Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Default Re: May 2008 Live Content Patch

Not disturbed over the PV change. I recall many such "adjustments" i.e., the triple teched cleanses. Arguably even the linked spell timers could fall under this classification and I think puts casters more in line with melee adventurers.

Re: Fafnir's damage.

It wasn't that extreme that it needed to be lowered

Re: 28 hour DP. Fafnir is still going down. I even saw a Daknor that netted I think, only 2 DPs, which is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    If I may be so bold as to translate from the original Sephiranoth....
    "the community".
    well last time i was on the i talked with a few old friends and this is what they said Faf is Rarely hunted for fear of the 28 hour death point

lesson learned hear
    dont speak with out witnessing it first hand
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I haven't used the Vengeance tech, so I can't say whether this is a bad thing or an indifferent thing. It sounds bad, especially for those who are primarily T&C Dragons, but only time will tell. Hopefully you realise the can of worms you've opened with "stronger dragons who don't need a triple-teched PV scale to be capable in combat"

Having seen certain patterns in other mmorpgs, I would say this: Nerfs (whether actual or imagined) should be balanced with "good" stuff in the same patch. In this update we Dragons have:

- Primal vengeance no longer stacks
    - Drain strike costs hoard and is slower

+ Drain strike hits for more damage
    + Primal health
    + Gift of velocity
    + Extra skill points
    + New cargo disk

Whether this is balanced is up to individuals to decide. With my play style, it looks about right, maybe even a net gain.

My point is this: Please try to keep a similar per-patch balance when introducing the remaining Dragon changes (some we like, some we don't). Master this technique, and you will have bested many other mmorpg development teams.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post
    For the Death Mark? I care not. That which is, is. And aye, least of warriors though I be ( I stand but 0.06% to my next season and some 60 million or so past 100 of war. Heh... I think it be 60 million... though the 0.06% hath been so some small time )
    Heh... old I am and far from my skin. I think that count be 600 million and more on thought... but 0.06% be the proper counting .

Mayhap best to let it stand at poor warrior, and less than that .

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise[/quote]
    Last edited by peladon; May 20th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    I haven't used the Vengeance tech, so I can't say whether this is a bad thing or an indifferent thing. It sounds bad, especially for those who are primarily T&C Dragons, but only time will tell. Hopefully you realise the can of worms you've opened with "stronger dragons who don't need a triple-teched PV scale to be capable in combat"

Having seen certain patterns in other mmorpgs, I would say this: Nerfs (whether actual or imagined) should be balanced with "good" stuff in the same patch. In this update we Dragons have:

- Primal vengeance no longer stacks
    - Drain strike costs hoard and is slower

+ Drain strike hits for more damage
    + Primal health
    + Gift of velocity
    + Extra skill points
    + New cargo disk

Whether this is balanced is up to individuals to decide. With my play style, it looks about right, maybe even a net gain.

My point is this: Please try to keep a similar per-patch balance when introducing the remaining Dragon changes (some we like, some we don't). Master this technique, and you will have bested many other mmorpg development teams.
    I kind of wish that they wouldn't make more skills cost hoard. It's all well and good as an adult dragon, but as a hatchling, it kinda sucks...

Just curious, but what's going on with hatchling glide? I was really hoping it would be live today, but I'm guessing the build was too unstable still.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I kind of wish that they wouldn't make more skills cost hoard. It's all well and good as an adult dragon, but as a hatchling, it kinda sucks...
    I understand that you may hate burning hoard, but I am curious why you feel this way? I have a dragon hatchling and I burn hoard as often as I can in combat. Also, my philosophy towards gaining hoard is that if I can't immediately wear it or use it and it has a hoard value, I eat it.

I'm level 18 or 19 and I think my hoard is close to 25,000 and almost every time I play it goes up over a night of play rather than down.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Think most of the time the Hatchie's dont want to use hoard as their saving like mad for the RoP (250k) requirement.

I save the hoard-burners for those deperate times that I am at about 25% of health and seem to be losing.

That's when the 'big guns' come out and I hope I have my timing right. That is, I hope I whip his tail before he whips mine.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Ah... I see.. My philosophy has been "hey, I've got the power, kill him fast, move on to the next guy".
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well, okay.

I'll admit that's sometimes fun, too.

