Thread: Reinstalling HZ on a new machine.

Default Reinstalling HZ on a new machine.

I just finished installing HZ on a new computer I built a couple of weeks ago. As the disks were installing, I started flipping through the manual.

It brought back a number of memories about the game. Dragon hoard leak, the hope we would get weapon tassels, the silly bug that gave you a biped equipment page when you changed to Khutit form. Remember when Wintheria was the Ice Strike trainer and Gold Rage didn't exist. The archer nerf, the beserker and reaver nerf.

The game is patching right now and I am looking at my Welcome to Horizons letter dated 12/12/2003. How many of you kept that letter hehe?

It is 0240 in the morning and I am having a nostalgic moment. The game has had some serious ups and downs. I am holding the box reading the back of it and it says, "Player-driven world of quests, invasions, and cataclysmic events."

I believe we could use a serious in-game cataclysm. I've not posted in a while, but I have read a number of posts on the new DP system. My feeling is , if the devs add new stuff worth dieing for the DP system change won't be bad. It will be a little rough, but compared to some of the things in the past its nothing. I know this is all just opinion, but I figured I would share with the rest of you. I feel it is tragic that players are leaving due to the change. Given you cannot make everyone happy, it still seems to early in the works for me to make a judgment on it. Hopefully someone will address the lore for dragons using biped foods to reduce the DP timer. If I thought it was possible , I would go so far as to suggest allowing dragons to burn hoard to reduce the timer. Say 20k per every 10 levels of the dragon. 200k hoard to remove a single death point from a level 100 dragon. Given many dragons don't have the near endless supply of hoard like i possess. Ultimately, I hate to see folks leave over changes that may become altered over time. I for one am going to stick it out for a while. With this change, hopefully we will see new combat content. Good hunting Istarians, may your swords and claws forever be held high.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: Reinstalling HZ on a new machine.

thanks for sharing your thoughts-
    it brought back good and not so good memories to me too

Thread Information