Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guild Communities Proposal Discussion

Default Re: Guild Communities Proposal Discussion

really it is. What would you rather see 5 different active players owning a guild plot or 1 guy with 5 account but only plays one toon with a guild plot? Guild plots are for communities of people not communities of 1.

What Deth said.

Five really is a small number, folks. If you don't have 5 actual people in your guild, what's the point of holding a guild community? Four (or fewer) people can easily get together and purchase in the same community outside one of the guild communties.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    i dont like to see a difference between subscriptions and accounts. that seems not fair
    Is it fair that one person with 5 subs can control 5 guild communities ?

Good point have you thought of limiting Guild communities to 1 per account? I personally see no reason why 1 account should have more then one, if your guild is that big then other members in the guild should own the other guild key plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Scenario 3: Guild Vilad (community name) was owned by someone in Ehcadaeh but no one from Ehcdaeh still plays Istaria. So every plot in the community is reclaimed. Guild Looney is not eligible to move to this community because they only have 3 members, but Guild Mouse's Rule is thanks to the "stooges". So they see that Vilad is up for sale when Virtrium posts a list, and emails the appropriate amazing person at Virtrium and says "We'd like to move to Vilad," putting themselves in the bidding for this community. Since no other guild wanted Vilad, Mouse's Rule wins it. Everyone from Mouse's Rule moves over to Vilad using a procedure we have not yet said anything about , and they all live happily ever after.

Hello,

This is a scenario I don't completely understand and was one of the points I requested clarification in earlier. Using your example my understanding is that Mouse's Rule would not be eligible to even try for "Vilad" this because they already own a master guild plot in "Disney"

Take care,
    Tsargoth

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Good point have you thought of limiting Guild communities to 1 per account? I personally see no reason why 1 account should have more then one, if your guild is that big then other members in the guild should own the other guild key plots.
    My fiancee and I share an account with multiple subs. She plays a biped and I play a dragon. She is a ranking member of one guild that has excellent support for bipeds While I am guild master of another. If this rule were to be added then one of us would not be able to own a guild plot even though we currently have more then enough subs to do so.

Take care,
    Tsargoth

What Deth said.

Five really is a small number, folks. If you don't have 5 actual people in your guild, what's the point of holding a guild community? Four (or fewer) people can easily get together and purchase in the same community outside one of the guild communties.
    Because some guild communities only have 4 plots :P Amon comes to mind.

Guild plots also have the benefit the sub plots being cheap to purchase.

Take care,
    Tsargoth

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sar-Goth View Post
    My fiancee and I share an account with multiple subs. She plays a biped and I play a dragon. She is a ranking member of one guild that has excellent support for bipeds While I am guild master of another. If this rule were to be added then one of us would not be able to own a guild plot even though we currently have more then enough subs to do so.

Take care,
    Tsargoth
    I meant Guild Key plots not general plots. But that is a good counter point that I did not think of.

Hello,

This is a scenario I don't completely understand and was one of the points I requested clarification in earlier. Using your example my understanding is that Mouse's Rule would not be eligible to even try for "Vilad" this because they already own a master guild plot in "Disney"

Take care,
    Tsargoth
    I think the key word in that is move. Sounds like that may not have been made clear in the first post that when you apply you can request a move. So Mouse's Rule would be moved from Disney to Vilad. How the move would work but thats the way it read to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    really it is. What would you rather see 5 different active players owning a guild plot or 1 guy with 5 account but only plays one toon with a guild plot? Guild plots are for communities of people not communities of 1.
    And that same guy that owns the 5 subs could have just as easily created 5 different accounts. He still could create a new account and transfer over his existing plots to the new accounts. If, as you say, he only has 1 toon what does it matter if they are on one account or another. If someone has the RL money to pay for 5 accounts they will still find a way to do it if they want to . All this will do is limit the other players who don't.

Take care,
    Tsargoth

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    Is it fair that one person with 5 subs can control 5 guild communities ?
    whats more fair?

1 guy having 5 accounts
    1 guy having 1 account and 5 subs running on it?

and btw 1 account with 5 subs could be a family/good friends/RL Group...

Take care,
    Tsargoth
    I'm assuming you're talking about a hypothetical person with the same circumstances as yourself.

If someone with a hypothetical circumstance such as you and your fiancee have does come up, and they email customer support with this circumstance, it is in Virtrium's best interest as a company to work with that person to solve their particular problem? I would say that the number of people who are multiple players sharing a single account but are leaders of different guilds that are going to want to move their guilds into two new communities after reclaim is probably quite low and we can handle them on a case by case basis.

