Thread: Just couldnt resist (Spoiler)

Default Just couldnt resist (Spoiler)

... being the first poster on this board.

Spoiler :

As a mid level player when the trophy system was introduced I have found that adventure powerlevelling is painfully easy for the first time you do it.

Bottom feed for low level trophies and then switch to a new adventure class and use them for levelling.

I levelled cleric from lvl 2-11 rapidly (and extremely boringly) with only true adventuring for lvl 9-10 because I needed a sanity break !

oh . btw - I did this to get the ability to cast Improved Revitalise I as a magewithout wasting my TPs[6]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Default Re: Just couldnt resist (Spoiler)

That is to be expected.

As I understand it, after so many bag 5 quests, the XP reward reduces. Granted there are 5 trophies (5 monsters) per 5 level span. I hope it is true for the coin side (after all, how many sets of trophy items does a Trophy Hunter need?).

But as another posted at VN, the character fought and earned those trophies, just opted to use them on another school. I just hope thatcharacter doesn't farm the creatures when others need them for their current class.

The problem really lies when those trophies are traded to another character, (from A to B, same player or different players). However, that is countered by the classic, "I am not affecting your gameplay." Well, it does if character B is in your group and doesn't know how to fight effectively (or contribute as a skilled character would during a quest, say to "Become a True Helian/Lunus.")
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Kita

On low/mid lvl this might be very true. On higher lvls.. say 75+ it wont be that fast anymore. My main char became lvl 100 WAR a month ago, worked on it since 31 DEC 2003(with 2 months pause). And look now , I've multiclassed to cleric and hit lvl 94 yesterday. 50 first levels are really fast on multiclassing anyway(if you have a high lvl as first class). Since 60-70 I've been power lvling on trophies but even now i need 70-100 trophies to gain a lvl which is pretty much work.

I think the trophy system works as it should... [Y]

Actually i've found the upper levels more convenient. At 100 CHSW I switched to 24 Cleric. Now my rating is about 60 so I'm fighting things (solo)in the 60-70 range. By the time my Cleric lvl actually hits 60+ I'm going to have a ton of trophies to turn in.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Lockwood

the only downfall of the trophy hunters is that with some diligent connie searching, you can absolutely buy levels. it's a straight cash transaction.

of course....it ain't THAT bad of a thing so don't go thinking I'm up in arms...just my 2c

Thread Information