Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live June Updates

Default Live June Updates

Additions
    A Cauldron Workshop is now available as a plot structure for all three tiers.
    The Communities of Papa and Old Oaks have acquired wells.
    Old Oaks has acquired a sandpile.
    A destination pad has been added to the Imperial Outpost. Frig Tallowgar will offer to attune qualified characters.
    Armor Dye Kits are now known as "Armor and Scale Dye Kits" and can be applied to Dragon Scales.
    Raine, a Miner Trainer, has been added to Parsinia. Raine has tasks for Miners under level 20.
    Dragon Tool Claws added to game. They can be socketed and have craft techs applied to them, but they do NOT function as tools or cap skills. Dragons must still use dragon crafting abilities as they always have. Equipping them is based on current skill in mining or quarrying. Beginner and Journeyman forms will be added to craft trainers, Expert will be added to the loot tables.

Changes
    Shining Blades formula is now attuned on receipt.
    Dark Cyclone formula is now attuned on receipt.
    Created a better description for Silver Strike, assigned a special attack animation and particle effect.
    Lowered the hoard cost on the Drain Strike abilities
    Created a better description for Dragon's Reach, and assigned a special attack animation and particle effect.
    Created a better description for Spiked Scales.
    Spiked Scales augmentation will now display a particle effect when it "fires".
    Assigned a particle effect to Dragon's Gift.
    Bite augmentation now qualifies as a bleed.
    Bite ability now has an associated particle effect.
    Created a better description for Refreshing Breeze and assigned a particle effect.
    Created a better description for Ravage and assigned a special attack animation and particle effect.
    Updated name, description, keyword and hoard value of Ice Bone Splinters
    Breath of Ice quest reworked and added to Semeneth's quest bucket. The quest now has sub-quests for tracking progress better and is available to all Dragons, regardless of faction choice.
    Lowered the recycle timer on Breath of Ice and Breath of Lightning from 600 to 60 seconds.
    Breath of Ice and Breath of Lightning now have hoard costs.
    Ice Breath augmentation now properly increases the delay for melee and ranged attacks. It will also increase damage done by flame to the target while it is active.
    Updated name, description, keyword and hoard value of Energy Bone Splinters.
    Breath of Lightning quest reworked and added to Valkoth's quest bucket. The quest now has sub-quests for tracking progress better and is available to all Dragons, regardless of faction choice.
    Added a description to the Shield of Gold augmentation, added a particle effect to the ability.
    Updated name, description, keyword and hoard value of Flame Bone Splinters.
    Breath of Fire quest reworked and added to Kelakhan's quest bucket. The quest now has sub-quests for tracking progress better, but now requires that you complete either the Breath of Ice or Breath of Lightning quest first.
    Craft Trainers on New Trismus no longer give T2 to T5 tasks. Tasks for new players may be introduced at a later time using the quest bucket system.
    Sammy's Special Pants quest now uses the quest bucket system.
    Sandstone Golems will now wander far less often and should revert to their "sleep" state (a big resource node) when not moving. NOTE: This is a preliminary step and if it works it will be applied to other golems.
    Ingenuity Ability can now be used to gather water.
    Bottlecap Collections are now stackable
    Craft Trainers, Vaultkeepers and Stewards are now gone from New Vassarak, New Brommel and New Koraelia.
    Cassath, the Gatherer Trainer, has been moved to Parsinia. Cassath now has tasks for Gatherers under level 20. Krianti the Kion Gatherer trainer has been moved to the Forbidden Zone.
    Crystal lines that are now stackable:
    o Ardent o Beaming o Bright o Dark o Freezing o Flawless o Exceptional o Greater o Icy o Lesser o Misty o Sizzling o Standard o Sugent

Scout's Spirit Weapon Crystal is now attuned
    Spell formulas, Gift of Velocity and Primal Health, can now be scribed by bipeds as well as Dragons.
    Altered the recycle time on all food dishes from 1200 to 600 seconds, removed the post-delay and adjusted the pre-delay.
    The following Guild Communities have had an initial round of resizing completed. (Note that some may be re-visited after plot reclaim makes more land available.) Guild Aki, Ambato, Amon, Apia, Arua, Back Bay, Calm Waters, Cameron, Carmo, Clearport, Eli, Gerard, Grandli, Harmony, Haven, Imago, Immons, Jambi, Kable, Manta, Mabada, Miyuki, Moyo, Mundi, Nana, Nong, North Balzar, North Saritova, Cire, Motoro, Tagan
    The following Communities have had an initial round of resizing completed.
    Sable Shore, Central Valley, Istaria's Union

The guild community of Kabale has acquired a destination pad and outgoing portal
    The guild community of Eli has acquired a constructible gazebo
    The guild community of Motoro has acquired a destination pad
    A lumberyard has been constructed outside of the new boundaries of Sable Shore
    The lair formerly in Sable Shores is now in a community known as Bayn Hill

