Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Default May 2008 Live Content Patch

Please use this thread to discuss the patch. You can read about it here.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Oh I was then a bit too fast I think hehe. Feel free to merge my thread with this here please dear mods :

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...871#post183871

Anyway I repost my post:

Techniques "Adventure: Dismissal", "Adventure: Eminence", "Adventure: Primal Vengeance", and "Adventure: Vital Defiance" will no longer stack with others of the same type. When installed into items, the items will become attune-on-equip. This will not affect items previously made with these techniques, only new items.
    I knew somehow that this would happen... I'm ok with attuning the items on equip but no more triple PV scales? I mean the PV tech is the BHM of the Dragons. You didnt nerv BHM but you nerv PV?

I come back after so long time and you start to nerv things, I feel sorry for the newer players that dont get a triple PV =(

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

No matter in which thread^^: I still agree with Tako

Adventure: Dismissal did that ever make it onto live??
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Talking Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Giant Chickens will no longer drop armor and weapons as loot.
    A pity....

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Hmm... No mention of fix for Jewelry sockets on biped Necklaces. Hope that is fixed soon too.

Knossos

Takora, there are no other techs which stack with themselves. You can't put Armor V on something three times, for example. This isn't so much a nerf as a long overdue correction. The BHM was itself hit with the same kind of correction a few years ago. Once upon a time, players could use several BHM in a row because each of them had its own individual timer. This was seriously unfair to dragons and everyone else without a BHM, so they were set to share a timer.

In balance, dragons are getting an overall upgrade in power. New abilities are being added and some existing abilities have been upgraded. There are more changes coming as well. Some you will like, some you wont, but the end result is going to be stronger dragons who don't need a triple-teched PV scale to be capable in combat.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, I will trust you that dragons wont need in the future a triple PV scale.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

That's one of the problems HZ/Istaria has, the old players that have that old stuff that can't be crafted or obtained any more have got powers that new players never could get. Same goes for the kicker techs, BHM, bracers teched with block and parry and so many more things.

Then delete those items out of the database so no one could get benefits of something that is not ment to be for use any more
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Some you will like, some you wont, but the end result is going to be stronger dragons who don't need a triple-teched PV scale to be capable in combat.
    Well I don’t like the idea of making Primal vengeance Obsolete
    Perks up an Eyebrow what others won’t Dragon kind like?
    To quote you again if I may
    New ability’s what are they can you give us a hint (is it the new spells are you guys going to bring us back our race sprint aka Air sprint for Ancients )

The community is reacting negatively to the pv thing there was a tremendous cry for you to bring it back for a weak we do see it as a Nerf

Its to early to tell though if we will like the dragon over hall. Bringing back air sprint is something I would like very much
    one thing is for sure we don’t like the death point change its to harsh players on chaos have not hunted faf for fear of the 28 hour death point on average on a good fight you pick up from 1to 3 points.

I will say this rereading the patch notes dragons did get a bunch of love so we will see

takes out a score card
    for this patch i would have to say B+ still great but room for improvement
    Last edited by lightning claw; May 20th, 2008 at 07:10 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    one thing is for sure we don’t like the death point change its to harsh players on chaos have not hunted faf for fear of the 28 hour death point on average on a good fight you pick up from 1to 3 points.
    Do what?!?!
    I've hunted him twice in the past week. I got only 1dp in one fight, none in the other. In both fights, there were only 3dps total for all combatants, I believe.

But to stray from Topic just real quick, Yes, Fafnir is still hunted.

Primal Vengeance is a crutch. Get over it.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Meh the PV doesn't bother me, I've never had the scale and never felt the need for it (not that I'd have turned it down if someone gave me one )

I'm curious as to the disk re-speeding, and gonna have to fly out to Nielenoss, see what this new cargo flyer is all about... it intrigues me. Also can't wait to get out there and find these new spells... not that I'd use such silly flashy lights obviously *tries to look Lunusey*

That's about all that really affects me at the moment... now get those hamsters working so I can go check them out :P
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    That's one of the problems HZ/Istaria has, the old players that have that old stuff that can't be crafted or obtained any more have got powers that new players never could get. Same goes for the kicker techs, BHM, bracers teched with block and parry and so many more things.

