Thread: Directional Arrow on Player Map Dot

Default Directional Arrow on Player Map Dot

Probably been mentioned before but i think it would be great to have the players white dot on the map changed to an arrow showing you the way your facing.
    I realise you can tell by the compass, but it would just make things a little more user friendly - im sure we have all ran the wrong way at least a dozen times :P
    Reeg: Cleric/Warior/Mage/KnoC - Gath/Miner/Mason/Fitter/Weaver/Carpenter
    Salwyn: Lunas Dragoness
    Guild: Drulkar's Children
    Blight: Irony the Dwarf

Default Re: Directional Arrow on Player Map Dot

This post receives my enthusiastic agreement in a verbose manner due to the post length minimum.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Having just started a few weeks ago I heartily agree... so disorienting without one. Then you have my poor wife who is... map challenged shall we say?

I for one will welcome our mini-map-arrow-overlords.

I don't have any problem with map reading...I just have trouble remembering which is left and which is right

An arrow would help...either that or the ability to write 'Left' and 'Right' on your boots, hehe

or an arrow on the group window if you click on a fellow group member, to tell you which direction to run?

that would be cool too
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I thought group members already got arrows. You may have to be with-in a certain range.

Group windows already have direction arrows, so if you are able to see your friend, you can use that.

What I think the OP is referring to is their own dot. Have a NESW pointer dot so the player can see which way they are facing.

If you are in a group, it's as easy as using the group arrows in the group list.

Oh Deth, the arrows act just like the "inviso bug" If you are added to a group, and players don't budge, the distance is 0 and the direction never changes. You have to tell people to move around after being added to a group.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

yep ignore me, having a blond moment.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information