Thread: satyr island head scales bugged?

Default satyr island head scales bugged?

i have no live converting claw so i tried on the marrows the satyr head scales (converts damage to X)

and i missed all strikes, even gold rage

would i do more damage with this scale and is it intended to miss as an "security-barrier" ?

Default Re: satyr island head scales bugged?

The satyr isle scales are not for killing marrows, they are for killing the satyr isle mobs.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    The satyr isle scales are not for killing marrows, they are for killing the satyr isle mobs.
    Correction:

The head scales (there are 4 of them) are for killing the blight wisps that inhabit each island. If you attack a normal mob with it on, your damage is drastically reduced until you take it off.

for example, the headscale of feast is only good against "famine" blight wisps on Alged
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I mean the whisps, with "mobs". =P Since Vlisson is an ancient dragon he knows the satyr whisps.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

ok if i would do reduced or zero damage than all would be fine for me ^^

but i miss everytime

i dont play my dragon so i havent tried it on lower mobs too

I think that is the way they sit it up. + to hit famine - to hit every thing else. As it is not a damage type bonus but a to hit Type bonus. But I could be wrong.

My question would be what does it matter if it causes you to miss every time on a different mob type then for what it meant to be used on?

the head scales areonly made for the whisps on the satyr isles like justa said
    usin it on anything else would be rather pointless as damage is reduced and just about everything can evade it

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    ok if i would do reduced or zero damage than all would be fine for me ^^

but i miss everytime

i dont play my dragon so i havent tried it on lower mobs too
    Doesn't matter that you miss, even if you would hit you would do zero damage so what's the difference?

Take that scale of if you're not fighting the right wisp and you will be fine.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

every mob has a different resistance against the possible damage

for example if you activate primal boon than you could do more damage than without it, because the mob dont have that resistance against this damage than your "normal" slash

i know that this scales are event scales ^^

but im sure that you could hit your mobs with them (2 years ago) but you have dealt less or zero damage

so it seems to me that they are bugged? why should they reduce your to hit to 0?

and even if it doesnt matter if you do 0 damage or dont hit i would like to get light in the dark ^^

primal boon is for reklar and works only for reklar - it converts damage into REKLAR SLAYER damage or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    but im sure that you could hit your mobs with them (2 years ago) but you have dealt less or zero damage

so it seems to me that they are bugged? why should they reduce your to hit to 0?

and even if it doesnt matter if you do 0 damage or dont hit i would like to get light in the dark ^^

Try them on the appropiate wisp. If you hit and damage they are not bugged. They are especially made for that mob so they don't work on others, that's no bug that's how it works.

If you want to boil an egg you don't use the toaster and claim that is bugged don't you?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

^^ Yes Sigi i want to know it, even if i would never use it ^^

@rizo than try the primal boon an another monster and thell me what you experience =)

@ontopic the event head scale converts the damage into another type, it does not change the to-hit-chance (this is how it should work)

i dont know if this got changed in the past (this is my real question: is it bugged or intended that i miss)

at some mobs you have (or had) an advantage if you could have changed your damage type, the most mobs dont have a good reklar damage resistance (same goes for the event damage)

I would think it is meant to be like that and not bugged. They are meant to be used on one type of mob and so should not effect other mobs.

Yes primal boon use to be just a flame add for dragons. I remember Bipeds use to cast that one them selves when they did not have a dragon. But I thought they fixed that. Maybe they did as far as Relkar but not as far as the boon it's self?

ok so nobody knows anything about a change / fix / update of the event scales?

I like the way you think, getting past resistances is always a good idea.

Sadly, i don't think the satyr isle headscales are likely to be changed anytime soon. Best to send in a ticket and try that route, if you want my advice anyhow.

I've certainly heard no rumors of them changing them at the moment.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Vlisson,
    You are likely missing, not due to the mobs Resistance, but due to its Ward of that particular damage type.

I doubt that every mob has a +X Feast damage Resistance/Ward attached to it. So I would think it possible that when attacking a mob with a damage type that is not listed in its Defenses, there is an automatic +5000 or some very high number Resistance or Ward applied. This would allow the developers to add a mob that requires a special damage type meant only for that mob and not have to go back and add the Resistance/Ward against that damage type to every existing mob.

Remember the Ward portion of Defenses. That is very likely why you are completely missing.

Thread Information