Thread: Grinding out Gatherer

Default Grinding out Gatherer

I, being a level 100 in each of the building schools...Enchanter, Fitter, Mason, Weaver, and Carpenter...have to say that Gatherer has to be the most boring grind I have ever done...lol.

What I currently do is go gather Yew from Harro....and occasionally go get some tainted shining wisps to make me some Thornwood boards by using transmutation. I currently am at around 15000 thornwood boards.

I am curious if anyone else out there that has leveled their Gatherer has any other ideas that might not be as boring and such...any insight into this would be a bonus Thank you in advance
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Default Re: Grinding out Gatherer

Fish.

(Can't post just one word, so posting stuff)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Good call, Confectioner's are allways after fish and especially the seafood bonuses, they sell fast on the connies.
    Last edited by Sindala; June 8th, 2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: quote didn't work and looked silly :)

Ooh...did not think of fishing.

I am sure I just go gather fish with the trusty pole. do you need to get like oil recipe or something to get credit for fishing...or fresh fish with knife....lol.

I never did fishing, so totally clueless
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Fish them up with a Fishing Pole then get yourself a Cooking Knife and cut them into Fillets at a Cooking table.

The Confectioner trainer will sell you the forms you need for coins.
    Last edited by Sindala; June 8th, 2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: add

Get the forms for prepared fish and prepared seafood, then you can process the bonus resources too...since cleaned urchins are needed for one of the confectioner quests you'll be very popular
    Last edited by Charys Stormchild; June 9th, 2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Nuts, I'll even buy the fillets from any on Order. I may not pay as high as I would for the raw thing (as I like to level my gatherer also), but I will pay better than a T6 PB.

Shargrailar/Manshoon

wait... theirs an actual way for gatherers to now get xp from fishing... and ive been fishin all these years without getting xp, just cuz I liked fishing.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You don't actually get xp for the fishing part of it, just for preparing the fish after you catch them

I've never done the fishing bit - I did mushrooms for ages, then someone put me on making Tannin from tree bark. Fill disk with bark, lug it back to a well (needs water) and process. Very good xp, since they nerfed mushies a year ago I don't know how close fish are to crafting stations, but I can generally find trees close to player-made structures which helps with crafting skill.

Thread Information