the ticks. It hadnt and strted surely enough to repatch the ions as soon as i clicked play...The wierd thing is that it didnt touch my map pack and seemed only to focus on the icons and UI settings...Does anyone have any idea why this would have just took it upon itself to replace everything today on a day which isnt a patch day? and if theres any way to stop this in the future, as i want to replace the icons again now but fear the same will just happen all over again.

Thanks
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

Are the icons and UI somewhere in the resources_override folder?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Jep, They're in the override folder. That;s why i cant quite work out why they were replaced..or why there was even a patch today which didnt seem to do anything other than replace my icons 0.o
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

The UI I know about ..

They are in the process of changing the client over so that you can load new themes from the options window in-game .. This new client is on blight - but not on the main shards, but the mechanics to make it work have temporarily rendered the themes unusable.

Vi asked, and I was happy to let them incorporate the UI's I had made into the game as standard choices. Now they are called themes. All the themes of mine that you have seen are rolled out with the client that can use them - and on blight you can select any of them via the options window. (although they have been renamed).

When this client comes to the live shards - you will be able to get your UI (theme) back - plus I have been working on others that will slot in beside the current ones and will also be available to be used.

As to the icons - I've never heard of that happening. Mine are still sitting where they are supposed to (in the override dir) and are working fine.

I take it that if you go to the Abilities window the icons have reverted to the old ones? .. or is it that the hotkeys have been overwritten when the client reverted to the default UI?

That's awesome news about the themes, Valornyx! Congrats on having your hard work assimilated into the collective

The icons all reverted to default ones, But i replaced them again in the override folder as before and touch wood uptill now they're still fine and ive relogged since and it hasnt happened again...On a side note, do you plan on making icons for more biped skills and abilities/spells? as i see alot of the spells are incorporated in your pack but alot arent, particularly the spirit spells and blight spells, unless i missed a download or two.

Thanks for the reply Val =)
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

The plan is to ultimately get them all done (and to ask very nicely for Vi to separate abilities that are currently sharing icons and allocate individual ones for them).

The icons themselves are only 24x24 pixels, and to make icons that small that are interesting and detailed and sufficiently different as to being distinctive, whilst trying to maintain some kind of cohesion is quite a challenge. But we'll get there some day

No offense Val, but I liked the old gold rage icon better (your ava). The other icons rock, i even downloaded the biped icons

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

What is the best way to say get all the red metal icons and all the blue stone icons to load? I would like to have the back ground color different for easier at a glance telling which is mining and which is quarrying. I assume I just have to download the red pack and look for the abilities and forum icons by name?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    No offense Val, but I liked the old gold rage icon better (your ava). The other icons rock, i even downloaded the biped icons
    Heh - none taken - everyone has different tastes .. I'm not sure I like the new one better myself - but at the 24x24 size the older one is hard to make out as being a claw unless you know what you're looking at.

I may revisit it again when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    What is the best way to say get all the red metal icons and all the blue stone icons to load? I would like to have the back ground color different for easier at a glance telling which is mining and which is quarrying. I assume I just have to download the red pack and look for the abilities and forum icons by name?
    Well, I know that the pick head on the mining one is to the right side (and the first one on my hotkey bar), the quarry one is to the left (and the second on the hotkeys) , but you're welcome to mix and match as you wish.

The mining icon is "icon_ability_02_12_11.png" .. quarrying is "icon_ability_02_13_11.png".

Download the red icons, but not to the Hz directory, and then copy the ones you want over to the resources_override directory over the top of the ones you want to replace.

Thank Yea and I have them set up apart but would be nice to see one line of resources one color and another line a different color. I am just lazy and like glancing and seeing Oh red metal, or Oh blue Stone. /9->

The only problem I've encountered was with Thundercloud and Lightning Storm. They're similar enough that I had to put them on different hotkey bars to key them seperate. I haven't checked out the newer dragon icons yet, so I can't comment on those.

Thread Information