Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T6 Food

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Exclamation T6 Food

This isn't a rant, more of a plea for help.

Our resident Chef on Chaos has taken a break from Cooking for a while. I can't say i blame them.

What it has done though is exposed a major problem.

Nobody else is or can make T6 foods yet and the ones actively training in confectioner rekon they are about another month from hitting the lvl.

Were down to a couple of T6 items (no meals) and the T5 are running out fast.

Now i have gotten used to the new Dp system and even accepted it, but please HELP!!!

I'm upto 10 Dp's and rising due to the rating system where i need to kill lvl 100 mobs while im only lvl 60. No craft at 100 so yes i die alot.

Can we get an Empire NPC chef or somthing to sell high lvl foods till others can actually make the stuff?

You've made it so i have to sit their for 4 hours to get rid of about 8 Dp's and im not gonna sit their for 40 hours to get rid of 1 by eating low lvl foods.
    Your forcing me to actively not play which is a bad thing as im starting to wander to other web-sites to look at other games because i'm just NOT a crafter.

Please help.

Default Re: T6 Food

There are other level 100 confectioners on Chaos.

Sounds like they are in hiding.

The resource requirements on food have caused the main Tavern food stocker to take a long break (as well as seek solace in playing other games).

I believe the bulk and the bonus requirements were issues also.

She was also getting undercut on food pricing, which is of course, anyone's right to price at whatever they feel is fair; however with the amount of time she was spending making food, she did not feel it was a fair return on her time to slave away over a hot stove.

So actually, an Imperial food seller is a good idea. That would be a good way to gauge where food should be priced.

I asked a confectioner about this, and they said that part of the reason why they aren't making much food is because many of them don't have plots. Confectioner requires huge numbers of resources, and you need a gigantic fully built plot on which to store those resources. A 25x25 plot simply isn't enough to build the large numbers of storehouses and machines that you need unfortunately. You need more like a 100x100 (the equivalent of sixteen 25x25 plots).

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I asked a confectioner about this, and they said that part of the reason why they aren't making much food is because many of them don't have plots. Confectioner requires huge numbers of resources, and you need a gigantic fully built plot on which to store those resources. A 25x25 plot simply isn't enough to build the large numbers of storehouses and machines that you need unfortunately. You need more like a 100x100 (the equivalent of sixteen 25x25 plots).
    I don't agree. I have a medium-sized plot, 60x40, with 5 storehouses and 5 silos, and it works pretty fine. I also have a conf and alchy shop, and he mill is on my neighbour's plot.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Just thinking on it, if it was possible.
    You could use one of the dis-used trade centers and have Ellien teaching other confectioners of Istaria (NPC's) the new foods, and they could be selling off the results?

Just a way to bring in a way of getting temp foods that is in keeping with RP purposes?

I've got a plot that's 42x56 or so, and have all 3 needed shops, 2 storehouses and a guildhouse. it's been enough so far, although more space would be useful. I've just had to be careful about what I make.

I'm getting there as fast as I can
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I am leveling too, but yea, my biggest drawback is the number of ingredients you have to gather, so you can process them and.... where do you stick the processed stuff, while you go get other raw foods to.... Process...

Some people's vaults are "overstuffed" so that's out. If your vault is not overstuffed, then it becomes full on stacked items. If you don't have confectioner silos, need to build those up so you can store...4 items (which needs to be more IMO), and then the "my plot was either too small, or already built up and is not geared for doing confectioner stuff and will need to be redone!" (that is my case)

Sooo my deluxe marble disk has become my portable food silo for doing confectioner stuff, unfortunate side effect, I can't use any other disk. So I am stuck clearing the pack and gathering each raw food one pack at a time and loading up my disk with the processed raw food.

yea... it's a big headache, especially at optimum, recipies take 1 of these, 3 of these, 6 of those, and 3 of these.... and of the "6 of those" because processing does not stay even with cooking, you can be WAY over optimal on making the food, but to make the processed meat or fish, you are far from being optimal without teched gear
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I appreciate the predicament you are in. I don't really feel that a NPC that sells foods will necessarily solve your issues. It would simply put us back into the same boat we were in before with Ambrosia.

One change we do have coming up soon is that the bulk of processed food resources will be 2 and gathered/purchased food resources will be 4. This should hopefully help you some.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Level 100 dragons are t6. this may be considred derailing...but it pertains to t6 food.

