Thread: Two Questions -

Default Two Questions -

First off, I got a quest from the spiritist trainer to kill Gritus Maximus, however as soon as I recieve the quest, it shows as "Disabled" in my journal. What does this mean, exactly?

Secondly, I see that some abilities are masterales, others are not, and others are instantly mastered.. When exactly does mastery happen? Is it once you are twice the level of when the ability was gained, or how does it work?

Thanks.

Default Re: Two Questions -

May as well toss in another question.. What's the difference between Slash/Pierce/Crush Resistance and Slash/Pierce/Crush Ward? Ward seems to be in lesser numbers, and thus I get the impression it may be more potent, but that's an assumption.

Quests get disabled some times when you do not have the associated class active, or are too low in level. But in your case, this would not be the case, since it disables instantly after you receive it. I'd send a support ticket about it, sounds like a bug.

Indeed, mastering an ability is done when you have reached twice the level of when the ability was gained. When you have done this, you can use the ability from this school even when you have another school active. Instantly mastered abilities don't need this, they are, well, instantly mastered

As for resistances and wards: resistances add to your armor and wards add to your evasion, but only for the specific damage type. Armor reduces damage received, while your ability to evade attacks is based on evasion.

I hope this answers your questions
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

It most certainly does! Mastery is twice the level got it, instant is, obviously, right away.. Spiritist quest is probably bugged, ward is avoidance and resistance is armor vs that type. Got it, thankya

Upon logging in to get some info to report the quest, I noticed something.. As of level 10, it is no longer disabled! Strangely, the quest will be given and offered prior to 10, but until that point, it shows up as disabled.. A little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Losian View Post
    Strangely, the quest will be given and offered prior to 10, but until that point, it shows up as disabled.. A little confusing.
    It's like when Frodo got the quest to destroy the One Ring; he was too low level to do it right then, so the quest was disabled until Gandalf & Aragorn let him leech XP off of them for a while.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Don't forget Boromir! And its all Merry and Pippin's fault that he died. I mean, come on, what were they thinking aggro'ing that many orcs?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah, L2play u hairy-footed n00bz....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Losian,

http://reclamation.dk/horizons/multiclassing/

Yep, Huge list - but it shows you all possible abilities, which school learns it when and which ones are masterable.

best,
    Arcat

Thread Information