Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many players on Chaos Experiencing crashes

Default Many players on Chaos Experiencing crashes

lot of ppl gettting game crashes with lots of ppl being booted at same time. Its usually started with the game freezing with no loss of fps for a few seconds several times til poof.

Thank you

Default Re: Many players on Chaos Experiencing crashes

Yup, most of the chat channels were empty when I got back in. While there were 20+ people in some of them...
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Yes, very annoying third time poof within 15 minutes.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Anyone have debug logging on? There should be a reason given in the debug log for the disconnection.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If it helps, it seems to be mainly US and Europe players getting kicked

My self (in Australia) and a friend in Japan are fine... though it ends up just me and him on the chat channs after everyone gets booted.

I dont have debug logging on but im one of the many many ppl who have had problems all day making hunting and even crafting not worth trying, has anyone found a reason for this or a way to fix it? it can't be individual player's pc's as its the majority of the ppl getting booted all at once. I for one am not going to bother for the next hour or 2 it's getting too infuriating.
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

This is the only seemingly relevant piece of info I could find in them.

Code:
    DEBUG TNetLayer::Update Status message: CSTAT_OFFLINE; reason = "Error ID: 106
    The client has been disconnected because of a communications failure. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you are still unable to connect please open a case at https://support.istaria.com under the category "Connectivity"."
    DEBUG TTerrainManager::ImmediateSectorLoad Immediate Sector Loading
    DEBUG TClient::KillWindow Killing client window
    WARNING Error ID: 106
    The client has been disconnected because of a communications failure. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you are still unable to connect please open a case at https://support.istaria.com under the category "Connectivity".STAT dprintf [[05/12/08 16:25:36] ] 33.20 FPS
    WARNING TNetLayer::HandleLinkDeath Link death
    DEBUG TNetLayer::HandleLinkDeath Ending on link death
    DEBUG TClient::~TClient Edit History
    DEBUG TNetLayer::Logout Logging out from the server...
    DEBUG TNetLayer::Logout You are already logged out!
    edit: oh, and time is GMT +2
    Last edited by Fidri; May 12th, 2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: time thingie

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

happened on blight too, until the maint notice came up...
    sorry no logs....
    but i got the 106 transport error at least twice....
    and i wasn't the only one - mights and kolina seemed to be the only ones didn't drop...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Same happens on Order, too, seems all server have thos mass kicking syndrom.....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Communications failure probably means there is some sort of problem on the backbone and that internet traffic is being rerouted. And that this is creating additional latency which can lead to a communications failure.

At least, that would be my guess given the information provided. Since some players are on, others aren't, and you are able to reconnect with regularity, it certainly fits.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

so do we just have to hold out till it gets better? if so ill just leave it until tonight or tomorrow.
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

I suppose you are right, Amon.
    I can always log back in immidately, no further delay. But this has happend about 10 times now, I'm not too sure if traffic has been rerouted, since it should have been fixed then. But there's not much we can do about backbone failures...

Adding some more information...

Traceroute for myself to horizons.istaria.com the highest ping was 73ms. I'm in St Louis.

Traceroute for Velea to horizons.istaria.com the highest ping was 2170ms and she is in Pennsylvania.

So there's definitely something going on. Velea said that her packet loss was primarily Qwest.net sites.

Talking Re: Many players on Chaos Experiencing crashes

Do you think it could be . . . .

*looks about furtively*

. . . . The dreaded Backhoe Syndrome?

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Yeah, if it helps anyone feel any better, I'm crashing out on a quite regular basis, and I'm not connecting to any of the live servers.

It would seem to be one of those "wait it out" sort of problems, in other words.

Some people get disconnected every time, some only sometimes, and some never. As a good example of the latter, I've been on for hours without a single disconnect.

My highest ping is 90ms on llnw.net. There are several qwest.net addresses in my path, but they are only 58-80ms.

Coincidentally, I've been able to minimise the client without getting disconnected for up to and over two hours, which is the most stable it's been for me in forever.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Last time this happened it was a problem with one of the big Limewire routers.

EDIT: Highest ping for me was 185ms. That's higher than normal, but still working.
    Last edited by gopher65; May 12th, 2008 at 06:14 PM.

I'm sure everything is fine. There is nothing to worr +++carrier lost+++

It seems to be ok again now

maybe not... just had another big crash

Thread Information