Thread: Jammies vs. Cargo gear

Default Jammies vs. Cargo gear

I am looking to replace my "pre merge" cotton cargo gear that I have had for years as I have never had anything above cotton crafted.

Some people do crafting without cargo gear and use teched cloth armor, based on the fact they don't get stripped from you when you change crafting classes, and is based from your armor use stats.

Some questions:

What is the armor use for cloth armor and can crafting techniques be applied to them?

How much capacity for a full set of "silk" cargo gear will I lose?

Should I just keep using cargo gear?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Jammies vs. Cargo gear

Hi Justa,

I'm not one for tweaking the peak of skills, preferring to use a more generic gear approach. I chose not to use cloth armor, but rather to keep either my crafting or my adventuring class high (i.e., not drop both at the same time).

When I change to a lower level crafting class, I'll typically just wear my hunting armor and rely on the bulk of my cargo disk to make the gathering worthwhile. This actually works pretty well, especially when working higher tier materials in dangerous areas (e.g., gathering mithril for construction work as jeweler). For the capacity you will lose, just look at the + capacity on your cargo gear.

When I switched to a lower level adventure class (mage), I finally made Armor V & Stat V teched ironsilks to wear for both crafting & adventuring. It's nice to be able to carry more bulk when looting ;-) and I like the generic gear that I don't have to switch out of when changing activities.

Good luck figuring out what works best for you. Sorry I did not have an answer for your specific questions.

What is the armor use for cloth armor and can crafting techniques be applied to them?
    Yes the same tech's apply to cotton cargo as to armor.

Your looking at 45-76 Armor per lvl 910 padded ironsilk armor piece depending on the piece itself. A total of 728 Armor without techs across all pieces.

Cotton cargo has 56 Armor across the 8 pieces, without techs.
    Padded Ironsilk has 433 Armor across the 8 pieces, without techs.

How much capacity for a full set of "silk" cargo gear will I lose?
    Cotton Cargo adds 830 carry
    Silk Cargo adds 995 carry

Should I just keep using cargo gear?
    Anytime where you don't have to worry about being attacked by stuff that can kill you, definately. Why wouldn't you use the extra carry?
    If the stats aren't important to you, you can always wear ADV jewelery/shoulders, gloves and cloak.

Please note: I might have done some of the maths wrong here I was pulling pieces up and then plugging numbers into a calc. If someone wants to double check it all - go for it. Unfortunately some of my gear is tech'd for armor so it wasn't as simple as putting it on and pulling it off.
    Last edited by Adwene; June 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 PM.

Justa, have you considered playing around with Horizons Crafting Calculator?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Hah... I got tired of figuring out what I could wear when and with what class, so I just got a set of combat teched IronSilk Cargo jammies and off I went!

Of course, you should note that I was used to armour not making any real difference to my survivability anyway, the extra storage capacity is significant. And I can and did often opportunistically gather while out in the field. This will probably be more important as you come across rare ingredients.

Group Member: Wow, they hit you hard, what kind of armour are you wearing?
    Me: Uhh... Fur. I didn't feel like going back to my vault to change. It's no big deal, I do it all the time.
    Group Member: O.o

I guess wearing metal armour might actually affect the damage you take a lot hehe... Being SpiritD, it never made much of a difference to me. Leather/Cloth/Cargo/nekkid Just get me out there

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

You will need armor use 810 for ironsilk and 910 for padded ironsilk if you want to wear T5 craft-tech'd adventure gear

I have 920 armor use, isn't armor based on level also? I forget.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information