Thread: Trandalar Gate Quest (Spoiler)

Thorongil

Default Trandalar Gate Quest (Spoiler)

From a guildmate's notes:

Quests for access the Trandalar Gates

Travel to the ice towers. The gate at the top goes to the valley of repose. If you take the gate, it will deposit you right next to the two quest givers.

A normal gate keeper that gives braveey quests ? kill something
    A crafter that gives quests to collect 250 of slabs or uncut stuff to turn-in

The Bravery quests are:

Gatekeeper tells you, 'Greetings, I am the gatekeeper for Trandalar. I have been granted the power to attune you to the destinations of Trandalar -- thus granting you the ability to teleport here later on. Provided you have access to an appropriate travel gate, of course. Do you wish to be attuned to a Trandalar destination

Gatekeeper tells you, 'Would you like to be attuned to here (The Valley of Repose, The Valley of the Moon, Brandon's Shelf, Aroah Leap, or Rift's Edge

Valley of Repose - Gatekeeper tells you, 'This valley was long ago settled by my people. We were forced out when Katja erupted. Eclipse, an evil-tempered Obsidian Golem is continually reborn in Katja's belly. I will attune you to this valley if you can defeat Eclipse.'

Valley of the Moon - Gatekeeper tells you, 'In the days long past, we would celebrate the light from our beloved Moon with incredible feasts held in the Valley of the Moon. Go three cairns west of Brandon's Shelf, and then three cairns north along the road. If you can hunt Icefang, the winter mountain wolf that haunts the valley, I will attune you to the Valley of the Moon.'

Brandon?s Shelf - Gatekeeper tells you, 'Just south of this valley, through the frozen tunnel is Brandon's Shelf. Toward the ocean from Brandon's Shelf can be found the wiley old winter gruok called Harruf. Slay him and I will attune you to Brandon's Shelf.'

Aroah Leap - Gatekeeper tells you, 'If you choose to travel seven cairns west of Brandon's Shelf, you'll find the path to Aroah Leap. This is the western most tip of Trandalar. Roaming the path to Aroah Leap is Blizzard, the ice golem. Destroy Blizzard, and I will reward you with attunement to Aroah Leap.'

Rifts Edge - Gatekeeper tells you, 'On the rim of The Rift in the north is an outpost, long ago lost to time. If you descend into The Rift from there, you will encounter Giant Crusher, the nickel golem. Defeat him, and I will attune you to Rift's Edge.'

The crafting quests are:
    Gatekeeper tells you, 'My brother over there asks for acts of bravery in order to attune you to the destinations of Trandalar. I ask for the resources that will help us rebuild here. Are you interested in being attuned to the destinations of Trandalar

Gatekeeper tells you, 'Would you like to be attuned to here (The Valley of Repose, The Valley of the Moon, Brandon's Shelf, Aroah Leap, or Rift's Edge?'

Valley of Repose - Gatekeeper tells you, 'This valley was long ago settled by my family's people. We were forced out when Katja erupted. My brother and I are rebuilding now, and we need assistance. While my brother looks for bravery, I look for cunning. Bring me 250 obsidian slabs and I will attune you here in the Valley of Repose.'

Valley of the Moon - Gatekeeper tells you, 'Before The Gifted, we would honor the light from our Moon with massive feasts held in the Valley of the Moon. Bring me 250 gold ore and I will attune you there.'

Brandon?s Shelf - Gatekeeper tells you, 'Just south of this valley, through the frozen tunnel is Brandon's Shelf. Bring me 250 granite slabs and I will attune you there.'

Aroah Leap - Gatekeeper tells you, 'If you choose to travel seven cairns west of Brandon's Shelf, you'll find the path to Aroah Leap. This is the western most tip of Trandalar. If you bring me 250 unspun cotton, I will attune you there.'

The Rift - Gatekeeper tells you, 'The Rift is found north of here. Follow the roads until you come to the great chasm. Bring me 250 nickel ore and I will attune you to there.'

It appears that the quest does not keep track if you mine it yourself or someone gives it to you. You just apparently need to have it on you when you talk to him.

Denak

Default Re: Trandalar Gate Quest (Spoiler)

I've completed all the bravery quests. Some things are confusing to begin with but clear as day once you know (if you know what i mean!)

The Bravery Quests are best done in this order:

===========================================

1: Valley of Repose

Gatekeeper tells you, 'This valley was long ago settled by my people. We were forced out when Katja erupted. Eclipse, an evil-tempered Obsidian Golem is continually reborn in Katja's belly. I will attune you to this valley if you can defeat Eclipse.'

