Thread: Some young char quests have turned into a bloodbath demoralisation.

Default Some young char quests have turned into a bloodbath demoralisation.

Very Sad Encounter.
    I sent some happy, excited young players to their demoralising and repeated death.

"Please sir, what can I do? The monsters all kill me".

"Ahh young ones. You need to sharpen your skills and develop you mind and body! Here in Istaria there are those who will teach you some basics to harden yourselves against the ravages and horrors of this world" (give young char quest getting tips)

Next day.

"YOU SUCK BLISTER!!!!"

"What what WHAT!", I say.

"We tried the test of speed you sent us on. We had to speak to someone in the middle of a huge pack of wolves over level 20! That's not fair. And then I got killed by a big dessert wolf in New Rachival before I even finished talking to the gnome about the quest. When we got the quest, a whole PACK of them killed us and we couldn't even run away. Thanks for nothing!"

Well, that did MY name and ego a lot of good! These quests only have baby rewards, so lets not send them all to their death. It's not fun. you WILL lose players by frustrating them.

Please take this suggestion into serious consideration.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Some young char quests have turned into a bloodbath demoralisation.

Duplicate, see Trials of the Gifted in this forum.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information