Thread: He jumps from the Tower of Spirit.... Geronimoooooo

Default He jumps from the Tower of Spirit.... Geronimoooooo

Well, I did it, a 3rd level hatchie made his way alone on a long journey to the spiritist tower, dodging Gruoks and Spiders both, to jump from the top and land about 100 yards past the blight gates near the treants.

I hit the beach and immediately hit sprint, following the shoreline to the safe area going south. Yes folks it can be done
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: He jumps from the Tower of Spirit.... Geronimoooooo

Hehe gratz

Can't wait to see the hatchie glide hit live!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

can you imagine how badly shivering and scared this poor little thing would be, standing there with death all around - threatning its baby hatchling live ?

Please tell me you recorded this glide-and-run with Fraps (or the video capture of your choice) and posted on youtube (or wherever). I would love to see that brave little guy in action!

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    Please tell me you recorded this glide-and-run with Fraps (or the video capture of your choice) and posted on youtube (or wherever). I would love to see that brave little guy in action!
    I wouldn't mind trying this out myself... will get it recorded for you if I do.

I thought about fraps too late, but I will
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Well done, Justa! Conga Rats!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

an idea would be, to address the issue of making the travel to draak to easy, to have the fall speed go up exponentially.. making a hatchie glide better for the first 10-30 secs or so and then after this time fall faster (not abrubt but with a nice arc to gradually increases) this way it wont be nerfed because for normal purposes a hatchie could glide even better, but would prevent them from making absurd distances..

we could say their wings would get tired after a while, since they still young

... to address the issue ...

I plead the fifth

There "is" no issue, but if the "devs" believe this to be a circumnavigation around having to go through tier 6 mobs to get to Draak...

That is up to them.

(I apologize to the playing community if I have errored by doing this)

Well, it's not easy for a hatchy to go to the tower of Spirit, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    an idea would be, to address the issue of making the travel to draak to easy, to have the fall speed go up exponentially.. making a hatchie glide better for the first 10-30 secs or so and then after this time fall faster (not abrubt but with a nice arc to gradually increases) this way it wont be nerfed because for normal purposes a hatchie could glide even better, but would prevent them from making absurd distances..

we could say their wings would get tired after a while, since they still young
    I actually agree with this. Seeing the video of it, methinks they can stay in the air for far too long- why get your wings proper when you don't need them?

Unless of course, the issue of them getting to Draak easy isn't an issue by dev standards?

The spirit tower is actualy very high. Needs many cat's steps to go up there...

BTW: can someone link the video, or did I miss something?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    ... to address the issue ...

I plead the fifth

There "is" no issue, but if the "devs" believe this to be a circumnavigation around having to go through tier 6 mobs to get to Draak...

That is up to them.

(I apologize to the playing community if I have errored by doing this)
    yes well i have to agree with you, its not really an issue, just a change...
    i just have been always fond of arcs hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    BTW: can someone link the video, or did I miss something?
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18251

I disagree that these hatchies can glide too far. That footage was taken on a jump from one of the highest places in Istaria that can be easily climbed. Part of the fun of gliding is seeing how far you can go from high places. Most glides in most situations would be far shorter than that. So this isn't unbalancing, and it isn't a replacement for flight. It's just a fun little side.
    Last edited by gopher65; April 30th, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Oho, that sounds like incredible fun! And well done you! Next time, try to get there without gliding

The best I've managed (on chaos) was level 15, ick.

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Thread Information