Embrace the chaos!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

That was part of the client build. It was rolled back off Blight until we can figure out why so many were having crash problems.

Think most of the time the Hatchie's dont want to use hoard as their saving like mad for the RoP (250k) requirement.
    Hehe, yes, my main problem with it is that I'm trying to save for that massive requirement! Enemies haven't been dropping a lot of hoard items for me lately, so my hoard has been going down. If I didn't have such bad hoard issues as a young hatchie, I wouldn't be as cautious as I am now.

For quite a while I was WAY under the suggested hoard amount for my hatchie. =( Mala was very kind and gave Hrough a nice boost just yesterday though, but I'm level 24 and have no where near what I'll need at level 30! (Then again, I don't think I'll be starting my RoP so soon without a lot of help)

I've been learning what drops hoard more now, but when I was a younger hatchling, I didn't know what dropped it, and therefore even almost ran out when I was using things like Gold Rage.

I also hoard (eat! Yay!) almost everything I get that has hoard value, and for a long time I found my hoard was STILL going down after hunting for a few hours. So therefore I found that I just didn't use the hoard-burning skills for a long time. I use them in moderation now, but still not so enthusiastically.

Drain Strike was one I used a lot, but now it's a third button on my hotkeys I'll be wary of pressing. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    That was part of the client build. It was rolled back off Blight until we can figure out why so many were having crash problems.
    I assume that was in response to me. Anyway, yeah, that's what I thought it was. Sounds like it hasn't been figured out yet, but thank you for the prompt reply. Hope it gets sorted out soon. ^^

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Silly hatchlings... The best way to get hoard at lower levels is to get it from bipeds as tribute. After all, that's the whole point of having a guild...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ishalin's quest is bugged, He gives the actual food instead of a recipe
    Also states its a T1 food but the dish is a T6 (101-120)
    Last edited by Sindala; May 20th, 2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add

I like the new cargo disk for dragons. No more need for 'ped disks! Just about to make an Exceptional Lunus Cargo Flyer
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Now, I am not really "hit" by the issue since I have my triple teched scale that will stay, but I feel like answering the same.

The scales were "overpowered"... yes.

But what is what none says? That if you want to grind real difficult reagents like Elnath mobs drops, as dragon you have it WAY harder than with one of the nowadays "just normal" rating 150+ non dragon.

The mobs will be easily multi-pulled, multi-stunned and killed by a non dragon, leveraging on his castable wards and resists. His heals will usually outpace dragons as well and dragons cannot spam gold rage all day long (plus it's not instant cooldown).

Sure, now I'll see the usual "but I play pure warrior since 1815 and it's sooo hard".... but at this point of the game it's just your choice to not have levelled the basic Istarian Gifted classes to allow for crowd control, healing and multiple avenues of damage.

Now, while dragons don't lack of damage, they have mediocre healing AND no defenses against evoluted Aegis. The overpowered scales would offset the obvious shortcomings of the dragon class: lack of strong hitting moves that won't bleed hoard dry fast (spent 300,000 hoard just to grind 40 Elnath drops and I was not even soloing there) and thus the vengeance scale would help. Lack of crowd control was dealt with by the stun tech. Lack of "sustainably cheap" defense would be dealt with by the 0% inc damage tech.

Basically, the overpowered scales were a patchwork answer to a class that was not really completely developed in the AE times.

What the dragons see, is the sure removal of those class crutches without a corresponding and complimentary sure implementation of what those crutches existed for (health is a good start, but it's a piece of a greater puzzle that stays uncompleted).

Just my 2 cents, as dragon who won't be affected by the nerf and can see the issues from both the sides (3 sides, I have a non dragon alt too, with BHM and all).
    Last edited by Vahrokh; May 20th, 2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Silly hatchlings... The best way to get hoard at lower levels is to get it from bipeds as tribute. After all, that's the whole point of having a guild...
    Lol, but Hrough doesn't waaant to accept it from bipeds. He's a grouchy little thing!

Plus, he's in an all-dragon guild. |D;

My next dragon will probably have things much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

I'm level 18 or 19 and I think my hoard is close to 25,000 and almost every time I play it goes up over a night of play rather than down.
    I can't believe that, after all that time, you're hatchy is that low O_O

Thread Information