Thread: Hotkey set up gone when moving from drive C to drive K

Default Hotkey set up gone when moving from drive C to drive K

I am moving the game from my C drive to my K drive to create more room on my OS drive. Is there any way to keep the current hotkey set up that I have? I know that I will probably have to re-install the game and set up the custom UI, icons, and map pak but is there any way around not having to set up the hotkeys again? If not I guess I am stuck doing that as well. Thanks.

Default Re: Hotkey set up gone when moving from drive C to drive K

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17799

I put up a post a bit ago about the registry entries the game uses to find the install directory. If you feel comfortable doing simple registry editing, then all you need to do is move the entire HZ directory from C to K and then change the registry entry from C to K as well. You don't even have to re-install if you don't want to

Thank you Djanee. I appreciate the help. That is what I love about this game. Everyone is willing to help others whether we are old players or new players. This community is so supportive, which I have not found in other games. Even players that don't or can't play any more are willing to help others.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

On the longer route (for those not wanting to edit the registry), yes, you can still do it if you must reinstall on a different drive.

Install on the new drive. Once install is complete, go to the original drive to the Horizons folder. You will want a window open of it. You will also want a window open to the new install once complete. Then you copy the prefs folder from the original folder to the new one. Just make sure you're copying from the original to the new, or you'll end up wiping out your settings. It'll ask if you're sure you want to replace it. Click yes. Your hotkey and chat prefs are all copied for all characters. You can also copy the Launcher, resources, and resources_override folders as well as the ClientPrefs.def file and have nearly 100% of all your settings transferred safely.

I can't stress enough to make sure you're copying from the original installation to the new one and not the other way around.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

A good practice would be to backup your entire Hz directory onto a burnable DVD along with the instructions or a .reg file for changing the registry entry. That way you will be much more up to date when it comes time to "reinstall".

An updated client install file would be nice, now that we are on a purely digital distribution model.

Drev

Thread Information