Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for School Bugs/Issues

Default Re: Request for School Bugs/Issues

Current foraging = 1407

[05/24/08 15:43:35] You used Organic Reaping V Potion.

Here's flax:
    [05/24/08 15:48:36] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:37] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:39] You have gathered 12 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:41] You have gathered 4 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:42] You have gathered 2 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:44] You have gathered 10 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:45] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:47] You have gathered 10 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:48] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:49] You have gathered 12 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:51] You have gathered 6 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:53] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:54] You have gathered 1 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:56] You have gathered 10 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:57] You have gathered 9 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:48:59] You have gathered 9 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:49:00] You have gathered 8 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:49:01] You have gathered 10 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:49:03] You have gathered 3 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:49:04] You have gathered 5 Unspun Flax.
    [05/24/08 15:49:05] The resource you have been harvesting from has been depleted.

Here's Kenaf:
    [05/24/08 15:44:25] You have gathered 4 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:27] You have gathered 8 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:29] You have gathered 10 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:30] You have gathered 9 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:32] You have gathered 13 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:33] You have gathered 7 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:35] You have gathered 9 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:36] You have gathered 7 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:38] You have gathered 9 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:39] You have gathered 9 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:40] You have gathered 11 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:42] You have gathered 7 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:43] You have gathered 7 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:45] You have gathered 1 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:46] You have gathered 4 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:48] You have gathered 8 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:49] You have gathered 6 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:51] You have gathered 7 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:53] You have gathered 6 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:54] You have gathered 12 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:55] You have gathered 8 Unspun Kenaf.
    [05/24/08 15:44:57] You have gathered 10 Unspun Kenaf as a bonus resource!
    [05/24/08 15:44:57] You have gathered 2 Unspun Kenaf.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah creme - i was a level 100 blacksmith and when i started doing ess and fabric, i was only getting 1 per - ess/fab/wood is gatherer - if that gather switch to a metal or stone skewl, s/he will have to start anew.....
    and besides, even as expert in several metal/stone skewls, i still get the occasional 1 piece per, sometimes quite often - it seems to be a completely random thing, like the occasional damage a bronze gol does when he gets a lucky hit on my 5xuber butt....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Its not a bug. Looking at the code gathering uses a gaussian curve just like damage does. So once in a while you're gonna get a really low or really high swing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yes, I'm not saying it's a bug.

But it is an issue. Perhaps the minimum shouldn't be set to 1, once you surpass that tier material.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't see it as an issue at all - in fact, i see it as a subtle bonus of immersion.
    in rl life - even if you are the total master of something, you still misfire at it once or twice. nothing is perfect and life is a series of recoveries......

i think i would notice if i didn't get only 1 piece every once in a while. the fact that i often get more in a hit than i do as a bonus makes up for it, i think - don't ask about mining ore and getting 2 bonuses and 14 pieces off one hit - can you say massively overburdened?

i knew you could!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Its not a bug. Looking at the code gathering uses a gaussian curve just like damage does. So once in a while you're gonna get a really low or really high swing.
    Ah, that makes sense. I always thought the numbers were completely random, not weighted like a bell curve. Interesting to know.

Interesting points on the DPS. my personal theory as to why bow damage was so weak was the huge range in damage that they do, fine yew composite has a 40 pt spread, compared to say a fine mace with a 10 point spread. The low end hits just seem a lot lower, and the variable much larger. Made sense in my brain, anyway...
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Tjl, there is going to be some overlap, yes. But since they are using a Gaussian distribution for damage that means they will tend to favor the average (think of the bell curve).
    I see. well some overlap is good, but I wouldn't call tier 4 going over half way into t5's range "some" overlap. I guess that is my issue. Very few spells tread that far into t5's dmg range.

to put it another way: the maximum hit for tier 4, falls near the average hit for t5. that is a little too homogenized IMO. I think it should be more like: a maximum hit for t4, is closer to a minimum hit in t5. which generally is the case for most spells.

I'm not saying its a bug, but it's an issue. maybe there are reasons for the discrepancies. I do know that the spells damage values were set way before the Gaussian randomizer was added to the game, so that may have something to do with it?
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Tjl, having a tier improve you overall is much better than having a tier go beyond the best of what the previous tier would ever achieve.
    Makes for a smoother scaling, something I missed in other MMOs, where being at i.e. cap level makes you way too much godlike.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Tjl, having a tier improve you overall is much better than having a tier go beyond the best of what the previous tier would ever achieve.
    yes, however I'm not asking it to go 'beyond the best'. I'm just wondering why it scales so minimally from t4 - t5.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. I always thought the numbers were completely random, not weighted like a bell curve. Interesting to know.
    isnt the bell curve itself the result of an infenate number of randoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    isnt the bell curve itself the result of an infenate number of randoms?
    Nope, an infinite number of randoms give give you a straight line on a graph of probability. Each outcome is equally weighted. With a bell curve the middle-of-the-pack outcomes have a greater probability than the ones on either end.

