Thread: satyr island head scales bugged?

Question satyr island head scales bugged?

satyr island head scales bugged? i have no live converting claw so i tried on the marrows the satyr head scales (converts damage to X)

and i missed all strikes, even gold rage

would i do more damage with this scale and is it intended to miss as an "security-barrier" ?

ontopic the event head scale converts the damage into another type, it does not change the to-hit-chance (this is how it should work)

i dont know if this got changed in the past (this is my real question: is it bugged or intended that i miss)

Default Re: satyr island head scales bugged?

They convert damage, and they don't change %chancetohit. You can only damage 1 mob with each satyr island damage type though, and that mob is the glowy wisp thing on that particular island. You will do 0 damage to any other mob with that scale.

As for the mob you are fighting, it is possible that they have a huge evasion, but a negative primal/T&C ward to allow dragons to hit them. Switching damage types would then decrease your chance to hit.

Or you could just have been unlucky. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    so i tried on the marrows the satyr head scales (converts damage to X)
    (bold for emphasis mine)

The talismans and scales were changes so that you can only use them against their intended targets - the 4 green orb creatures on the islands - Famine, Palsy, etc. If you try to use the talismans or scales against other mobs (even others on the satyr islands) they don't work. I think too many people were using them to get past a particular mob's resistance to their attack type.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanee View Post
    The talismans and scales were changes so that you can only use them against their intended targets - the 4 green orb creatures on the islands - Famine, Palsy, etc. If you try to use the talismans or scales against other mobs (even others on the satyr islands) they don't work. I think too many people were using them to get past a particular mob's resistance to their attack type.
    Curious: Do the scales work differently than the biped talismans? I wouldn't think so, but you never know. With the biped crystal thingie you can still hit a mob, but you do 0 damage to anything but that one mob (famine, etc).

You are right Gopher but i hit the marrows 90%

and with gold rage your to hit increases

and i switched my head scale and used all attacks which hitted before and all ive seen "miss" "miss" and "doublemiss"

i will try it today again

if i would deal 0 damage then all would be fine
    but to hit 0% is strange

add on:
    ok i tested it on the gold golems, i hitted them but have done 0 damage (so all ok there)
    then i tried it on the marrows and all attacks, spells/breath missed
    Last edited by Vlisson; May 4th, 2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: tested it again

I thought one of the blocks/parry/resist was done weirdly? That it did not show of us block/parry/resist but as zero damage. I am unable to play right now so I am not sure.

I posted this under your thread of the same in Help/Questions:

Vlisson,
    You are likely missing, not due to the mobs Resistance, but due to its Ward of that particular damage type.

I doubt that every mob has a +X Feast damage Resistance/Ward attached to it. So I would think it possible that when attacking a mob with a damage type that is not listed in its Defenses, there is an automatic +5000 or some very high number Resistance or Ward applied. This would allow the developers to add a mob that requires a special damage type meant only for that mob and not have to go back and add the Resistance/Ward against that damage type to every existing mob.

Remember the Ward portion of Defenses. That is very likely why you are completely missing.

oh yes i missed this

i thought its only an armor reduction (resistance) but it sounds logical that there is also an ward (evasion)

it seems to be no bug else an dev would have answered ^^

The scales are working like they normally should. The damage conversion only works against the intended targets. The weapon crystals are now useable by Dragons. Headscales were only created because back then dragons had no claws (no sockets for weapon crystals).

ok marrows are unique ^^

i used the head scale on the hound (dont know the complete name now) and there i hitted the target like normal but dealt 0 damage

@Guaran whats your point?

Those same Marrows also can't be hit with any root spells, but other nature spells work just fine. Maybe those headscales have one of the same keywords as Root, Patch of Brambles, and Ensnaring Roots?

Thread Information