Thread: Dual Boot System Need Help!

Default Dual Boot System Need Help!

I have 64 Vista installed first then installed my XP on same raid stripe. I had left space for this just in case. And now it boots up in XP everytime. I can see that Vista is still there ondrive C: and XP is on drive F:. I dont know how to set it up to let me pick what OS I wish to use at boot up. Can some one plz give me some help or point me in the right dirction.

Thx You for your time and help
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Default Re: Dual Boot System Need Help!

your system is probably booting using the windows XP bootloader... which is NOT able to boot vista (you will need to use vista's boot process). start your computer up with your vista disk in the drive, and enter the recovery menu.

choose the "startup repair".

if that doesn't do the trick, this more technical KB article might help too. (if you feel up to messing with commands)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

install easyBCD as well once your vista is repaired, this will give you an ability to create a boot menu with both vista and XP listed. It also has a handy tool called Ireboot which makes booting into your other OS much faster than usual.

but yeah if you install XP after vista the XP Bootloader overwrites Vista's. You need to as mentioned above boot with the Vista CD and repair your startup.

Thx u guys. It helped alot I have it working right now
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Thread Information