Thread: Responses

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Responses

My suggestion is that someone from the Horizons team could actually post some/more responses to the ideas on this forum, whether positive or negative, it would be nice to know we're not talking to ourselves......there are some good ideas coming forward.

Flame away.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Default Re: Responses

I'm actually starting to feel, after only my second day, that I'm just spamming. Do you think the interface might be putting people off even finding things to post about or comment on? It always seems to want to open up at some section or other. Wouldn't all closed by default be a better way to browse topics?

/agree

It's like going to the pub to meetyour mates and you say 'Hi', and nobody replies.. In the same respect, I feel the same neglect when putting my suggestions/ideas(or replying to somebody elses)forward on this forum.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Spookie

Please everyone, if you like OR hate an idea, and can construct even a rudimentary sentence, try to make a constructive comment. I read this thread and then registered because of it. I DO want some of these ideas incorperated, and the only possible chance is by demonstrating to AE that we DO care...agressively : )

welcome to the club, Blistki.

I guess to some extent each thread gets viewed.

When you create a new thread, it has to be approved of. So, somebody has to at least read the first post. I'm not sure on who does this, or if anybody even does it (forum bot..?).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

My threads no longer say they have to be approved like they did before, that stopped happening a while ago, not sure why/how the ssytem works.

Maybe Dangit can answer that question.

:o I think it would be wonderful if there was someone on the AE staff who's job it was to interface with us and reply to our feedback. But yiou do know they filed for bankruptcy right? Its going to be a time of little to no feedback, and alot of coding, testing, and publishing.

I can only assume they are trying to get the game to such a stable and open point that they can make a change, test it, and impliment it in a small amount of time (like a month or three).

I suggest that if you want them to ever look at an idea with inclination to talk about it at work, at least make it clear, consise, easy to read and understand, and logical. Then make sure its something that shouldnt be to hard to add by including how it could be added.

I am sure talking trash or negative about anything in the same subject as an idea will get less inclusivness due to downplaying the major effort going on their end.

All speculatory and my own opinion. But I have been in many MMORPG's and have tried to help in many ways, and see this often... The devs would only reply really once in a blue moon, and really considered or added things that made sense, were small and easy to do, and whos idea was nicely laid out. This is of course a business, and ideas brought to the table should be as businesslike as possible I could imagine.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I have seen many many many suggestions that meet your criteria of being well layed out/positive etc. and yet no DEV response's.

If it is how you assume, and the reason they are not viewing/responding to the threads is because of the whole bankruptcy thing and they dont haev the time/staff for it, then they could atleast tell us that.

I dont care on the type of response aslong as we hear from them, even if it was someone telling us that they do not have the time/resources to view these threads or reply to these threads at this point in time, atleast it would make us aware of whats going on and not wonder why we are hearing nothing.

It amy sound like im b*tching and whining but i truely am not, i would just merely like to here a comment/statement from AE about the threads here in this forum and as to why they are not replying.

If it is because they dont want to get yelled out so be it, if its because they dont have the time so be it, i just want to hear thier honest opinion.

When i hear people saying "oh well inthe(MMORPG) forums DEV's never/hardly everreplied" or something along those lines it makes me think, why compare yourself to someone elses failure? why compare yourself to the worst?

They should see where others are failing and try to excell in that area, this is what will bring players to the game, they have a great game, everyone loves feedback, People like to hear whats going on despite how much they mayhate it. Information is key, when people have it they feel better about things in general.

I am not trying to sound lieka jerk here, im not trying to dissrespect the workers of AE, i think they have a great thing going for them, i am merely pointing out ways to improve, and tehre is ALWAYS room for improvement.

I can't speak for the whole team, but I personally read at least most of the things posted here. I really like the "Active Topics" feature this board has, I pretty much rely on it.

It's difficult for us to respond to these threads. For one, it takes a lot more time to formulate a response than to just read them. Also, while some suggestions are better than others (from my viewpoint), even the good ones would probably get a "we can't fit that into the schedule anytime soon" response. But reading your suggestions does give us great feedback as to the desires people have, and helps influence our direction. Also, there's always a chance that someone's idea seems so beneficial to the game that we would reconsider our current priorities.

In short, keep making suggestions. We do read them, and they do get factored into our decisions. Unfortunately, we can't usually respond to them.

Thanks Smeglor, thats exactly what i was looking for, very much appriciated= )

YAYYYY!!! Thanks Smeglor!

Any chance of a "Read by Dev" stamp on 'suggestion forum' ? This would have to be an anonymous flag, so the Dev wouldn't get hounded by an over-enthusiastic, fixated, "slashed-pet-rabbit-in-the-casseole-pot nine1/2 weeks" type poster though. Just a "well at least they've seen it" marker.

Thanks again.

Thread Information