Thread: Hello from Unity/Chaos

Default Hello from Unity/Chaos

Hey Guys N' Gals.

I just thought I'd post here since Chaos is currently down and I've just made this new forum account..I'm not sure how many of the forum addicts here would know me, If any atall do. But I used to play on Wind server before been Migrated to Unity some time ago..After been moved to Unity and seeing many players i played with leave the game due to the state of the game at the time i decided to leave the game rather than stay after everyone i'd played and lvld with left. Anyway I've been on WoW (boring i know) for around 2 and a half years since leaving HZ, But i've been persuaded by arbumillia to come back and i'm currently on chaos on my free trial waiting for my unity transfer which i hope will be soon.

Anyway sorry for the longwindedness of the post. My unity character was Called Bloodzone. And my current chaos trial character is WildFang..If anyone recognises either name, feel free to drop me a tell ingame (when its back ofc)

Cya'll soon =)

Bloodzone/WildFang

Default Re: Hello from Unity/Chaos

you know you won't get a transfer until your free trial is up and you have a PAID account?

just FYI

a one month account is enough to get you that transfer

(and WELCOME BACK!)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

yep, i know this..I'm just waiting for some sort of support feedback, other than the automated reply i have to let me know that they can move my char over..The trial account is a new account as msy old one wouldnt let me add a payment or a trial..So they'd have to move my char from one account to another and server to server, is this possible? if not i've wasted 1 week lvln a new toon ^.^

/Regards

they should be able to as far as I know, they seem very competent

glad to see you back in game anyway (once the servers come back up..)

Thanks again for taking the time to reply...as i've been away so long i have no idea how long maintanence takes.I'm currently playing from england and it's 16:40 here and the servers been down a while now...How long is the downtime usualy?

it's the same time here (I'm also in England.. )

I can never remember, it always seems to take far longer than it actually does. However we should be able to log in a bit later and get some play time in.

reckon on 7ish at the earliest. Maybe earlier if we're lucky (but I don't my kids to bed until then so I'm usually reduced to forum surfing till then)

My understanding is that the majority of people (if not all) had to create a new US account, as the EU ones were disabled.

I know for certain that so long as you supplied your old account information as well as your new account information, characters will be able to be transfered from the old EU account to the new US one.

As Arietna said, though, no transfers will be done until you have a paid account. And it is possible that the transfers will take longer than 2 weeks to complete (depending on how many we get and how much we tie our tech team to their computers over the next few weeks), so my suggestion is to pay for a single month, make your request, and if the transfer does not seem that it will happen in that time, submit a ticket requesting why.

Ah thanks, I dont have to worry about kids been in bed as to my knowledge i dont have any ..i'll just keep trying and i'll get in eventually. Missing my old toon already and it kinda sucks ill have to pay to have _unity removed from the end of his name, but if he's sucessfully moved i guess it's a small price to pay to play my original HZ toon. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzone View Post
    yep, i know this..I'm just waiting for some sort of support feedback, other than the automated reply i have to let me know that they can move my char over..The trial account is a new account as msy old one wouldnt let me add a payment or a trial..So they'd have to move my char from one account to another and server to server, is this possible? if not i've wasted 1 week lvln a new toon ^.^

/Regards
    If you mean you can not add accounts onto your old Unity account that would be correct, if you mean you have a Us account you could not add accounts too then you may want to sub a ticket to get that looked at. As to unity transfers, if you have not noticed there is a link on the news page on the right hand side that tells you what info to send and will get which toons you want moved over once you account goes active paid.

If you look down in the Unity forum section there are a couple question threads that has a lot of good info on the transfer more so towards the end of the threads.

As to the down time length I can never remember but you can check out blight if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzone View Post
    Missing my old toon already and it kinda sucks ill have to pay to have _unity removed from the end of his name, but if he's sucessfully moved i guess it's a small price to pay to play my original HZ toon. xD
    I do not believe you have to pay for having the _unity removed. However, please note that what may have to happen is your character name might have to be changed from what it was on Unity if someone else already had that name on the server you choose. That's the reason why characters are having _Unity appended to their name to begin with. It was easier to just do that than write code that asked "Does this name exist already? If not, ok. If so, append Unity".

I will ask, however, to confirm whether there is a charge or not for having the _Unity removed from transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    I do not believe you have to pay for having the _unity removed. However, please note that what may have to happen is your character name might have to be changed from what it was on Unity if someone else already had that name on the server you choose. That's the reason why characters are having _Unity appended to their name to begin with. It was easier to just do that than write code that asked "Does this name exist already? If not, ok. If so, append Unity".

I will ask, however, to confirm whether there is a charge or not for having the _Unity removed from transfers.
    Thanks alot, and with regards to having to have the account paid, i'll be paying it tonight at some stage to aid my transfer=), are the transfers done as a batch all at once like on a maintenence day or staggered as they're recieved?

According to https://accounts.istaria.com/membershiptypes.php you get a free name change if you have a _shardname name. (Lots of names here..)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Just made a one month payment, although i had 6 days left on my free trial, to see if this could help me get my character back...hopefully quickly, hope to see ya'll on Blood soon =)

Oh, i forgot to add, I had already made a transfer request this week prior to paying, but have sent in a new email with all of the account details for old and new accounts and character names today also..thought maybe my previous request had been ignored due to trial status of my account =)

Guess theres alot of other players who've been waiting longer than me ahead of me in the queue though.

*Emissary hat on* Just so you know they are doing them each by hand so yes it can take a bit of time. They have to balance Unity Transfers with other work.
    *Emissary hat off*

But glad to hear you have heard back and hopefully you will not have to long of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    *Emissary hat on* Just so you know they are doing them each by hand so yes it can take a bit of time. They have to balance Unity Transfers with other work.
    *Emissary hat off*

But glad to hear you have heard back and hopefully you will not have to long of a wait.
    Aye, i figured they'd have to be done manually..atleast in HZ the support seems to be a whole hell of a lot more personal than the copy/pasted scripted replies that you got whenever you asked something on one of the EU WoW servers =)
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

Thread Information