Thread: Holy... holes?

Default Holy... holes?

I was looking through some old screenshots yesterday and found one of me, as a hatchling, in a very deep hole.

It's southeast of Jeanne, at 22883.83 / 16143.71. Jumping off that cliff to continue westward is a risky move as there's a few places there where bipeds and hatchlings can fall and not get out. Go for a dive, if you feel bored!

Ahem.

So, where are your favorite terrain traps? I'm talking about the ones that leave you swearing as you slam the recall button.

Default Re: Holy... holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    So, where are your favorite terrain traps? I'm talking about the ones that leave you swearing as you slam the recall button.
    There's quite a few in Baker. Man, I hated visiting anyone that lived there as a hatchling. Not only is there small terrain patches where you cannot get out of, there's a whole beach you can get stuck on...

Mind you, some players enjoy having "traps" to thier lair. It's a good sign they do not want to be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Mind you, some players enjoy having "traps" to thier lair. It's a good sign they do not want to be bothered.
    I don't mind visitors to my Selen lair, but beware if you stop by take care...there is a deep hatchie hole in my porch deck. Straight on to the lair you will be fine, just don't go for a stroll on the porch. (The only approach to the lair for those without wings, is to drop down from above. A misstep can land one in the hole, from whence there is no escape...I tested this in khutit).

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee i once fell between a clump of boulders and a cliff wall in summit when looking for stray iron nodes.....had my disk equipped and had to ditch it to recall.
    went back to fetch it and got caught 3 more times before i found the 'sweet spot' to retrieve it......
    i instinctively avoid that area even now.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

There's a hole I got stuck in a few times trying to attune to Harro. It's really near town, so with the end in sight, getting stuck, having to recall and then running the whole long way back again ... grrrrr

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

From the mage tower: after you get past the icy dire wolves, the hatchie has to go see Talon, if you run east from the mage tower in the wrong spot, the hatchie ends up in an inescapable hole.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information