Thread: Payment options

Default Payment options

Are there any plans to allow colletion authorization or other billing methods that dont require a credit card or paypal?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Payment options

There is something on the accounts page about being able to send a check directly to Virtrium.

Also I believe that you can link a paypal account directly to your checking account.

My friend tried it with paypal, but they only also wantet a CC from him. For the EU players its uttery difficult to pay Istaria if they dont have a CC.

Can you please add more payment options like other companies have?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I'm not sure what other payment options other companies have, so can't really help.

You do not need a credit card to open a Paypal account. I have never had a CC, and do have a paypal account. It is linked to my checking account through a debit card. But that's in the US, perhaps EU has different rules. *shrugs*

I use a debit card on my paypal account too, not a credit card. I refuse to have a credit card except for emergencies, and I don't consider using paypal an emergency

I'm in the UK
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

my paypal i activated for eBay works fine with my bank account

no cc required

I pay though Paypal using my debit card, no credit cards here, had no problems at all, money just comes out of my bank account every month

I use paypal without any card. Not creditcard, not debitcard. So those are réally not needed... you can make an account if you have a bankaccount; and though you do need to give a banknumber while making an account you don't even háve to connect that bankaccount to your paypal-account: you can also choose to regularly send money (from ány bank) to your paypal-account; your money will then be kept at their bank, and you can use your account until it's empty (or until you send more of course).

So you can go all ways with paypal, lot of different choices.

hm I dont think that non-credit card thing works for EU customers.

Atleast my paypal account doesnt seem to like that idea ...

I'm from europe...

hm I dont think that non-credit card thing works for EU customers
    Galilee is THE EU customer (and my preferred kitten)

You can open a Paypal account tied to the bank account but you can also contact Virtrium for a "custom" non CC nor Paypal form of payment for those really without any other way.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Another option would be to check your local banks or mega chains (like Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, etc.) and see if they offer prepaid debit cards. These cards act in every way like a CC except you place a balance into them at the start. They are refillable for a small fee and have all the protections that a regular CC has for fraud and such.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Some countries in europe (among them mine ) don't have pre-paid (really acting as cc worldwide) cards. Been pestering banks etc here for years now to introduce them, but to no avail yet.

@Vahrokh: (but this kitty sure is sorry to not see you around again, after all this time in the void, due to you making the 'wrong' choice of shard, of course ) (hope you have a wonderful time, with your own Vah at last again, over there then though!)
    Last edited by Galilee; April 28th, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

Now I have to ask the stupid question, yes some have to.

Why is this such a big problem why not get a Visa or Eurocard or what ever and pay with that.
    I have had mine for years and have never had any problems with it.

I am from Denmark by the way not that it should matter.

1. Creditcards are not so easy to get in all countries. In mine for instance, poorer people, even if they have no outstanding debts, simply will not be deemed 'worthy' of a cc.

2. Could be matter of different culture or different upbringing, but there are still a lót of people that don't trust internet as to using cc on it. Europeans I think are in general quite a bit more afraid of this then US-citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    Now I have to ask the stupid question, yes some have to.

Why is this such a big problem why not get a Visa or Eurocard or what ever and pay with that.
    I have had mine for years and have never had any problems with it.

I am from Denmark by the way not that it should matter.
    Got one, especially for HZ and the occasional purchase through internet. It's at a very low amount of credit. It was weird to get and use one at first, more an US thing like Galilee said I think, but no problems with it now. I'm from the Netherlands fyi.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    1. Creditcards are not so easy to get in all countries. In mine for instance, poorer people, even if they have no outstanding debts, simply will not be deemed 'worthy' of a cc.

2. Could be matter of different culture or different upbringing, but there are still a lót of people that don't trust internet as to using cc on it. Europeans I think are in general quite a bit more afraid of this then US-citizens
    ok, never thought off no 1 but no 2 i was aware off.

Please do not mix the different countries in Europe with different solutions for bank business. In Germany you don't need a CC for Pay Pal in Austria you need a CC, both countries language is German both are in Europe. This is only one example, much more tricky thingies are exist in the wide field of online-gaming and payment.
    So you have the different bank procedures on the one hand and different cultures and different habits on the other hand.
    But meanwhile we have more options and solutions in Europe for transactions like this.
    Osgoroth, the friendly neighborhood blue Dragon

Thread Information