Is the Reaver skill Evisceration of Life* working as intended. It does between 250 and 350 damage on average(in my case), is not effected by Perfect Spell, it can miss, and has a one hour recycle. My question is why? If this is a reaver's ultimate attack why is it so lame?
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

to put it another way: the maximum hit for tier 4, falls near the average hit for t5. that is a little too homogenized IMO. I think it should be more like: a maximum hit for t4, is closer to a minimum hit in t5. which generally is the case for most spells.
    Heh beware, in WoW this sentence would result in T4 to be brutally nerfed to achieve the result you ask for, not T5 upped
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Knight of Creation:

Gift of Istaria is overwritten be "True Grit". It's not a really bad issue, but everytime when grouping with dragons. Why is that a issue? Because for my KnoC Gift of Istaria gives much better boni, at least in my oppinion and I dislike to remove true grit all the time and recast gift of istaria. Of course the best would be to make them both not conflicting... But a conflict seems logical, because both add to the same attribut (I think it was Health? Or was it even health and amor?) but gift of istaria adds to one hand slash, too, which is my primary attack skill and I like to have it as high as possible to avoid misses.

Maybe with all those crystals one can think of giving the summond sword or shield one socket so that the KnoC can participate here? Or maybe think of highering the stats of the summond items a bit to compensate that a bit.

Shaman:
    1. No direct blight damage possible. I'm not asking for a "blight bolt" or similar... but maybe some epic T5 blight spell? Spiritist could be allowed to use that, too...
    2. Not a real issue, but a usefull addition: some "modification" where you can see wether the mob is still debuffed, or not. Just like the stars for a stun or the roots for Root.... something like change the colour of the mob to red for rust or similar... May be easy (so that it's not too much work for the art team)... but a little indication would be very nice.
    3. Dispell, one of the main abilities for shaman, is close to useless these days. Change hardened shell to be dispellable again, or lower the attributes of most of the mobs and give them gifts and enhance that can be dispelled.

All in all the big "boom" for shaman is missing. There is about nothing to prefer shaman in favor of druid, for example. Druid even get's more amor use (9 instead of 8) and a highly effective damage shield... the shaman's only possible defensive measure is stuns, which got "fixed". That renders a 80-90 shaman near to unplayable. => Shaman needs much more defensive powers.. more amor use and/or some ability to help himself.

Of course shaman still is a great "support"-character. But solo it's no fun playing as shaman, because of that lack of defensive powers.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Wizard:

Pulsing Spectrum (self-only Wizard damage shield) is overwritten by Cloak of Thorns (Druid Damage shield). Not a huge thing, but it's annoying to have the Druids or Rangers in your group overwriting your damage shield every 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Is the Reaver skill Evisceration of Life* working as intended. It does between 250 and 350 damage on average(in my case), is not effected by Perfect Spell, it can miss, and has a one hour recycle. My question is why? If this is a reaver's ultimate attack why is it so lame?
    My bad, it has a 2 hour recycle.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Something i have noticed as a dryad when i do fitter work.
    The toons body animation looks like `rubber man`.
    Dosn,t cause issue just looks wrong.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Paladin: Blessing of Life has no noticable effect. Even when I first got the ability. Too small a percentage over to long a time to be of any use as a heal over time. Also, as a warrior against undead I find it highly annoying that many undead are slash resistant....perhaps a way to do life damage to offset the fact that swords are our only weapon....similiar to gaurdian's nature damage ability and unmasterable in place of the failed HoT? Hrmmm lastly a 2 hour timer is a bit much on the healing touch ability.

Battlemage: Skill points are horrid.....sacrifice something for a bit more skill in the others. Perhaps a ring/chain armor for a bit more skills gains? Love magus style, shimmerfield btw.

summoning schools may need tweaked...there are only 2 summonign spells, which arent very good. Yet still training points must be spent to use triple teched ones...bad issue imo.

Shining blades cannot be Multicast, Perfect spelled, at all.. cannot be teched, the damage is also pretty lame. Its redeeming quality is hat it looks nifty...and youcan cast it while moving.

I think it needs a boost and the skill points for summoning needs a bost.

I also think more summoning spells might be in order...2-5 more perhaps? maybe not that many, but 3 spells....is a tad low imo.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information