Thread: Mhedon unstunnable

Default Mhedon unstunnable

Hi.

I'm not a very strong adventurer and have a bad armor, so my best defensive measure are stuns. Which is why I consequently use them and I must use them to survive with most mobs...

Today I stumbled uppon Mhedon and I thought I could just give him a try... I remembered fighting him back on unity, but maybe I was wrong...

First thing I casted was Rust, which hit (this is my "pulling" spell with extended range and lowering the opponents armor is a good thing anyway). The very next spell was Thunder Cloud (a stun, as you might know) which hit, too. I was happy, that I earned some time to heal the damage Mhedon did with Hurl Chunk... but he kept on moving. I was a bit puzzled, cause there was no message that he is unstunnable... so I casted Shocking Blast right away (instead of healing for which I had no time), which hit also, but Mhedon still wasn't stunned and did his Avalanche of Ore which of course meant my death...

I consider this a bug. Either it is wrong that Mhedon is unstunnable (I would think so, 'cause the other golems I met are stunnable) or it is a bug that there is no message. Anyway something needs to be repared...

There are players out there that are no dragons and no uberpeds. Please give them some love, too, from time to time. (Yes, I know that we are an absolute minority).
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Default Re: Mhedon unstunnable

1) Mhedon was like that back on Unity as well.

2) I have a dragon and Mhedon would kill me as easily, so don't put them together with the "uberpeds", else I may feel fair to put druids on the same level (who can solo farm a whole evil Elnath mobs pull?).

3) ... or you may deal with it and get a set of anti-crush gear, kill Mhedon first, then back to digging, like I had to do.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

actually its not a bug. hes meant to be unstunnable. why its intended i dont know but i think its because hes one of the strongest golems(besides umyarr,fire golem, and travertine). he can be mezzed and rooted however and i do think that 1 strategy is not meant to beable to work on all mobs (nature on evolved bugs:P) but otherwise stun will work on every other named mob (mhedon and sog(sometimes) are excetions)

He is not unstunnable. In fact, he has no resistances of that sort on him. Sounds like maybe the stun failed to stick or he'd already begun Avalanche or something.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

hmmm well even when i try to perfect spell thunder cloud him he still moves and attacks..any ideas??

He is unstunnable and always has been. "Working as intended" apparently. I've tested this myself (and died:P). Maybe the person who set him up didn't know what they were doing and hacked unstunnability into him in a non-standard way that isn't immediately obvious when you look at his stats?

He isn't stunnable with tailwhip either. I can't recall seeing a message or not last time I killed him. I always thought it was because he is an ARoP quest mob that he was not stunnable.

Mhedon - not
    Umyarr - stunnable.
    Surthieum - not sure.
    Reklar - not
    Daknor - not (being changed soon)
    Sog - sometimes is sometimes isn't (message). usually isn't
    Fafnir - stunnable
    Gruk - not
    Valkor - stunnable

Most all others are iirc.

It's ok for me, if he is just unstunnable... I'll remember and use a combination of sprint and root next time he crosses my way... no problem, I'm flexible and Mhedon isn't the only mob I keep a sprint ready for.

It's just that there was no message that he is unstunnable... and the message of Amon, too, shows that something is strange with this mob, so maybe they put that on some list and sooooooooooooooome day in 2020 they'll fix it and if a new nature-boy tries to stun mhedon for the first time, get's the message that he is unstunnable and will run instead

The spell definitively hit and dealt damage... so if the mob was stunnable he should have been stunned successfully, too. Obviously he isn't.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

He is unstunnable and always has been. "Working as intended" apparently. I've tested this myself (and died:P). Maybe the person who set him up didn't know what they were doing and hacked unstunnability into him in a non-standard way that isn't immediately obvious when you look at his stats?

I will take another look at him. But its pretty cut and dry with these sorts of things. This isn't a chunk of code we're talking about here. Its augmentations and abilities, just like players have. He either has it or he doesn't and its easy to see.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Mhedon (for whatever reason) has been unstunnable for a long time.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Had this long post typed up with all of the things I had tried and compared and stuff. And I found the problem with Mhedon. You see, it wasn't that he was immune to stun. Its that he was incapable of receiving any augmentation. So he couldn't get stunned, or delayed, or dot'ed or anything that was an effect (good or bad).

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Its that he was incapable of receiving any augmentation.
    Poor thing. For some reason this sounds very sad...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

hee hee, i bet mhedon just swaggered that he did not 'need' any augmentation ;-)

didnt see that one comming....no augmentation hehe

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    hee hee, i bet mhedon just swaggered that he did not 'need' any augmentation ;-)
    He's just trying to show a brave face, like a lot of bullies

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Bwahahaa.... Now I feel bad for him

And for the record, you don't have to be an UUUberped to solo Mhedon as is, I managed to solo him in about 7 minutes with good tactics, some luck and SpiritD as my only 100, the rest of my support classes at the time were well under 20. I think I had dispirit from cleric at the time, though as we now know, it would not have mattered, since it's an augmentation.

The hard part is timing and prepping for Golem crush/Avalanch when they recycle the second or possibly the third time. I would hit for 45-50 pts of damage a hit, and if he landed a hit it was about 550 damage a hit in my leathers. Excitement all around!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Well sounds like the golem is Terminally Ill (as in when the servers come back on ) i guess i will have to put him out of his Mizzery LOL
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information