So while I've heard your concern for such a hypothetical situation, I don't think we need to make new rules, or change proposed ones, to account for such special circumstances.

Ok, we're getting a bit off topic again with this whole discussion of someone with multiple accounts versus multiple subscriptions.

I think we all understand that the rule is put in place to try our best to ensure that Guild Communities go to those guilds with actual multiple people in them. Obviously there are ways of working around that, and if it appears to us that some one individual has set up five accounts for the sole purpose of monopolizing a guild town, again, we can handle that on a case by case basis.

The same applies for the opposite situation where if two or more people share an account and the guild is SO close to having just 5 members that every one of those people counts, again, we can deal with that on a case by case basis.

Let's not blow this out of proportion and try to make such a complex set of rules to cover every single potential scenario that no one can understand what's going on.

Ok, we're getting a bit off topic again with this whole discussion of someone with multiple accounts versus multiple subscriptions.

I think we all understand that the rule is put in place to try our best to ensure that Guild Communities go to those guilds with actual multiple people in them. Obviously there are ways of working around that, and if it appears to us that some one individual has set up five accounts for the sole purpose of monopolizing a guild town, again, we can handle that on a case by case basis.

The same applies for the opposite situation where if two or more people share an account and the guild is SO close to having just 5 members that every one of those people counts, again, we can deal with that on a case by case basis.

Let's not blow this out of proportion and try to make such a complex set of rules to cover every single potential scenario that no one can understand what's going on.
    its good to hear this is looked into with so much care for individual situations, and that the rules are not hard and unbreakable handled by mindless automatons. because that could result in very unfair situations like vlisson pointed out.

what will happen with guilds currently owning 2 guild master plots (both owned by a diffrent accout)

i assume the answer to that is they get to keep them since only inactive players will be reclaimed and this only concerns the ''drawing''/''bidding'' for them

however i for example still have a low level alt in an allready dead guild with no guildmasters who i could let hold a guild master plot untill after the bidding and after that let it give back the guild master plot.

not that i own a guild master plot, and not that i would abuse this;
    but i think somthing more should be done to ensure every guild get his portion of available guild community. just putting limmits on the bidding and not limmiting anything otherwise seems very unfair to me and can even very easily be worked around...

so i have to say i find this proposal a bad idea for this reason (my privat opinion on this matter that i hope will not offend anyone )

I don't really have much to add to the discussion because of the situation I'm in, with a guild that only has three subs with all its members. We're out of the running for a guild plot (and found a nice little community area regardless. ).

I do think it's good that the folks in charge are willing to talk with players in special situations though. Good for you!
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; May 30th, 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Off topic portions removed

What you have planned looks fairly fair. I'm sure your going to make at least a few people unhappy, but as long as its fair that should work itself out.

Have you given any consideration to checking the number of plots in the communities compared to the active subscriptions in the guild? If a guild has 2 times the active subscriptions to the number of plots in the community they are able to bid on another guild plot?

Having 5 as the min for the number of current subscriptions is pretty fair.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; May 30th, 2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Removed portion that was off topic

Any chance that this will be held off until login with Vista becomes possible?

Alger.

What would happen to people owning 2 master plots on the same account ?

Can you define guild master please?
    Is this a allocated rank or the main player that owns the guild.
    For example 1 per guild or can be many as added by a guild leader.

Are guild area,s likly tobe redesigned to improve space available per plot?

Any idea on numbers of guild area,s being released to the comunity of guild leaders?
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Guildleader is the rank at the top level of the guild structure. You can have as many guild leaders per guild as you want.

The question about guild areas to improve space per plot is the gist of this discussion. The original question is whether fewer plots in a guild community, each of a larger size, is more desirable than the current setup with more plots of a more moderate size.

The last question I don't have any answer for. Sorry.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Guildleader is the rank at the top level of the guild structure. You can have as many guild leaders per guild as you want.

The question about guild areas to improve space per plot is the gist of this discussion. The original question is whether fewer plots in a guild community, each of a larger size, is more desirable than the current setup with more plots of a more moderate size.

The last question I don't have any answer for. Sorry.
    Well, I think you're confusing with that thread. Amarië clearly said that guild plot size is not the topic of this one.

Totally off topic. That's a whole different kettle of fish.

Please keep this thread to discussing the Guild Community Proposal Discussion for how Guild Communities will be reclaimed.

Thread Information