Thread: My possible impending sleep.

Exclamation My possible impending sleep.

I know a few of you have heard me talking about this already. I will go and put it out there bluntly. I am very well considering leaving Istaria. There are things that still bind me here, but now they are few and far between.

Devs, you are doing an excellent job, but one of the reasons is due to boredom, I feel there is very little for me to do now.

The main reason why I am contemplating leaving though is to the fact that I feel I do not know anyone here anymore. The majority of those who are on order I do not know at all. And many of the unity players that have joined order I have troubles understanding at many points in time. No offence to any of you, that was going to be a given. There are very few still around that i actually know well.

I've been through many many different community cycles in horizons, but never once did i feel out of touch with them. Now I am getting it. And because of that I think it is just about my time I went to sleep.

If there is anyone that wishes or needs to get in contact with me I am normally easily reached
    E-mail: [email protected]
    AIM: Nospatience
    MSN: [email protected]
    DeviantArt: http://gegis.deviantart.com/

Please note I am still debating this. I don't want to leave, but at the same time I feel as if i have to.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Default Re: My possible impending sleep.

It happens. There's really nothing you can do about that feeling except take a break and see if the game comes back to you.

well gegis, I totally understand.

I called it HZ- blues when I felt it.

I sometimes had it on Unity, even when there was a big population, but old friends were gone (due to merge,when WoW came aso).
    I felt it again when Unity was dieing- our guild was empty, so were the chat channels but lots of new players (who played for no coin).

And again, when I came to Chaos-only 2 or 3 players I knew- Though there was a shard full of
    prospective mates and friends (and it took not that long to find them )

I did not feel so when I came to order-Thanks to Lady Sonea, Sephiranoth, Zex and so many others-again thanks for greeting me welcome.

But back to the topic: I know how bad that feels, believe me.
    Is there something left to do against?
    It`s a very personal decision.
    I kept on playing, tried to get in contact with people-
    and feel very at home on both shards, integrated in 2 great communities.

Concerning order: I feel sad about the fact that the biggest part of the Unity players do not join the market channel.
    I was aware of the language prob- but still underestimated it.
    I found out, that a group of old mates (from another contry)is back, cause I met them in Bris
    And on weekend, we were 15 in the German chat channel, but only max. 5 of us in market...

Well gegis, my chatting might not have been helpful, just wanne let you know I understand (ok- could have said this in 1 sentence^^)

All the best to you- whatever your decision will be

I understand. That was one big reason I have left previous games.

How does that old ditty go... "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold"

In terms a dragon would understand of course. We like the gold. Gold is comfortable, it's a known commodity. Silver is new, the unknown...but no less worth cultivating. It's hard but might just be worth it.

I know I'm a quiet one in the forums normally no matter which form I currently possess, but I haven't really taken the time to get to know anyone (plus a year long hiatus due to baby) and the one person I did know left...and I'm rambling too. lol

It really is up to you, obviously, but at least you know you are not alone in feeling this way and that might be enough...although it might not. Good luck on your decision wherever it may take you.

You all could play Guild Wars with me! =p

Hehe, nah. I don't think Guildwars is where i'll be going. For the most part i've been playing around in Vanguard.

I am glad I know that i am not the only one, but then again that makes things so much worse knowing that.

I am sorry but I would take the old ones over the new ones any day. No offence to everyone but they are what kept me here. I personally gave up playing for the game a long time ago. I've played for the community.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i hope you find that wonder and joy again geg.
    but like all folks - if a game, any game, is no longer enjoyable and has become more of a routine then something to be enjoyed, then it is time to go........
    dissatisfaction, whatever the reason, is not fun.......

whatever you do that makes you happy is okay by me. i hope it is horizons, but if not, go in peace to that which does!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

Unhappy Re: My possible impending sleep.

Well i hope you stick around, and i hope you still rember me, as i defintely rember you, just as i wish the cowdragon would come back!

But i too have had my "blue" times with the game, even as an altaholic. I just hope you will work your way thru it. I have allways enjoyed your home brewed "events", even if i never won them heh.

Kumu I play GW regularly, I will find you, even if I have to moo in every district! :P
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

Always sad news to hear an elder pondering long sleep, but i know all too well of what you speak. Istaria has long been as much a chat room loaded with friends for me than a game for some time.

But so often there seems to be less and less people on i know.

Where ever you end up if you do leave enjoy yourself, and if Eq befallen server is it look me up, halfling called frumster.

I missed your tell the other day, and reading this now, I wish I hadn't missed it! Believe it or not, you are one of the few folks I talk to on a regular basis (Literally, since you and Tsargoth got me into Ventrilo) and I would hate to see you go. One of these days, I want to see Dranslin ascend...

Ultimately, you most certainly have to do what you have to do, but remember that if you should just take a break for a bit, many of us will be here waiting.

Shargrailar

Oh yes, I remember you Tama and your assault upon any with fresh fish. Who could forget that. *grins* I am very glad my events are remembered, even if they weren't all too sucessful.

I don't think EQ Befallen is where i'll end up but if i do I will definately try and reach you, of not, well I'll just use the cross game messaging system.

Shar, you will be waiting to see that for a VERY long time. I don't know if Dranslin will ever be ascending to ancient. Should you want to still talk if I am not awake in horizons I almost am always on my messengers. I'd be very happy and willing to still speak on a daily basis should you want to as well.

Oy! Don't leave before I repay those two Exquisite Orbs plus interest, k?

*grumbles* **** cat.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I'd miss you, if you left, but maybe you should just take a break and see how you feel afterwards?
    I've often found that i'll occasionally loose interest in something, only to come back to it later and find it 'as good as new'. c:

Deia would miss Dranslin something chronic (not that you could tell XD )

Thread Information