Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blight Delta 140

Default Re: Blight Delta 140

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    • Dragon Fishing range is now the same as the Fishing Pole range.
    Oh my! now dragons have a high Winnie the Pooh ingredient!
    All they miss is honey harvest ability and some way to put it into jars

you now have someone who can dink around with the pseudoLUA of the Sim

So it uses LUA?

Because I'd like to have an API to titillate around and create a couple of UI mods.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    Oh my! now dragons have a high Winnie the Pooh ingredient!
    All they miss is honey harvest ability and some way to put it into jars
    I'm pretty sure if I put honey in a jar, the biped would not be able to pick it up. No I'm not going to fill up jars with a dragon-size drop of honey for the dryad confectioners. Do you have any idea how long that would take?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

So it uses LUA?

Because I'd like to have an API to titillate around and create a couple of UI mods.
    Nope, it doesn't. And he was referring to the simulation anyway. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Who da done did what?
    What is the pseudoLUA of the Sim?
    He's asking if they now have a Dev that is familiar with the intricacies of the simulation layer of the game, who can add new features instead of "just" adding content. I dunno if they do or not, but that's what he's asking.

Its not that tough to learn actually.... Its just a programming language and once you know a few, its far easier to learn more. So far myself, Rick and Jeff are all pretty familiar with parts of the sim.

But, as other programmers can attest to, its far easier to change existing code than it is to write new code.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I know the dragons fishing range was fixed here, are we still supposed to be reporting schools of fish outside good fishing range?

there's LOADS of bluegill outside Mambow Point, but I can't fish from the pier. and by the time I get to fishing range in the water, my breath timer is halfway down and I have to run back..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    But, as other programmers can attest to, its far easier to change existing code than it is to write new code.
    thats right, it costs far more energy to think up new constructions then to change whats allready there..

but if doing it on a daily basis it also can become a second nature. the trick is to split the whole thing up into small understandable portions one can comprehend. otherwise its imposible to keep going for like 8-10 hrs a day.

Thread Information