Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Map Pack 3.3e(nhanced

Default The Map Pack 3.3e(nhanced

The Map Pack 3.3e(enhanced)

Thanks Cobal for the permission to work on the map pack, I really hope the Unity character transfer will be done soon...

A lot of changes has been made, the plots and lair markers have gone to increase the loading speed of the map pack. All plot and lair communities got labeled and if you hover with your mouse over the name it will show the amount of plots and lairs (f.e. Parsinia, 18 P means 18 Plots, or 10 L = 10 Lairs). There are no more pricing or size informations, but keeping this up to date takes too much time and all those plot and lair icons slow down the map pack a lot.

It was fun to me hunting after all those new locations and a big thank you to all helpers for finding all the new resources. The addicon menu got resorted, all the confectioner related icons have been moved to the end of the list for easier access.

A lot of misspellings got corrected, unnecessary markers have been deleted and lots of new markers have been inserted. Enjoy!

Installation

For the .zip Version: Simply copy the resources_override folder into your Horizons folder and say "yes" if you get asked to overwrite, keep in mind that it's always a good idea to make a backup of your old folder before you change it.

For the .exe version: double click the icon to start installation and follow the on screen instructions.

Both versions:
    Edit with NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    This have to be done after a Horizons update or a full scan too!

I have tested the mappack on win2k and winxp, you should check the folder names: "resources", "interface" and "maps" and change them if necessary to lowercase letters, I got bugged view of the mappack on a win2k system when uppercase letters where used, on winxp it worked for me without problems, it may not do for you, Horizons seems to be somewhat sensitive on this. I don't take any responsibility if your Horizons, Computer, Toaster or something else gets disfunctional.

Only highres maps up to now, if it's recommended I can edit the lowres version of the Mappack, too. Up to now no one seems to want it.

Download

Zip version
    Installer version

Thank you!

Thanks to all contributors (since V3.21E, sorry but I don't know the ones that helped before) and their permission to use their material:
    • Dahaka (for some resource locations)
    • Dorrin (a Version of the Riftmap, I decided to use the one from Steelclaw,
    • thanks anyway)
    • Eisdrache / Finiaroth (for hosting the mappack)
    • Firebrand Crest (for suggestions to New Trismus and the missing Spirit Isle Map, for help on the installer version, resource locations and testing the pack)
    • IvoryClaw (for testing the pack)
    • Kala (for a lot nice confectioner resource icons)
    • Mimir (for the Rift mapmarkers)
    • Oakleif (for your suggestions, lots of markers and testing the pack)
    • Steelclaw (for the map of the Rift and hosting the mappack)
    • Trixter (for resource locations)
    • Zexoin (for some resource locations)

Pekka and Cobal and all helpers for all the work they did before V3.21, thanks for your effort!

Contact

For your markers if you want to provide them, stored in the Horizons folder/prefs/server_character/UIMapMarkers.def or for suggestions

[email protected]

Terao - 2007/04/08

Changes

Updates v3.3E
    • a lot mispellings corrected
    • plots and lairs have gone to increase the speed and won't be supported from my side anymore
    • (hopefully) all lairs and plot communities have been labeled and if you hoover over it, it will show the amount of plots and lairs (f.e. Parsinia, 18 P means 18 Plots, or 10 L = 10 Lairs)
    • icons for the new confectioner resources, the rare garnishes got numbered to show the Tier they belong to and sorted to the end of the addicon menu

Marker Updates done on:
    • lot of unnecessary and some double markers deleted
    • Trandalar (thanks to Oakleif)
    • outposts
    • loads of wells and sand deposits added
    • old starter islands updated
    • thanks to all helpers and forum posters for the locations of the new resources (Firebrandcrest, Trixter, Dahaka, Oakleif, Zexoin, Tramsan..to name a few..)
    • LOT of additions and corrections all around Istaria

Updates v3.25E
    • confectioner resource icons (thanks Kala for those really great icons!)
    • Rift map added (thanks to Dorrin for your version of The Rift map, I took the version provided by Steelclaw, thanks to all of you!)
      * Player of dragons should be smart enough not look at the map the first time you do the quest!
    • a lot of double entries in the city-plotname file deleted
    • missing Spirit Isle added (thanks to Firebrand for information)
    • unnecessary files deleted, the compressed version is about 1 MB smaller than the previous one
    • higher detailed map for New Trismus is now used (thanks to Firebrand for suggestion)
    • some icons added, fixed, enhanced and replaced (new / reworked: T6 stone, deer.. enhanced: tower, eye, sugar, sand, potato, landing pad..)
    • some more of the colored original colored markers used now, and some of those that never had been used have gone

Marker updates done on:
    • Werewolf Island, Balit's Island and some on Trandalar (thanks Oakleif for the markers!)
    • Rift map (thanks Mimir for the markers!)
    • all missing landing pads that could be reached from Bristugo added (quiet a lot where missing)
    • some missing portals added
    • some resource spots and mines added like the mithril mines near Augh and some other additions all around Istaria
    • Genevia updated
    • Scorpion Island updated
    • some names added to islands and other places
    • Spirit Isle markered
    • Skalkaar markered

Updates v3.23E:
    • Big thanks to Oakleif for his markers (f. e. showing way to Draak, some resource spots added, dragon quest related stuff and machines ...)

