Thread: Icon Project v2.04

Default Icon Project v2.04

With thanks to Vi for making testing a little easier for me, the icon project is moving forward...

Version 2.04 is now available. It contains a number of changes to existing icons as well as a whole lot of new ones.

In all there are something like 50 new dragon icons and 200 biped ones.

More information on permanent thread here.

Default Re: Icon Project v2.04

oh, your icons are soooo pretty

Vi, can't you adopt them for the default ones in game?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I second these be incorporated into the official game much better than all the drab green / black icons that all look alike.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

That would be so awesome if Vi would patch them in, in all other mmos the icons look so ugly! Valornyx's look so pretty and colorful!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I'm no art director, but don't the overly colorful icons sort of clash with the rest of the theme in the game? There are some that look like they would fit, but many of them that have huge color splashes and bright backgrounds seem a bit gaudy against the more subdued default UI theme.

Don't get me wrong, I love the icons, and will probably pick and choose specific ones to override some of the originals. They are a terrific option to have available, but I believe they should remain an option only (possibly an official option if they added an on the fly theme changer to the UI similar to the Launcher).

This is just my opinion of course.

Drev

Yay Val! *goes to download them*

I don't know about adding them to the game, at least not without giving players a choice. Some people (Like Drevar, for example) might not want all of Val's icons. But I think they should do something with them, because these are just too good to be so optional. XD

You do great work, Valornyx... I'm gonna give em a shot for the first time tonight I think.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Oooh, *sweet!* Thanks, Val! I am still using one of the original test sets you set me ages ago :-)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Good one i will Down load them when and if i come back.

I Like the one you where working on with the pity blue color seam i forget what u called it i hope you compleat that
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information