Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisp Island and Disco Lights

Default Wisp Island and Disco Lights

Wisp Island and Disco Lights
    I was on Wisp island (blight) gathering salt , and I noticed that were the wisp poo is there is a darker colored area , that looks like a dance floor with a bunch if disco light type reflections on the ground.

Default Re: Wisp Island and Disco Lights

Yep, we haven't figured out how this is happening yet since none of the related files or data changed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Does it have anything to do with the LOD and the closer you get, the animation changes to a different animation based on how close you get?

I notice the closer you get to the wisp poo the land gets darker and darker (transparency setting?) until it is black at the center.

Yes, it is weird, but I kinda like the disco floor
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

happens to me for dims everywhere - wisp island, pars, only the dim poo and not wisps......
    yet another reason i hate essence......the headache...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

We are dating our selfs talking about disco, i put on the sound track to Saturday Night Fever and harvest wisp poo and rock salt.,

Don't know if this is related or not, but this problem seemed to show up when the enraged wisps were put on wisp isle.

But like Velveeta said, the problem is everywhere there is dim residue on the ground, not just wisp isle.
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

It IS all the Dim Residue, and nothing else. I've found it helpful when harvesting dims.. run all over till find black square, Dim is in center.

Screenshots:

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/.../Pix/SS_01.png

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/.../Pix/SS_02.png

Cool when they overlap... client is on LSD.

Wes
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

its hell when you are harvesting pales on wisp isle tho - they like to hang and its hard to see the actual nodes til you learn what you are looking for - the node sparklies mix with the disco floor.....
    yet another reason i wish we had a target nearest node key...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hoping this helps Amon:

I was noticing when objects were loading while I waited to move my character, that the same "square area" exists for everything

Nodes of metal, stone, trees, etc.

One would wonder if this has anything to do with "area shadows / shading" for objects that require a draped shadow (such as a tree) around the base of the object.

Justa thought.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Fridlekh has tracked this one down and it appears we have it fixed on genesis. Which means it should patch to blight with the next update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

yay fridlekh! seems like this was a tricky one... though please remember how to create it, it could be a fun event add on thing in future years - maybe even on different spawned things ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    yay fridlekh! seems like this was a tricky one... though please remember how to create it, it could be a fun event add on thing in future years - maybe even on different spawned things ;-)
    Indeed. This is very good news to squash a reletavely long lasting bug.

woo yay, only good thing about it was that I could easily ignore checking the dim nodes when on the island if i was after pale or glowing, but I'll happily check them all if I don't have to stare at dancefloors!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I would call it a bug with the way that shaders are processed. The glowy effect was supposed to map to the resource node object, but it was acting like a projector (like those spinning blight rings you see sometimes, or the rez circle) ... we don't use projectors enough ... anyway, there's a property to specifically say that an effect is a projector, and other properties that projectors use.

The problem with the wisps was that one of the properties that projectors use was applied to them. Somewhere in the client code it assumed that it must be a projector if it has projector properties, even if it doesn't explicitly say it's a projector. gah.

So in layman's terms, the object does not project a shadow and thus since the properties were set to project a shadow, the only thing it could project was a black square with the sparklie animation?

We, of Mystic Blood Guild, have figured out the problem:

The wisps have all been abducted by a massive army of John Travolta clones. Of course, the army left their calling cards all over...

(still humming "Do The Hustle" from the last time I went out to Wisp Isle...) Anyway, sure hope the problem gets fixed soon (or fixes itself)...

oooh... *winces and wonders if it was her fault* wasn't one of the files I fiddles with for color changes was it?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

oh this is ridiculous. It's either my browser or this forum.. I went to edit my post as I noticed I'd typed "fiddles" not "fiddled" and although I could edit the post, the button to save just didn't DO anything. It's worked before. So.. either an "upgrade" to Firefox or something on the forum ahs changed.. gah.. computers...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Post Re: Wisp Island and Disco Lights

I believe this was almost certainly a database issue. What doesn't make sense though is the assertion that the same properties were on all the wisps, but only the dims were affected. >_<

The dims where evil, eeeeeeeviiiiiiiil I tell you!!!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information