5 10.64%
  • I will think about it... 50 - 50 chance

3 6.38%
  • Yes, no novians and no token is a drawback but i still want to play HZ

27 57.45%
  • Yes, hey all is fine!!! isn´t it?

12 25.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New existence for you without plot token/novians?

Question New existence for you without plot token/novians?

ok we all read the news about the unity transfer

we read the reasons why this is happening without

token/money for your plot/novians

will you accept this?

will you still play then on the NA shards? or is this a no-go for you?

my personal opinion:
    i really thought about a new existence on the NA shards but without novians? ok i can craft all again (wow ^^)

loosing the invested plot tokens (server merge earth to unity (2 biped plots)) loosing my money for my lair (auction when the lairs got released)

ok my inventory and char is very important but my char is a summary of all stuff i owned!!

Default Re: New existence for you without plot token/novians?

Iam just happy to have my ivy back soonish, I dont really care about the rest. I had a really nice lair in a superior position bevore .. but pfft, thats live. I made myself a nice lair once Ill do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Iam just happy to have my ivy back soonish, I dont really care about the rest. I had a really nice lair in a superior position bevore .. but pfft, thats live. I made myself a nice lair once Ill do it again

Totally agree with you, except I had a really nice plot instead of a lair. But I rather build again with my old Sigismund than have a plot without her

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It's a great loss for me but life goes on. I'm glad i get my Takora back.

Like Sigi said, better to have my char than to have no char but a plot/lair.

I'm already running around on Order/Chaos and the Hoirzons Community is still the best I saw in a game, all so friendly and helpful.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    we read the reasons why this is happening without

token/money for your plot/novians
    I was under the impression that we were being refunded the imperial purchase cost of our plot/lair - just no novians for the structures because that would require further work by the Devs.

or maybe I misunderstood something?
    Last edited by aegor; April 12th, 2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    I was under the impression that we were being refunded the imperial purchase cost of our plot/lair - just no novians for the structures because that would require further work by the Devs.

or maybe I misunderstood something?
    No you didn't, but some paid a lot more than the imperial price and that won't be refunded ( the risc of overbidding...)

Takora, it was so nice to see you running around with the little Takora

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

EDIT: I'm not voting in the poll, but wanted to respond with some food for thought.

Regarding Plot Tokens:
    Plot tokens are an "I win" button in any auction, allowing the person placing the token bid to automatically outbid any cash bid for the plot. I think that is unfair to those on the US servers waiting with the same anxiousness for property to call their own that you have, and also is unfair to those from Unity that started playing on the US servers to join the community and begin to save up funds for when their "real" character becomes available again. Cash for your plot on Unity is, in my opinion, a much fairer option for everyone involved in the plot reclamation process.

Regarding the amount of cash refunded to plot owners:
    I feel sorry for anyone left broke after the initial lair auctions on Unity. I'll help those players if I can (though I have minimal funds myself) with homebuying and lair construction. However, I could be mistaken, but I really doubt that the actual purchase price of the plot in the auction was saved along with the plot information, making a purchase-price refund impossible. If you have information otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Note that even if the information was saved, it probably again comes down to a question as to how hard that information is to get to in order for it to be added to the transfer process, and how long it would have delayed resurrecting your characters in order to build that in. There comes a point in programming when you have to meet the deadline and go with what you reasonably can get accomplished, rather than postponing the whole project. Unless your program is Duke Nukem Forever- then you can delay postponements forever.

Conclusion:
    I really hope that the ability to play your Unity characters again, with all their worn, carried, and stored equipment (vault and plot structures), and all the cash they had plus the imperial price of their property, is sufficient to entice many of you to join one of the US shards. I hope that the limitations of the transfer don't discourage anyone from playing their characters again. Its taken the devs quite a while to get to this point, so I hope that how far they could come ends up meeting you more than halfway.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    EDIT:

Regarding the amount of cash refunded to plot owners:
    I feel sorry for anyone left broke after the initial lair auctions on Unity. I'll help those players if I can (though I have minimal funds myself) with homebuying and lair construction. However, I could be mistaken, but I really doubt that the actual purchase price of the plot in the auction was saved along with the plot information, making a purchase-price refund impossible. If you have information otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Conclusion:
    I really hope that the ability to play your Unity characters again, with all their worn, carried, and stored equipment (vault and plot structures), and all the cash they had plus the imperial price of their property, is sufficient to entice many of you to join one of the US shards. I hope that the limitations of the transfer don't discourage anyone from playing their characters again. Its taken the devs quite a while to get to this point, so I hope that how far they could come ends up meeting you more than halfway.

I really don't think you should feel sorry.
    People bid at that time and nobody was putting a gun against their heads. At that time, they had the money to put in the bid, they won and they had fun with their plot/lair. Most of them had chars that no big problems making money - otherwise how could they pay so much it is "hurting" them still?

I really think that if they transfer their chars they are able to get money again - apart from the transfer and the imperial plot price. Take it as a learning moment, don't overbid if you can't spare the money. They wouldn't got those overbid prices if they were able to sell it themselves I guess.

I'm glad I get my old chars back, I almost had lost hope and I think it is really cool VI put in the effort.

Take your loss and count your blessings!

