Thread: Horizons not starting...sort of

Default Horizons not starting...sort of

After logging in, patcher, and initializer complete their jobs, Horizons starts...

1) A full size window frame is drawn to the right and a down about 25% each way

2) the frame remains unfilled

3) Sound initiates normally

4) Even when in-game music starts, the visual is only an unfilled frame on the desktop

5) Desktop icons and cursor blink-shift (move a little, move back) at a regular interval

Game options were set to full screen before today's maintenance. I have to stop the program using XP's program manager, and even then I have to go to processes to stop it - trying to stop it as an application only causes it to hang

Default Re: Horizons not starting...sort of

Solution Found

Deleting the character files in \Horizons\prefs folder will fix the problem.

Anyone know what file or files in particular might cause this? It's really irritation to have to rest everything (chat, hotkeys, etc)

Had the same problem. By a process of elimination, deleting the ClientPrefs_Graphic.def from your prefs folder should work as it gets regenerated (still need some setting up). But at least it means your char prefs remain.

I wonder. Is it possible to return said .def file once you have gotten the game to load up? Also. DOes this work permanently or will I need to do this every time I log in, until the devs come up with a permanent solution?

I tried to return a backup of the file, but it caused the same problem unfortunately. Just had to ditch it and modify settings in game to what they where, and back up this version.

HTH

Thread Information