Then delete those items out of the database so no one could get benefits of something that is not ment to be for use any more
    no way!!! i have stuff can't be gotten anymore - i don't use it, but it has massive sentimental value. if i lost it or it suddenly disappeared, i would be very very upset.
    i am sorry if i have something you don't and can't get, but just making those items disappear is def not the answer either.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Orders up but chaos still down
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The problem with doing that, Terao, is that there is a big difference between "unavailable" and "illegal". Illegal items can be and have been removed from the game without warning or recourse for the owners. What is an illegal item? One that was never intended to be made available on the live servers, but which was introduced via improper means.

Neither the BHM or the triple-PV scales were introduced improperly. The ability to stack the dragon techs was most likely a design oversight that didn't get fixed, but it wasn't an improper action to make the scales themselves. Since nobody did anything wrong in making these items, they get grandfathered in.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    The community is reacting negatively to the pv thing there was a tremendous cry for you to bring it back for a weak we do see it as a Nerf
    Its to early to tell though if we will like the dragon over hall.
    Elder and Wise

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Elder. Wise ye be and Wiser than I far. But oft and oft I see words such as this. That the ' community' finds this to be so or that to be ill... that ' we', a word of many speaking but one less than specific in nature as to who speaks, deem thus, or that or some other thing.

Elder... I speak no word of thine to be False Flame. I speak no word of thine to be True Flame. But to take right to speak for this community? To speak of ' we' without some manner of speaking as to who that we may be?

Were I to speak, then indeed those words would be of little worth, and less than thine far. But they would be mine and mine alone and I would speak them so.

For the Death Mark? I care not. That which is, is. And aye, least of warriors though I be ( I stand but 0.06% to my next season and some 60 million or so past 100 of war. Heh... I think it be 60 million... though the 0.06% hath been so some small time ) I have hunted, and died and died more oft than once. Thus... am I not then of thy ' we'? As to the Scale of Vengeance... were it taken would I cry to the heavens? No. That which is, is. That there be things that once were and pass, or once were and cannot be found.... this is so whether I have it or no, or others... And if I react not in negative manner, does this then mean I am not of thy ' community'?

I mark no word of thine False Flame. I mark no word of thine True Flame. But... Fool I am, and I would seek other manner of speaking were I so to speak. Or at least some manner more clear and sharper edged to its claw...

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Spirit ward added to drop's.

I'm seeing alot these days about 'spirit' do any mobs actually use it as an offensive?
    Think the only ones i've ever noticed are a couple of ghosts,am i missing a group?

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post
    Elder. Wise ye be and Wiser than I far. But oft and oft I see words such as this. That the ' community' finds this to be so or that to be ill... that ' we', a word of many speaking but one less than specific in nature as to who speaks, deem thus, or that or some other thing.

Elder... I speak no word of thine to be False Flame. I speak no word of thine to be True Flame. But to take right to speak for this community? To speak of ' we' without some manner of speaking as to who that we may be?

Were I to speak, then indeed those words would be of little worth, and less than thine far. But they would be mine and mine alone and I would speak them so.

For the Death Mark? I care not. That which is, is. And aye, least of warriors though I be ( I stand but 0.06% to my next season and some 60 million or so past 100 of war. Heh... I think it be 60 million... though the 0.06% hath been so some small time ) I have hunted, and died and died more oft than once. Thus... am I not then of thy ' we'? As to the Scale of Vengeance... were it taken would I cry to the heavens? No. That which is, is. That there be things that once were and pass, or once were and cannot be found.... this is so whether I have it or no, or others... And if I react not in negative manner, does this then mean I am not of thy ' community'?
    If I may be so bold as to translate from the original Sephiranoth....

What he's saying here is "speak for yourself". It's fine to express your own opinions, and I appreciate it when people do so. But unless you have something to back it up, one person does not speak for "the community".

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

know what i love most about you, seph?
    i don't have to spend the time to translate your posts into my meager thought process to know i agree totally with you, but i always ALWAYS want to............

i wish you were on blight - i would make you my eternal champion and jester.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information