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Regarding Plot Tokens:
    Plot tokens are an "I win" button in any auction, allowing the person placing the token bid to automatically outbid any cash bid for the plot. I think that is unfair to those on the US servers waiting with the same anxiousness for property to call their own that you have, and also is unfair to those from Unity that started playing on the US servers to join the community and begin to save up funds for when their "real" character becomes available again. Cash for your plot on Unity is, in my opinion, a much fairer option for everyone involved in the plot reclamation process.
    I don't think having a better chance to get back the plot/lair you previously had is that unfair. Because it's a "I win" button on this specific plot/lair, not any plot to my knowledge. On other plot, it's just an amount of money.
    And anyway, it's not sure the plot/lair you had on Unity will be avaible for auctions. I guess many Unitarians will find their plot/lair taken by an active account. I know this too well.

Of course, it's still better to get back the characters than having nothing.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post

Like Sigi said, better to have my char than to have no char but a plot/lair.

I'm already running around on Order/Chaos and the Hoirzons Community is still the best I saw in a game, all so friendly and helpful.

quote FTW!

Azdhaja Light Fraoch ** Lolita Morena
    Alkmene Mandavar ** Seelie Mandavar

I'm glad to get back my toon. I spend LOT more time in "developing" (I don't like this word, I've played and most time it was fun to me) the toon then building up my plot, I'd like to get novians too, but this can be redone and I take it as a lost for the transfer between the paralell worlds

And it's a chance to begin a something new, to get further with craftings that I'd be laking, for me it's more fun building something up and get some exp for it instead of grinding and deconst.. I look forward to the next week and can't await the day our old characters brought back to life.

I know that not all enjoy building or crafting, and it's WORK to build up a lair or a plot but getting the chance to do that with the old character, with all the forms and techs already scribed, with all the craftings and adventurer levels, with all the tools, weapons, armors will make things a lot easier and maybe the one or other will work in a group on something new. Lets unite again, we already did it once, we can do it a second time and afterwards hopefully all will become good, fun and enjoyable for the unitarians and the NA players too. It won't be Unity as it was and the face of the NA shards may change a bit - It's a chance for us all, not only for the Unity players.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

plot token: would be nice to get at least the money back you paid for it (OK auction has been a special situation, but its not my fault that the server closed?)

novians: again only my personal point of view: my RL changed, i will never have more than 10% of my previous time for HZ like on unity (little RL hatchling ^^)
    and i spent a lot of work (RL weeks 6-8 hours a day crafting) like many others, not only my achievement ^^

i should have sold my plots before the end and i would have got 70% (?) back as novians

to start again at 0% will be too much work for an casual player like me

I realize it's little consolation, but if you buy a plot, it will come intact with structures on it. Those can be deconned for novians so you can replan and hopefully use some of those that were on the plot; or you could take the plot/lair as is.

plot token: would be nice to get at least the money back you paid for it (OK auction has been a special situation, but its not my fault that the server closed?)
    novians: again only my personal point of view: my RL changed, i will never have more than 10% of my previous time for HZ like on unity (little RL hatchling ^^)
    and i spent a lot of work (RL weeks 6-8 hours a day crafting) like many others, not only my achievement ^^

i should have sold my plots before the end and i would have got 70% (?) back as novians

to start again at 0% will be too much work for an casual player like me

Honestly Vlisson how many more months are you willing to wait for Virtrium
    to set up a system that can give what you ask for.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

amen, my sista!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    Honestly Vlisson how many more months are you willing to wait for Virtrium
    to set up a system that can give what you ask for.
    ^^ i would give them another year

maybe then i could start HZ again and get additionally an expansion?

i left hz 2 years ago and i would love to see something amazing new ^^

but the retro-feeling is nice too

As I stated it in other posts: First of all I`m glad, that the game was saved.
    Again: Thank you VI for taking the risk.

I did not loose anything.
    If I remember the day, when Unity was shot down
    ( and I think I was one of the last players ingame when it happened, lying in the dunes of Kion, waiting for the end)...

I have more now, than I had in the last 6 month on Unity: A developing game, with passionate players, an open-hearted community with lots of ideas, old and new friends and mates, and even a plot, build by mates for no coin (like I had on Unity). Same with Flameus. And we even get back our old, beloved chars.
    And most of all: We are welcome!

And honestly: Did not we- the older players- get a little bit bored?
    We had our plots, our gold, our items...
    Looking back, it was so much fun to start again.
    So thank you too to all the players, who made it such a good experience.

...uhm, in a year u can rebuilt everything - and remember, t6 resources are now in...

^^ i would give them another year

maybe then i could start HZ again and get additionally an expansion?

i left hz 2 years ago and i would love to see something amazing new ^^

but the retro-feeling is nice too

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    And honestly: Did not we- the older players- get a little bit bored?
    We had our plots, our gold, our items...
    Looking back, it was so much fun to start again.
    be happy that you had no lair on unity ^^

bored about the grind, but not bored because the plot is half done ^^

and no i dont like to start the "fun" from the beginning :-)

but it seems that i dont have a choice

Vliss, perhaps you may want to buy a plot /lair which is already done.

Then you have the novians, and you can rebuild, what you do not like.

(and it may help the community of order).

At least, this is our plan

Thread Information