Marker updates done on:
    • Tazoon detail map fixed and updated
    • Aughundell detail map fixed and updated
    • New Trismus should be up to date now
    • some small fixes on Dalimond, Kion and other town maps
    • Istaria map some updates here and there

Updates V3.22E:
    • buttons of detail maps (towns, islands...) now all sortet in the same manner
    • detail maps now show blue npc dot if you stand nearby and the map has no marker at that place, just like the Istaria map does
    • Chiconis
    • Kirasanct
    • Dralk
    • New Trisumus
    • Kion
    • Dalimond Outlands
    • Lesser Aradoth
    • Istaria map some fixes (f. e.: dragon icons now used for NPCs in Dralk and Chiconis...)

Updates v3.21E:
    • The city and player city names joined into one switch
    • Plots & lairs on the free one, that way you can switch plots and lairs on and off. Having them off enhances the speed of opening the map quiet a lot.
    • colored houses symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored portal symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored cow symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored chicken symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one

Marker updates done on:
    • Mahagra updated
    • Sslanis updated
    • some updates on Lesser Aradoth (e. g. Parsinia)
    • Genevia: Pajstini updated
    • some updates on New Trismus
    • some small fixes here and there, and surly some new quirks added
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: The Map Pack 3.3e(nhanced

I've got them mirrored here: http://bristugo.com/mirror/mappack/

Besides what I've written, it has been recommended doing a version containing plot and lair informations, so future versions will contain the possibility to switch between lair & plotinfo or seperated capitol city & player communitiy names.

I redo the complete plot information, future version will contain the size of the plot, f.e. plot 50x50, I think it will be ready in a week or two.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

ok what went wrong if the map looks like an puzzle? do i have to delete something first?

oh nice you made a great installer!!! but the error still exists thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    ok what went wrong if the map looks like an puzzle? do i have to delete something first?

oh nice you made a great installer!!! but the error still exists thanks
    This usually happens when the mappack is wrong
    make sure the path is

ah thanks but which file has to be corrected? i looked some prefs / ui files

thanks for your help!!

horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def i believe
    Anril Firestorm 83 Dragon/100 Dragon Craft/37 Lairshaping Anrill FireBlade Human "Jack of All Trades" (in Training)

Installation

Edit with NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    This have to be done after a Horizons update or a full scan too!

ah super thanks very much

this could be changed after a full scan again?

thanks and have a nice weekend!!!!!

I just have one concern about this, and it really relates to all map packs in general.

To give an example, I'm going to pull the label of a random mob:

"Peridot Golems 85-90"

See anything wrong with that? Let me give you a hint: Where have you ever seen a season 85 peridot golem? They start at 86.

Now, this is a very insignificant detail... but it bugs me. XD And I could go through every single mob that has a map icon in the whole entire game, but if I ever downloaded a newer version of the map pack I'd just have to edit everything all over again. Just something to think about working on for the next version.

Just want to say "Thank you" to all who made this map possible.
    As I can see until now everything works fine - even on Vista.

*inserts Frostwyrm stamp of aproval*
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Cobaaaal, come back, we are here having fun.

And no, I won't accept a no.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thanks Cobal, and all the others for suggestions and the markers I've got the last weeks.

I'm working on a new version that will contain the possibility to switch between with or with out plot markers, all the plot markers needs to redone and a lot of them are missing - that's a lot markers! May take some time before the next version will be released, but I hope to get it finished before the next plot reclamation will be placed, may help the on or other then.

@Favoran - I will change this, I don't want to provide wrong informations

After some days of porting and running around I've set the last plot markers in my working version yesterday. If I haven't missed some plots then there are 2479 plots, that's a lot of markers ...

You do the same for Lairs?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Lair informations doesn't need to be redone.

Hi
    Great job continuing this very usefull enhancement..
    One question how do you delete/edit icons that are in the wrong place or not their anymore?
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

I search for the text and / or the position and then I edit / delete the marker, no problem at all, sometimes a bit tricky to find them if it's not something special.

Hrm any idea why all my resource markings would disappear? They were just gone one day and I haven't been able to get them back. I have recopied the map-pack back into the override folder, but I have no button in the interface to show/hide the resource notes.

very strange.

Thread Information