There is a volcano west of the landing pads. Inside the volcano you will find Eclipse (at roughly 25849,34999). Eclipse is a level 73 obsidian golem with around 4350hp.

2: Brandon?s Shelf

Gatekeeper tells you, 'Just south of this valley, through the frozen tunnel is Brandon's Shelf. Toward the ocean from Brandon's Shelf can be found the wiley old winter gruok called Harruf. Slay him and I will attune you to Brandon's Shelf.'

You can get to Brandon's Shelf from the Valley of Repose by following the path south(ish) past the wood shop and around the southern side of the volcano. Go through the frozen tunnel (north end of the tunnel is 25132,34039 and south end is 25124). Out the south end of the frozen tunnel is the Brandon's Shelf landing pad (25118,33703).

Head south from the Brandon's Shelf landing pad. As you come closer to the ocean you'll come to a nice flat bit of snow on your left and you'll find Harruf wandering around there somewhere (I found him at 25117,33418). He's a level 54 winter gruok with around 2230hp.

3: Valley of the Moon

Gatekeeper tells you, 'In the days long past, we would celebrate the light from our beloved Moon with incredible feasts held in the Valley of the Moon. Go three cairns west of Brandon's Shelf, and then three cairns north along the road. If you can hunt Icefang, the winter mountain wolf that haunts the valley, I will attune you to the Valley of the Moon.'

The "cairns" are the big rock pillars. Dont count the one at Brandon's Shelf landing pad. Head west from Brandon's Shelf and then start counting. Just follow the road and you'll eventually come to a road heading north near the third rock pillar.

Heading north along that road you'll come to the Valley of the Moon landing pad (23960,34928) and then it's not far further north along the road till you come to a plateu and that's where Icefang hangs out (23965,35115 is where i found him but he roams that whole shelf) with a bunch of other winter wolves. Icefang is a level 59 winter wolf with around 2546hp.

4: Aroah Leap

Gatekeeper tells you, 'If you choose to travel seven cairns west of Brandon's Shelf, you'll find the path to Aroah Leap. This is the western most tip of Trandalar. Roaming the path to Aroah Leap is Blizzard, the ice golem. Destroy Blizzard, and I will reward you with attunement to Aroah Leap.'

Its quite a run out to this place, though I prefer to go out there and see what's around rather than do the craft quest and not have to run there at all. I guess it's a matter of preference.

The road you will be following from Brandon's Shelf will curve to the north and then there will be a path off to the left (heading west again). If you reach the massive Blight Gates you've gone too far! I recommend keeping count of the rock pillars as you run past as it gives you a sense of how far you have left to go :)

Blizzard is an ice golem that roams along the track that you turn onto. First time I was able to run the length of the track and didnt find him though it may have just been me lagging and not seeing him load. On my second pass I found him right on the road at 21379,34043. Blizzard is level 65 with around 4773hp.

Aroah Leap landing pad is at 21008, 34024 and there is an unfinished lighthouse there too.

5: Rifts Edge

Gatekeeper tells you, 'On the rim of The Rift in the north is an outpost, long ago lost to time. If you descend into The Rift from there, you will encounter Giant Crusher, the nickel golem. Defeat him, and I will attune you to Rift's Edge.'

This is a long run as well. The Rifts Edge landing pad is at 25032,37296. Take the road that heads north from the Valley of Repose landing pad past the teleporter and ends up heading west through the hills and keep an eye on your map. There's many roads out there to take, I would recommend placing a marker on your map for the Rifts Edge landing pad and just heading overland towards it.

Once you reach the landing pad jump down into the canyon. Giant Crusher the nickel golem roams around on the lower plateu - I found him at 25276,37651. He's a level 48 nickel golem with around 2460hp.

And that, folks, is all the Bravery Quests done. I completed them all in a few hours, but shouldnt take anyone else that long now that you know where to go and what to find!

At the end of it all I was pretty happy with the quest series as I'd seen most of the Tranladar continent (well the parts south of the rift!)

On a side note: I also found two new player towns - Acul, 13 R-I plots, largest being 100x100 and smallest 60x60... location 27835,34942.... and Brandon's Shelf has a community to the east of the landing pad. 11 plots there, on Order all except four 60x60 plots are taken.

Hope someone finds this of use!

Thread Information