Jezik tells you, 'My word, something very wrong has occurred, my friend. I know not what has happened, but I no longer possess the ability to create Ambrosia as I did before. Perhaps something changed... some power has risen, or something has disturbed my connection with the gods...'
'Regardless, I am selling off what I have left, though the price has increased due to scarcity.'
'You mean create it ourselves? Preposterous, it's not a substance meant to be understood by our kind... or... no, perhaps you are right. Perhaps we could, indeed. While I had always received ambrosia from the gods, as though manna or a blessing, I suppose this does bear some kind of investigation. Are you interested in investigating this possibility?'
'Hm, you appear to have some knowledge of cooking, with any luck you can discover a useable recipe.'

Hezelerius tells you, 'I am not certain where to begin your research. I can only think one of the confectioner trainers may help you form a hypothesis, so perhaps there... ?'

Fillet tells you, 'It worked! Or at least, I'm fairly certain it did. This morsel certainly seems to have the consistency and texture I would expect from Ambrosia... hopefully it will serve you well, I know I've certainly enjoyed this voyage of discovery like nothing else! Here, have a look for yourself!'
'A way to create Ambrosia? Interesting... I must admit this isn't a project I'd thought of before. I suppose the first step is to puzzle out the ingredients.'
'It is very much like a cake or bread, so I suppose starting with flour and milk is obvious enough. Its special properties are the unusual thing. It revitalizes the spirit to eat it, regardless of what other effects might be there... so that may be the first thing to investigate, have you ever heard of a Soul Fragment?'
'I'm told it's quite literally a portion of someone's soul, called back into this realm and used to animate those loathsome undead beasts we find ourselves so inundated with. I wonder if, perhaps, it could be used as an ingredient, if eating something fortified with a fraction of soul would revitalize the newly resurrected. Perhaps you should speak to Dennison Jadefellow, in Dalimond, about this. He knows a great deal about this sort of thing.'

Dennison tells you, 'It's true, I know a great deal about soul fragments. What the confectioner says is true, in large part. Each time an individual from this world is resurrected, they pay a cost, in the form of their soul. A tiny sliver, like a page from a massive book, is left behind. I believe these fragments wander of their own will in other realms than these, before being forcibly returned to our world and placed in the bodies of the dead -- zombies, skeletons, anything of the sort.'
'It's these soul fragments that animate our foes, and which we occasionally find remaining in this realm after their defeat. The concept of using them to create Ambrosia is fascinating, what happens when one consumes a portion of a soul? Perhaps it IS exactly the sort of revitalization Ambrosia brings -- and I know of no reason it can't be tried.'
'I suggest acquiring a soul fragment, and bringing it to Fillet, the confectioner trainer in Sslanis, for inspection. He has a strong grasp of unusual ingredients -- you could say tinkering is in his blood, stereotypical though that is.'

Fillet tells you, 'Fascinating! I boiled the sample down, and it appeared to liquefy quite well, but it was ruined the instant I touched the pot. The solution seems very fragile, and crystallizes very easily -- like sugar, but somehow even more sensitive.'
'Now, the trick to prevent sugar from crystallizing is to mix in a contaminant, believe it or not. With sugar, this is usually a simple sugar, like maple syrup. Just a dash is enough to prevent crystals from bonding. Can't say I'm certain what to use here, though... we would ideally find an ingredient that's a nearly polar opposite, then melt it down and add it to the mixture. We might possibly be looking for something blighted, though it would be pure and unlike any ingredient I know now. Please return if you believe you've found something appropriate.'