Thread: Rising to the challenge

Default Rising to the challenge

Late last night, when all of Istaria's healers laid sleeping in their beds, five dragons decided to strike out on their own against the mighty forces of the Withered Ageis. There amongst the death and decay of the EasternDeadlands, the mighty Son of Gigaroth was spotted from above by a fellow Ancient. Upon hearing of his location, Trizan, Kyirra, Zanukk, Vylacious, and myself, Xanthia, rushed out to due battle with the fearsome monster. With no healer to aid us at our side, I was unsure of whether we five alone could tackle such a beast. As the rest formed a tight group and prepared themselves, I alone left to scout out the enemy.

When I had found him I lured him back to where my party waited patiently, ready for the harsh battle to come. With Drulkar's power on our side, we unleashed all of our fury and rage against the creature. The smell of burnt flesh and blood polluted air, but we knew there would be no escaping from this battle. What was just mere minutes felt more like an eternity. Still we battle on, healing and protecting each other as much as we could with whatever primal magic was at our disposal. We would not let our comrades fall.....we could not afford to lose any to the inconvenience of death. Many times did I thought the end was near, many times had I thought this was a mistake. Then it had finally happen.

The monster staggered in place for a moment, with the thirst for our blood still in his eyes. And with his last bit of strength , he bellowed a horrible roar before finally crashing to the cold ground. With shock and disbelief, we roared and cheered. Never before had the familiar taste of victory ever been so sweet for me. To reward us for our great effort, Vylacious relinquished Son of Gigaroth from his deadly Demonbane Spike. But the greatest reward I think was that on that day, we proved to all of Istaria of our strength not only as hunters, but as dragons.

We be not reliant on the Naka-Duskael, for we are Dragons!

O.K., enough of that, enjoy the screenshots everyone. ;P And thanks again for those who participated, it was a great group and a lot of fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: Rising to the challenge

Way to go guys! Wish I'd been online to see it
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Smile Re: Rising to the challenge

Wow, that is a great accomplishment! Congratulations indeed!

Shargrailar

Grats everyone! Fantastic job!

nicely done indeed

X, great job on the post. Excellent narrative. Look forward to hunting with you again. Always a pleasure.
    ------------------------
    Ancient Dragon on Chaos
    100/100/100
    "Death from Above!"

Great job!

Well done, maybe next time it drops a Demon Claw
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Congrats and Wonderfully done!
    It's awesome to see someone chronicling the achievements of the Gifted.
    Keep pressing forward and challenging yourself and other Gifted.

Again, Congradulations to all five of you!
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

it was fun indeed. i want to try with 4 i wonder if we can actually pull it off.

it prob can be done as trizan was only lvl 80 at that engagement. 3 adults and 2 acients is a nice feat to be proud of. i still want to see how far can we go more so when i finally become acient 3 days to go

Remember that SoG seems to switch between different ability/resistance/ward sets every time he spawns (I really hope that this isn't a bug, cause it is way cool if it is on purpose). Depending on which configuration you catch him in he is either the easiest boss mob or the hardest. When he is at his easiest he can be soloed (it takes a while). When he's at his hardest you need a group full of Ancients and Healers. Just saying, be careful in the future! Don't be complacent around SoG. He's a tricky fellow.

Grats on the kill.

Hehe a bit late to respond, but that was one of the best fights ever ;p Can't believe we did it! Especially cosidering Zan, Triz, and myself were still adults at the time :P

Congrats to you !

What was your tactic to defeat it ?

Normal, we just stacked and hoped for the best ^^

I believe we had 0 deaths as well. We were spamming primal health like crazy!

Last time I went to him he squished me XD did you use Shield of Gold ?

xD

Yeah we did, but of course it didn't last too long :P I'll upload a few screens of the fight.

EDIT: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...-Dragon%20SoG/

A long link, but there you go.
    Last edited by Kiamarra; June 10th, 2008 at 11:42 PM.

Thread Information