Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why "disabled" quests?

Default why "disabled" quests?

i get those quests, but hadnt level up.

in some hours later, it went disabled and not able to move forward or advance to next steps.
    so i move on to other stuffs to do or crafting for xp and hoarding growth, and saw it became "active" within few hours, and then again disabled.

some think it was out-leveled, or some think it not ready for my level range.
    but cycles of disable and active keep going back and forth, so was it related to certain phrase of the day/night?

i just got back playing HZ/Istaria nearly a week ago, and lot of deep learning curve.

Default Re: why "disabled" quests?

More information is needed to determine what the problem is. What quest is it that became disabled and were you changing schools? A lot more is needed to help.

I also did seen that, when I did my Lvl 10 Druid class quest, it suddenly became disabled - didn´t change the schools. It also happen to some other quests wich I do not remember any more. I fixed it this way : abort quest and take it again...

My vault quest did this also. I had not changed schools and still did not have the money for upgrade, but it disabled and enabled itself at random.

i didnt change any schools, i just see randomly change to disabled -active cycles.

what effect the changes are Barradin/Mirra (Parsinia-Kion), even Gerix/Marcus's scale wings quests.

This has happened to me and confectioner school as well. I had the low level confectioner quest to create Anima's rare dessert, and when I switched to 84th level healer, the quest disabled itself. However, when I switched to 100th level ranger, the quest came back to live.

Had nothing to do with what crafting school, as I was at 70ish level Confectioner and double checked to make sure I was in that school.

The only thing I could think of was I got the quest when I was a ranger and when I switched to healer, the quest disabled itself.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Did you put the garnish into your vault when you switched classes? The rare food quests require that you carry at least one of the unprocessed garnish with you throughout the quest.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Nope, it was with me, I did a test, went, signed up for healer, "quest disabled" went to the ranger trainer, signed up, "quest enabled" and I had the garnish with me.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

just delete both quest and get fresh quest, but dont take both on same time on your journal with Mirrana/Barradin.
    it finally works for me and now got both completed.

I obtained the vault quest and then got sidetracked and did something else for a bit - during the meantime I dinged the next level and when I went to finish off the vault quest, it was disabled.

I didn't change schools, but I dinged - maybe this causes a problem?
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

try delete and get it restart, it does that few times if doing other tasks, it just plain wierd why it get disabled.

i also noticed Barradin and Mirrina tokens vanished when completed after i delete both quests, just do 1 quest a time, i know multi-quest would save time, but not frustrations of disable if having related quests or connections with other npcs with same tasks or shared.

look in your inventories, just in case if it is the culprit of making quests disabled too. like Vereed the Malachite golem, Core heart token or other similar items with no where to go but trash.

The Quest disabled bug has reared itself once more (I submitted a ticket)

I logged in and spent an hour gathering the items I needed to make 10 sslanian fudge, and 10 pretzels for a quest. After doing so, I notice I didn't get a game response saying I need to turn them in.

I check my quest log, all of my Confectioner quests are disabled! (at the time I was 84th level healer, 96th level confectioner).

Per this thread I did the same thing, I switched to Ranger class and all my quests came "live" and I completed the pretzels and fudge, and continued with this quest line. I had to speak with a gnome Kardoss and when I got to her, poof, my game decided to dump me to the desktop.

So I log back in, go up to the NPC and she acts as if the quest isn't running, so I check my quest log, sure enough... all of them are disabled again. So I run to a healer trainer, switch back to healer... nothing... switch back to Ranger... nothing...

Maybe I should switch in / out of confectioner school... haven't tried that yet.

I was able to switch out of Confectioner and back in, re-enabling my quest, but the rest of my confectioner quests are still disabled

I have a disabled Vault quest too.

When I got the quest, I had the money, but was not willing to spend it, as it would take me down to nearly nothing. So I just kept the quest on me, and shortly thereafter while doing other quests, I was checking the quest log, and sure enough, the Vault quest disabled itself for some odd reason. I do not remember changing any schools (was drag/dlsh the entire time) though over the course of lairshaping I did ding a few craft levels, but surely that wouldn't disable the vault quest, which has nothing to do with level?

Anyways, it is a moot point since it is not likely I'll get enough money anytime soon to finish that upgrade, but still... would like to see the bug fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I have a disabled Vault quest too.

When I got the quest, I had the money, but was not willing to spend it, as it would take me down to nearly nothing. So I just kept the quest on me, and shortly thereafter while doing other quests, I was checking the quest log, and sure enough, the Vault quest disabled itself for some odd reason. I do not remember changing any schools (was drag/dlsh the entire time) though over the course of lairshaping I did ding a few craft levels, but surely that wouldn't disable the vault quest, which has nothing to do with level?

Anyways, it is a moot point since it is not likely I'll get enough money anytime soon to finish that upgrade, but still... would like to see the bug fixed.
    The vault quest is something of a mystery. I've noticed this too where it enables and disables itself at random regardless of if you have enough money/do not, change schools or not, gain levels.... I have yet to see any pattern to it.

I had a LSH quest disable on me halfway though. Those stupid T5 lattices that you need to do twice. Was not fun one bit as I already had to re-do it once.

i think i know why it get disabled often.
    i think it depends on phrases of game time, it get disabled during night hours.
    i am not sure, it might throw some off track regardless what school you take or switchings.

it would help dev team if you noticed what game time frames you are in, check if it is daylight or nightfall.

only if you got vault quest disabled, make a note and send to bug fixing team, so they can see some "common" errors and get it fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylonus View Post
    i think i know why it get disabled often.
    i think it depends on phrases of game time, it get disabled during night hours.
    i am not sure, it might throw some off track regardless what school you take or switchings.

it would help dev team if you noticed what game time frames you are in, check if it is daylight or nightfall.
    I really would like to know when the quest turns from enable to disable. Since I am an European player and still want to do my vault quest, so for one I hope the quest is not linked to a US day or evening time.
    Anyway it would be nice to know what the "working" time of Elsa Balton is.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The quest will become disabled if your active schools are lower level than the requirements of the quest. I don't know what you are talking about regarding the time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The quest will become disabled if your active schools are lower level than the requirements of the quest. I don't know what you are talking about regarding the time.
    I am sorry to say that this is not entirely true.
    My main is a lvl 100/100/56 dragon who as you can see currently has:
    1. plenty of cash to complete the quest.
    2. both schools at 100
    and about 12-15 hours ago it was enabled, but I didnt have enough cash at the time.
    Dont have a screenshot from that moment I am afraid.

And aparently it seems to be an old problem.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...quest+disabled
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

It is based off in-game time. So if it is a day time quest the sun should be up, I would guess. I am not sure how long the in-game day/nights are. But I know they are faster then a real day/night.

Thread Information