Dragons cant use t6 at opt. please consider changing this phrase:

"less effective for users whose potential rating is less than 101"

to

"less effective for users whose potential rating is less than 100"

Thats all I got. thanks for your time
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I agree with Amon - it's supposed to be a player driver econemy anyway - people just gonna have to train themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    One change we do have coming up soon is that the bulk of processed food resources will be 2 and gathered/purchased food resources will be 4. This should hopefully help you some.
    That will be a considerable improvement. Thank you.

I'm level 89 conf atm, but haven't been actively working it for a few weeks since I can only make a few T6 foods...to make others I need to get gatherer up. I've gone from 48 to 77 gatherer now, but some resources I need I just can't get to/harvest, either due to level or the location.

If there are any level 100 gatherers out there that can get me blood or shadowstem fungus I'd be more than happy to pay them for their time and effort, as this would allow me to make more of the T6 foods.

Also, I would love just one piece of buttercap so that I can do the quest for that (bonus from shadowstem fungus).

I'll see what I can do about getting some stuff onto the tavern in Brist over the next few days, the menu might be a bit boring but it'll be better than nothing.

Please be patient for a few days while I get some food made as I have some RL issues going on right now.

A quick question:

the screen tells me when chopping / processing food, that I do not get XP for this because it is not in my present class...

What class DOES get XP from chopping 4000 bass into fillets?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    A quick question:

the screen tells me when chopping / processing food, that I do not get XP for this because it is not in my present class...

What class DOES get XP from chopping 4000 bass into fillets?
    Gatherer does.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

so to harvest and prep food, you have to be a gatherer and to make finished food/meals, you have to be conf?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Afraid so

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    so to harvest and prep food, you have to be a gatherer and to make finished food/meals, you have to be conf?
    Actually, you can harvest and prep food as a confectioner. But if you want to gain XP for your prep work you will need to be a Gatherer at the time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, you can harvest and prep food as a confectioner. But if you want to gain XP for your prep work you will need to be a Gatherer at the time.
    I must say that there are very few prepared stuff that give xp in Gatherer, since most of the ressources are T0.
    Last edited by Zexoin; April 27th, 2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: correcting the stupid errors I did >.>

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    You need more like a 100x100 (the equivalent of sixteen 25x25 plots).
    I have a 60x60 with a mill, conf, and alch shops (and a pottery shop). I have a saris manor house and a T2 consigner. I also have 22 T5 storehouses and ...18? T2 silos. Everything is kinda crammed in there. (I also have trees and hedges and trees...and did I mention trees?)

The silos are for large overflow and the connie is for small overflow. The storehouses CAN hold all the unprocessed and gatherable resources. (I don't generally store the bought stuff.) It's possible to do it with a smaller plot, but I had to specialize. About the only other thing I can work at my plot now is alch...which is actually good, because that was next on my list. (I would like to get a larger plot...one day.)

And, er, I seem to be rambling. Sorry 'bout that, spent the day with friends and away from the game and had WAY too much caffeine.

Anyway, I am on enforced vacation for another 5-6 days. (tramsan ATE my tools. ) I'll start restocking my supplies once my vacation is over. More food should follow shortly thereafter. Depending on upcoming changes though, I may be taking one to two week breaks every month or so. (I'm lairshaping right now...it's been very relaxing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Level 100 dragons are t6. this may be considred derailing...but it pertains to t6 food.

Dragons cant use t6 at opt. please consider changing this phrase:

"less effective for users whose potential rating is less than 101"

to

"less effective for users whose potential rating is less than 100"

Thats all I got. thanks for your time
    Well it isn't really that bad. I've used tier 6 food and I only end up losing maybe like ...... 5 mins. So if the food was supposed to give me 4hours and 30 mins I end up getting 4hours and 25 mins. And when you compare it to the T5 equivalent you'll see you are still getting more mins (as much as 25 mins I've seen) from the T6 version than the T5.

The upside to this is you can use all the tier5 version of the food (all being appetizers, side dish, main dish, and dessert) and then switch to the tier6 versions of them without having to waste time with that pesky recycle time. (you still have to wait a tiny bit with the delay time to use.... but nothing you can do with that^^). And by the time you finish the tier 6 version the t5 ones will be ready to go! So loosen those belts and get ready to gourge.

As far as there not being enough conf. players to make the high level food...... maybe you can pitch in and help them level up? Been helping the guild's conf. level up by collecting fish and chicken with my dragon and filling the silos. It isn't much..... but hey....... it helps, or atleast I like to think it does.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thread Information