Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anything worth value in game?

Default Is anything worth value in game?

I'm just curious because it seems like our money in game is not worth anything. What items are worth value in game besides BHM? and is gold worth anything anymore?
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Is anything worth value in game?

If you're not a crafter then armor/scales weapons, ect are of value, food of course, then there's also buying a plot or lair, port fees. Ultimately items are worth what folks are willing to buy them for.

Coin is also need for vault upgrades which become very needed later on.

There are only few things in every game with value ... never ever one of these things is gold.

Friendship and fun are invaluable and especially for Istaria the community.

So relax and enjoy the valuable things.
    Osgoroth, the friendly neighborhood blue Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryr View Post
    There are only few things in every game with value ... never ever one of these things is gold.

Friendship and fun are invaluable and especially for Istaria the community.

So relax and enjoy the valuable things.
    Excellent point.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Thankfully this game doesn't need 'gold farming'

I've played alot of other mmo's and lets just say, when it purely becomes an Item based game (ie, you have to have the items or you cant play) then it will be time to move on.

I do think we have some good dev's which are making sure this game does not become like the rest and stays playable for all and not just the richest.

In terms of value thou, i have my Dim nature xstal which i wont be selling for ANY amount of coin
    Last edited by Sindala; May 11th, 2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: bad spelling ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    i have my Dim nature xstal which i wont be selling for ANY amount of coin
    *offers Sindala his first born, a package of rare comic books, and some 1957 bazooka chewing gum*
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Not really. At least nothing crafted, as there is a huge glut of crafters to make things, and thus, no real market for them.

Maybe the only exception is consumables, like food and potions, but most people have L100 guildie confectioners and alchemists (or are themselves), so that is not necessarily the case, either.

Some folks make newbie equipment and put it up on the NT consigner, but I don't know if it makes any money compared to PB runs, even with the limited PBs.

About the only things of value seem to be unique, rare, or no longer available items.
    A few folks put up coin on their plots, but not many. Outside of plots, vault upgrades, porting, consigner fees, and some rare confectioner resources, there isn't much in the way of money sinks, so people will probably amass great wealth going forward.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

On Chaos the answer is a resounding no.

Its easy to make enough coin for portal fees. Food isnt that expensive, if it is farm some easy mobs for coin and buy it.

Barter is the way to go.

I suppose funding plots is a good use for coin....but if people realize the coin is useless... they might not be so willing to work for it.

Vault upgrades to level 7 only.

8-10 are cash sinks. which only add bulk not item stack capacity, which to me as a light crafter is useless. Maybe heavy crafters like it.

Why do I say save the money and not spend on a cash sink? Plot reclaims/auctions. Thats it.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

In response to you, Silverblaze, I have vault 9 and it's great for handling construction resources for transit across Istaria.

As for things of value, coin is not the only way to go about with trade. Much of what I've seen is done for either trade in skills or out of good will to others in the community.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Aye thats what I thought. Hopefully as more players come back there will be more need in the game and things will start to become valuable again.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Well, I used to sell spells on Unity, for hours a day. To create newbie things to put on training isles. To put resources like orbs and "basic spells" like gifts on consigners. All of this sold very well.

On Chaos:

- Since I returned, 2 requests for spells and only because it's thundercloud and xGenerate Health and that's it.

- Of all the things I put at symbolical price on consigners for new players, I sold two.

- Of all the scale packs, I sold zero, regardless of tier.

- Of all the orbs, basic mats etc, all I have seen were below than pawn price and very few anyway (I could sell 1000+ per kind a day on the old server).

- Of all the spells of all the tiers that I put on consigners (Bristugo and Kion would be the "references"), I sold exactly zero.

At the same time, I could not find (and buy) any T5 tech, nor IBMs.

Basically, what is wrong in here? Did I miss other consigners or anything?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

On Order, the only consigners I know on the mainland with much stock are the tech ingredients guy in Bristugo, and the Aughundell consigner. Is Chaos the same?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Gold may be very valuable in bidding for lairs come the plot/lair reclamations.

Just a thought.
    Reeg: Cleric/Warior/Mage/KnoC - Gath/Miner/Mason/Fitter/Weaver/Carpenter
    Salwyn: Lunas Dragoness
    Guild: Drulkar's Children
    Blight: Irony the Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by AdMordem View Post
    Gold may be very valuable in bidding for lairs come the plot/lair reclamations.

Just a thought.
    Well, I have uses for gold, including for what you say. But I am not a "log in, pawnbroker grind for 8 hours, log out" guy, I want to have person to person relationship and provide services.
    If I wanted a game where I log in and sell stuff to an NPC, I could play a single player game consisting of me, a mound of diggable stuff and an NPC to sell it to.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

From what I can see, since there is no real way for an item to be destroyed (as in no durability), crafted items don't hold any real value since they can pretty much last forever and you have no need to buy new ones.

Now, I am not saying they need to. Just stating a reason why it could be that way

Anyway, Barter is fun and can be useful at times.
    Xarias Zerniak
    Saris 17 Cleric / 14 Outfitter / 18 Armorer
    Le clan du Dragon Noir / Order Server

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Well, I have uses for gold, including for what you say. But I am not a "log in, pawnbroker grind for 8 hours, log out" guy, I want to have person to person relationship and provide services.
    If I wanted a game where I log in and sell stuff to an NPC, I could play a single player game consisting of me, a mound of diggable stuff and an NPC to sell it to.
    Was that directed at me?

was just saying if you intend on getting a lair on chaos server you will want to make sure you got enough money to outbid others on it.

I personally craft for free or for tips, Istaria is great because its more about ppl helping ppl than getting rich.

Though i usually do a paid building job in between working on guild plots and helping friends to pay for my ports and potions :P

Speaking of which, potions sell well, as do crystals... ive spent a fortune on em :P
    Reeg: Cleric/Warior/Mage/KnoC - Gath/Miner/Mason/Fitter/Weaver/Carpenter
    Salwyn: Lunas Dragoness
    Guild: Drulkar's Children
    Blight: Irony the Dwarf

For the short we've been staying now on order I can say the following things sold for our guild (Augh consi):

hoard items
    food
    techs TIV and TV
    forms jman and expert (not much but I sold some)

Not much crafting from our side done up to now because without a decent plot(s) selling crafting items isn't fun.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

Basically, what is wrong in here? Did I miss other consigners or anything?
    Its a other server Vah Its not Unity anymore.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Even tho I rather like that there's more of a barter system set up in the game by the players, it does make it fairly difficult to make money for newbies/lowbies as there's no economy and thus no real efficent way to make money (short of grinding stuff for the pb). Most of the time if I sell any forms or what haveyou I sell them at rediculously low prices (I.E. 10-50c) because im in need of more space.
    Really the only ways to make money in game are to grind craft stuff and sell to the PBs, do the town marshal and collecter quest, find someone who's paying for work on their plot/lair, hunt coin droping mobs, or become a confectioner- as they seem to be the only craft class that has money making potential.

Thread Information