Thread: *waves*

Smile *waves*

Hi all... I just got into Istaria last night, and wanted to come introduce myself. I beta'd this game way back when, but didn't play it for very long. I've read alot about how this game has managed to survive through several owners/developers and such, and I wanted to see how it had evolved. I've played EQ and EQ2 for years, but just finally got tired of the drama. I tried WoW, to see what 8 million people found so alluring, and that didn't even last a day. It is just an UGLY game. I can't get into a character I can't stand looking at.

There was a lot I liked in beta in Horizons... the music is still as heart-achingly beautiful as I remember, and I really like the crafting process. I'm still in the "newbie" area -- I think it's called New Trismus? I'm not really even sure if that's still part of the newbie island, or if I'm in the "real" part now. I'm still having trouble deciding on a character, and if I remember correctly that is what caused me to leave in the first place. The elves are just... well, not attractive, and that is what I like playing normally. I rolled a dryad, which is definitely different, but I'm having trouble getting a feel for her. I might just scrap her and be a Gnome. I can't decide. =/

I'm wondering this, though -- does just everyone and their grandmother play a dragon? Will I be the only non-dragon? Because while I know having dragons as a playable race is what sets Horizons apart, it just isn't my thing at all. But I don't want to be the only non-dragon out there. Would make for some pretty boring roleplay.

Anyways, if you see a Dryad named Faelian flitting around looking really lost, that's me! At least for now.

Looking forward to making some new friends!

~Faelian~

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: *waves*

I'm not a dragon.

Welcome to Istaria.

BTW, which server are you on?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Oh, I'm on Order. Sorry, forgot to put that!

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad to know there's another non-dragon around.

there are quite a number of non-dragon players out there, you would be surprised ^_^

and welcome to Istaria and Order

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Smile Re: *waves*

Welcome to Istaria and if you ever need any questions you need only to ask and some of us will beable to help answer them. I'm still learning myself, but I'm glad that old players or even new ones are coming to Istaria. * Cries* Makes me happy

Thank you all for the warm welcome -- I'm really happy to be here. Now if I can just make up my mind on the character race thing, I'll really be happy! I'm so used to playing an elf... I love elves... this is really messing with me. LOL

Have you tried a satyr? They are close to being elf like I would think. Woodsy type and all. Not sure if it is the look your looking for or back ground or what.

Try a Fiend! They are much more sexier than those elves!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

welcome to order! *serves faelian a scrumptious cupful of klava with a towel and a curtsy*

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Try a Fiend! They are much more sexier than those elves!
    *laugh* I couldn't play an evil character if I wanted to. I've tried -- it just isn't in me.

And I just don't think I feel in tune with this dryad I made... it's like playing a Fairytopia Barbie or something. I'm so easily excitable anyway -- I think I'm going to go for a Gnome. Anyone need anything blown up?

And thank you for the klava, Awdz!

Greetings welcome to Order, i'm no scaled bird either, or sorry dragons i think they call themselves.

Fiends are no evil really they are just mad more so at the rest of the world for trying to kill them off. None of the player races are really evil, some are just more stuck up and pissed at the other races more then others. Fiends are really the more uppity elf like race then the Elves here.

Edit: From reading here http://istaria.com/races.php?race=Fiends I think they are more cold then evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Fiends are no evil really they are just mad more so at the rest of the world for trying to kill them off. None of the player races are really evil, some are just more stuck up and pissed at the other races more then others. Fiends are really the more uppity elf like race then the Elves here.

Edit: From reading here http://istaria.com/races.php?race=Fiends I think they are more cold then evil.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the link and the info. I don't think I could do "cold" either.

I decided to go ahead and create a gnome, and I'm already infinitely more happy with her than the dryad. So now look for the lost and hapless gnome named Ellywicket wandering around.

Smile Re: *waves*

* She waves then writes in the snow* Welcome to Order and I hope you injoy your stay here ^_^

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah yeah draggys are great and all, but the race that rulez on blight is saris!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Welcome, Ellywicket!

*Thinks: Oh, goody! Another biped to cook food for us scaled birds...er...dragons!* I never eat gnomes, but have certainly learned to love their cooking! *Winks*

*smiles at Carsia's message in the snow, then does a little curtsey*

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    Welcome, Ellywicket!

*Thinks: Oh, goody! Another biped to cook food for us scaled birds...er...dragons!* I never eat gnomes, but have certainly learned to love their cooking! *Winks*

Ooo, then you are in luck, new winged friend! I love to cook... especially sweets. If you like cookies, I am the Gnome to see! *smiles warmly*
    ~Ellywicket Shinysprocket~
    Realm of Order
    Gnomish Delight, Mage-in-Training, and lover of all things explody

Thread Information