Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game controls

Default Re: Game controls

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    heh it actually confuses me more having the same controls in each game... I don't even have to think about it now, get in Horizons and I automatically use the right controls for that, swap to WoW and without even thinking I use the right controls.
    It's like riding a bike. You never really forget the controls to any game you play, if you play it for a bit of time. Doesn't even have to be that long.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    found another one this afternoon.

/invite please! /gi is just wierd... Can we have both? Seems silly there is no command for 'invite'
    well you can set up an alias for that. /gi = /groupinvite, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Sorry, but turning the camare instead of the character is absolutely unecessary in horizons.
    It is not unnecessary simply because you have no use for it.
    In WoW you got to keep line of sight, so there is a need for fast acess to camera control. In HZ it matters on no occasion (ecept screenshots, maybe) where your char is facing...
    No, Horizons doesn't need line of sight, but I can think of a few reasons why it is still useful to have screen-drag. Making sure people are following you still by turning the camera quickly to see behind you and then back, looking behind you quickly for mobs that are chasing you, screenshots and the biggest reason, not using numberpad and sticking with the mouse etc. It's a lot more quick to drag the screen around your character, then take half a day to do it with numberpad which is pretty slow. I used numberpad often to look at tons of things around me while I'm flying in certain directions and along paths I don't want to deviate from, such as when I am following someone.
    so the best to turn the cam is just to turn the character and there is absolutely no need to add additional (complicated) shortcuts for that in HZ.
    You can do exactly the same thing with both features, except one is more quick than waiting for the camera to turn to the right place with numberpad. Why would a feature that does the exact same thing but more quickly be any less useful than the feature that already exists?
    Maybe people should get used to different controls for different games...
    We all are used to it. We're just suggesting normalizing the controls for the sense of familiarity. The more comfortable someone is to the controls, the easier it is to jump in and play the game. If they've played on the newer generation games, then they'd be comfortable. If they don't play games at all, then they need to learn controls anyway.

Bringing people to the game and making their stay as familiar as possible is what my intentions for these suggestions were. Saying features are useless because you're the only one that wouldn't use them, is silly.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thread Information