Thread: Crazy idea but it would be nice...

Default Crazy idea but it would be nice...

Crazy idea but it would be nice if the devs would allow dragons to show off their scales. If they're able to do that with masks for Halloween then they should be able to do it with all scales. What do you guys/gals think of that?

Default Re: Crazy idea but it would be nice...

Maybe this event was merely a test to see if they could, yet all dragons nearly wear the same scales. Bronze and Sandstone scales are both orange in color. Maybe have the scales in those areas seem thicker or thinner to match the type, but I don't think I'd like logging in to see a wing and my chest orange in color while the rest of me is white with blue tiger stripes.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

I dont want the scales to show up, I like the way my dragon looks verymuch without them :P
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Odd, isn't it?

Why not have crafted scales the same color at their icons? All that AE would need to do is ensure the crafted scales reasonably cover the dragon - head (ala helm), chest (front), forelegs (mostly frong), hindlegs (mostly side), wings (mostly at base and side), back (back), tail (top of most of tail). Like they did in Dinotopia.

Then, like they did for the biped armorallow us todye the crafted scales. We makedyes (uncut gems and water afaik and dragons drink water, add in Dragon ingenuity).

But for now, why not have the 4 Satyr head scales show different? Melody, Dance, Feast, ??

Then give an option for "Dragon scales Shown or Invisible".

But, you know the reason why it is not . . . AE's convoluted scale system - Chest, Wing 1, Head, Wing 2, Foreleg 1, Hindleg 1, Foreleg 2, Hindleg 2, Back, Tail. It is all asymetrical. And yes, I consider this an issue.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

What i would like to see is dragon armor to be shown and jewalry

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    I dont want the scales to show up, I like the way my dragon looks verymuch without them [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    I agree. I don't want visible scales. I like how I look as is.

If AE does add visible scales, they should have a separate model that hangs from the dragon like in the early concept art - not be just a texture change like with the halloween scales. No matter what, there should be the option of having invisible scales.

Personally, I think the dragons look fine as is without visible scales.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

imported_Silowyi

I say quite simply, allow us to dye them in addition to having their base color. I know that with item tricking you can choose different shafts/heads for axes and such, why not make the dragon scales so that you can trick them visible/invisible... and optionally allow them to have dye techs.

gotta agree with the option for visible/invisible scales. would be really cool... and hopefully the claw's.. (up coming or not) should be visible.. something cool looking :P

Thread Information