A lot of requests have been made over the last few years to decorate our houses, guildhalls and plots. Some items for doing this have even been designed - head to New Tris to see some examples of building decoration.

What I would like to suggest is a basic structure for making it happen, which simply uses the technology that already exists but creates a separate planning menu. Basically, all 'plot decorations' including those that already exist with pumpkins, snowmen and graveyards, have their own separate planning menu.

Most things on this menu should be fairly easy to build and use the ingeunity skill and simple resources, like the current decorations. The items are moved around exactly the same way current decorations are. The menu would include things to decorate the inside of our houses - tables, chairs, etc. It might also be worth moving build items like the trees and arches to this menu and create new items like flower planters and different flowers. However, I believe pathways and walls should probably remain on the current building menu.

In the past the issue of lag has been brought up. That too many buildings and decorations in 1 spot will causes problems. What I suggest to combat this is 2 fold.
* That you create an option to 'turn off all plot decorations' so that they are either not loaded, or just don't get rendered by the video engine. People experiencing lag can then turn them off.
* That you limit the number of decorations a plot can hold. (my simple suggestions is the dimentions of the plot added together then halved. 100x100=100 decorations, 100x60=80 decorations 25x25=25). It would mean that some existing plots which are covered in decorations wouldn't be able to exist in such a state, however I believe having a greater variety of decorations would compensate for that by a long way.

I would also make it so that most of the items on the menu can be 'drawn over' others. So that you can simply place the items in houses, guildhalls even in vaults as people wish.

Anyway, I'm not sure if such a system has already been considered, I am not a programer, but this is how I would consider doing it within the current game structure.