Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Delta 141

Default Re: Blight Delta 141

Nice, now I wonder how much healing the primal health spell does.

I recall Amon saying elsewhere that it's a direct copy of the "health" line, just with the skill changed from Life to Primal, and the various race / class requirements altered appropriately.

Hello, Amon

I don't know if you recall the ancient days (pre-Tulga...) when we'd have IRC chats.

I think it was with you (or the other dev with "A" beginning nickname) that I chatted for a long time about some wrong dragon spells coefficients and NULL values (i.e. instant heal and gold rage) in the database.

Now, I still have my dragon on queue (to be copied on Blight) so I can't check.

Did you make the spell tech-able? The biped version comes with nice techs, including cleanse. Will we get anything similar? Is it fully turned into "primal" version including the healing bonuses deriving from primal (just to make sure to avoid the ancient bugs)? What about the recycle tech?

Another thing, while you are reviewing us.

Dragons, expecially "casters" specialized ones, use several point blank AoE spells and basically have a bunch of mobs hitting on them the whole time.
    It comes as counter-intuitive, then, that spiked scales have such a long cooldown.

Other classes bring "ever lasting" and more powerful damage shields that moreover can be applied on other players while us, the point blank AoE class have to stay half the time without it?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Vahrokh, was either me or Amadan.

I think it was with you (or the other dev with "A" beginning nickname) that I chatted for a long time about some wrong dragon spells coefficients and NULL values (i.e. instant heal and gold rage) in the database.
    Not sure what you mean by coefficients.

id you make the spell tech-able? The biped version comes with nice techs, including cleanse. Will we get anything similar? Is it fully turned into "primal" version including the healing bonuses deriving from primal (just to make sure to avoid the ancient bugs)? What about the recycle tech?
    They are techable. Healing bonuses derived from techs are not tied to a skill.

Dragons, expecially "casters" specialized ones, use several point blank AoE spells and basically have a bunch of mobs hitting on them the whole time.
    It comes as counter-intuitive, then, that spiked scales have such a long cooldown.

Other classes bring "ever lasting" and more powerful damage shields that moreover can be applied on other players while us, the point blank AoE class have to stay half the time without it?
    Lower the recycle of Spiked Scales? Um, no, I don't think so. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    When you say, "other classes" are you refering specifically to Druids and Rangers with Cloak of Thorns?

The Mage Spell for damage shield is self only and has to be in Mage school. The spell only lasts a few hits and I believe has a 15 minute recycle.

The Flame Disciple ability is self only and not masterable. I'm not sure of the damage, length of effect, or recycle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Lower the recycle of Spiked Scales? Um, no, I don't think so. Sorry.
    Understandable. Spiked Scales is pretty powerful. 200ish damage per hit for a Primal/TnC/Power hybrid around levels 65-70.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Urgat is spawning now on an almost instant respawn.
    He should respawn after about 3 minutes. If it is faster than that, please let me know.

I did complete the Valor and Vigilance part but see at least one issue. The blighted key is required to advance the quest but it is a random drop. As a 153 rating ranger, killing him over and over for the drop was no problem (1 shot kill), but it might be a lot tougher for a group of lvl 10-15s. The key should either be a quest generated drop, ie everyone gets one when they loot, or it shouldn't be required to advance the quest.
    It should have been part of the quest, you're right. But I set things up wrong. Fixed now.

After receiving the xp and silver reward I re-greeted Pratt. He then acknowledged the key and said to hold on to it. Re-greeting him again listed the V and V Followup quest, but the link does not function. It may just be a placeholder, though.
    This is because you're a ranger. There are only final rewards for the basic schools. I'll add text, though, that indicates that.

Velea, when you got spare time, could you please give a look to the dragon trainers?

They correctly tell you to come back later when you are "stronger" / grown / whatever if you are an hatchie in the middle of levelling up, but they still tell you the same once you are ancient and have done all the quests. Other NPCs, correctly (the late / post Artifact Entertrainment times ones I believe) tell you that you already know everything and they can't help you.

Finally, is it just me, or dragon ingenuity still got the placeholder "snowflake" icon?

Not trying to be an ***, just telling what I find around after I "rediscover" the game after coming back, feel free to put it below "dead frog" priority.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Are these just the ones on NT, or all dragon trainers everywhere?

All trainers everywhere, in Dralk, Chicho and Tazzon.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

"Until you can snatch the gnome from my claw, you are not ready..."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    He should respawn after about 3 minutes. If it is faster than that, please let me know.
    When I was last on, either thursday or friday of last week, Urgat was instant respawn.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

As of the timestamp on this post, just finished the Valor and Vigilence quest a few minutes ago.

Urgat is definately on instant repawn. I tried counting 3 seconds, but he respawned before even 3 seconds.

Completed the quest as Warrior 100 (was Warrior when I started the quest).
    Both Pratt and Serena offer the Follow Up quest, but neither link works. I thought that Serena might be the one to give the blighted key to, but she doesn't offer any new text other than the non-functioning Follow Up quest.

Switched to Scout level 1 and regreated both. The link still does not function.

Disregard post.....
    Last edited by GalemThawn; May 19th, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

Since the quest is being offered by both Pratt and Serena, does the quest require you to be within range of Pratt AND Serena instead of Pratt OR Serena?

No, it's broken on Blight.

In fact, you can just delete that "Follow up" quest. I figured out a better way to give the final reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    "Until you can snatch the gnome from my claw, you are not ready..."

*snatches Justa up*

Is this what you had in mind?

Because, if all you have is a test of physical prowess, as a Helian I am insulted that you won't permit a thinking dragon's solution.

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    No, it's broken on Blight.

In fact, you can just delete that "Follow up" quest. I figured out a better way to give the final reward.
    Can't really delete it since you can't click the link and obtain the quest. Currently, after speaking with Pratt and getting your reward, the Valor and Vigilence quest is complete with no additional or follow up quests in the Active Quests.

ALSO:
    Forgot to mention this yesterday, but you may need to check the coding for events at Urgat's death. When I killed him, I saw a message about getting his head, but not a Blighted Key. I killed him two more times and obtained a message about finding a blighted key. Upon searching my inventory, I found that I have TWO blighted keys. It may be that we are getting a blighted key when killing Urgat, but no message and no flag that we received it. Then, for some reason, killing him a couple more times (or maybe the time delay) I get a message and a key in my inventory.

Anyway, you should be able to tell more by looking at the code. I'm not really sure when I got the first key, but I do end up with 2 keys in inventory and don't get the message about finding key at the time of his first death.

Edit:
    This 'better way' to give the final reward, will it require us to do the quest again? or can we complete it from present point having killed Urgat, completed quest, and in possession of the blighted key?
    Last edited by GalemThawn; May 20th, 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Thread Information