Thread: Dragon crystal making

Default Dragon crystal making

I know this has been brought up before in the past but me and my friends in game were talking about this again and would like to bring this subject back to light again.

We think since bipeds get to make food we dragons should be able to make something unique that both us dragons and bipeds can enjoy, I'm talking about crystals. I would really like to see this implemented in the game. my thoughts on how to make a new crystals would be some azulate and some crystals from the previous tier, so say you want to make a lvl 100 crystals it would take t5 azulate and a few lvl 80 crystals.

Tosses his two cents in the wishing well.

Default Re: Dragon crystal making

I would suggest that X cystalline lattices + Y energized azulyte (1 focuesed az 1 ess orb?) for a blank crystal. then Z number of blank crystals + technique yields one teched crystal.

the only difference between a crafted crystal and a looted crystal should be that the crafted crystal is non-consumable (otherwise they would simply be mass-crafted and eaten to grind adventure levels)

I still think the crystals should be usable for their temp buffs, but I also agree that one should not gain xp off of these crystals

Here are some thought Xyndro and I had a while ago
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18407

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Here are some thought Xyndro and I had a while ago
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18407

i've read it, but there are a few major points i have to disagree with:

A: requires resources only bipeds can craft
    no school should be dependent on another player for basic progression/utility. Encouraging cooperation is one thing, making the game unplayable without it is a whole 'nother beast.

B: Slots are random when you make a scale/armour piece, it isn't a random piece, you craft it for where you want it, and add onto it specific effects. otherwise crafting a set of armour would be a bloody nightmare. crafting items should not be random, if i went out to make myself a brick and wound up with a basketball instead i would be somewhat worried.

aside from those points, it's a very well-thought out plan, but those points also fairly well kill it with their inclusion.

Excellent idea. Perhaps even add in forms for "new" crystals that have same effects as existing ones for buffing but without the xp and act simply as potions or time-limited spells (Raise/Enhance skills) and let them be crafted to gain xp in a new CrystalShaping dragon school since the skill is already in? Say 10-12 crystal forms per teir (250ish) like an Armorer?

I believe this would work if we were able to choose a "type" of crystal. The unbalancing happens when you have the ability to choose everything about a crystal you want to make. You might as well make it techable and paste (powerleveling opportunity) on it.

I think having a generic form for each skill level (journeyman, expert, etc) for each TYPE of crystal would be best. The results of the crystal would be somewhat random, but based on the type of crystal. I.E. A form for armor crystals that needed an imbued bar could create a certain range of effects, where the same form, but made with a blighted core might produce another effect.

In this way, nobody "corners" the market for a certain resource (especially at t6) for the obvious crystal boosts that everyone wants.

Thread Information