Fixes
    Updated Mani the Dire Wolf's name from "Dire Wolf Alpha".
    Weaver Trainers now carry the Beginner Fabric Construction Bolt formula.
    Once and for all (I hope) fixed the Valor and Vigilance quest. Reward is now given within the quest itself. Separated quest to be one for dragons, one for bipeds.
    Urgat the Wicked: Now shouldn't instantly respawn; had treasure adjusted to remove chance for key drop (as it is now in the quest itself).
    Trials of the Gifted quest has been made more "user friendly"; specifically added better directions in the Swiftness and Knowledge Trials, and gave better indication of where the assistant to assessor of Wit is.
    Gaedin's Warrior quest is no longer repeatable
    Weaker Saris Skeletons near the Ruined Homestead Camp are much less aggressive and no longer social
    Brown Wolves on New Trismus are less social and have a much shorter aggro radius.
    Lowered the maximum number of brown wolves that can spawn on New Trismus.
    Lowered the respawn time of Red Tusks.
    Lowered the maximum spawn quantity of Reanimated Warriors on New Trismus and lowered the respawn rate.
    Lowered the aggro radius on Reanimated skeletons.
    Fixed up the quest "Blacksmith: Longing for Longbows!".
    Dragon breath sub-quests no longer have "dragon_quest" keywords assigned. This will let them be properly given to players on the main quests.
    Confectioner rare food formulae now require the appropriate skill level in cooking in order to be scribed.
    Elenna, Gatherer Trainer on NT, now has her tasks again. Krianti in Kion and Cassath in Sslanis also now offer tasks for Gatherers under level 20.
    Gaeta the Miner Trainer on NT, now has tasks again for Miners under level 20.
    Reffis the Jeweler Trainer on NT now has tasks in her quest book for Jewelers under level 20. Baesta the Jeweler Trainer in Kion also has tasks in her quest book for Jewelers under level 20.
    Gift of Velocity I can now be scribed by Dragons
    Trophy Hunters in Kion and Sslanis will now give Trophy quests via the bucket system to adventurers levels 5 to 20.
    Forest Crawlers (all levels) now drop the correct trophies for their level. Tasks have been adjusted accordingly as well.
    Jungle Crawlers (all levels) now drop the correct trophies for their level. Jungle Crawler Workers no longer drop trophies.
    The Wishgiver Task: Kill 10 Wolves will now allow you to kill the Greymane Wolves on Lesser Aradoth in order to complete this task.
    Master Blighted Cut Gem formula now requires 1000 gemworking
    Fangs of Fury should properly reduce delay by 5% now.
    Quest "T6 Rare Foods: Campsite Stew" now properly gives the formula instead of the food as the quest reward.
    The original Exquisite Ring has been restored. Players who had it when it became Annis' Ring should again have the Exquisite Ring.
    Quest "Jolan's Quest: Devotion" will now give out a new ring called Annis' Ring.
    Blighted Item Recharge Kits will now drop as loot.
    Removed the effective skill from Flaming Weapon tech
    Modified Trials of the Gifted quest to provide directions to each of the Assessors in the quest journal.
    Mani the Dire Wolf should no longer respawn instantaneously nor three at a time.

Default Re: Live June Updates

Okay just a note, the wisps have not reappeared on wisp island.

Also the 3 updated communites and the changes to the guildcommunites while they might have gone live, the new plots are not purchasable. Also the information on the community window still includes the old plots and isn't upto date. (Sable shore shows the 2/3 plots as condemned).

The plots are purposely unable to be purchased at this time. When actual reclaims and auctions start, then plots will be able to be purchased.

I will look in to the window issue, though. That should have updated automatically.

For those wondering, the Cauldron shop == Pottery wheel in size and resources.

I deconned my Expert pottery wheel and replaced it with a Cauldron so all that's needed are 4 yew / marble constructs and 2 mithril constructs (carpentry / masonry / fitting) to finish it
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

one of the "fluff" changes for some of the dragon skills confuse me...

For example, the previous particle effect of tiny blue sparkles appearing and fusing in to the player is gone. In it's place is just a healing noise and what appears to be "drunken stupor" bubbles.
    Last edited by Shian; July 1st, 2008 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adwene View Post
    Armor Dye Kits are now known as "Armor and Scale Dye Kits" and can be applied to Dragon Scales.
    Dragons can't make their own kits, though, can they? They can only scribe the techs?

Lowered the recycle timer on Breath of Ice and Breath of Lightning from 600 to 60 seconds.
    Neat.

Sandstone Golems will now wander far less often and should revert to their "sleep" state (a big resource node) when not moving. NOTE: This is a preliminary step and if it works it will be applied to other golems.
    Is this no longer preliminary? Wind Golems collapse too, starting today. I haven't seen any other golems, yet. But you only mention Sandstone in the updates...

Lowered the hoard cost on the Drain Strike abilities
    Yay!

Breath of Ice and Breath of Lightning now have hoard costs.
    Rats.

Spell formulas, Gift of Velocity and Primal Health, can now be scribed by bipeds as well as Dragons.
    Isn't it nice to have devs who listen?
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Is this no longer preliminary? Wind Golems collapse too, starting today. I haven't seen any other golems, yet. But you only mention Sandstone in the updates...
    I think it's no longer preliminary. On Blight, all golems that I've seen have done this for a while now, not just Sandstone.
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

Quote Originally Posted by Barrak View Post
    I think it's no longer preliminary. On Blight, all golems that I've seen have done this for a while now, not just Sandstone.
    As far as I can tell, all golems are doing this on Chaos.... they look dead but have full health.

Making the Shining Blades formula bind on acquire doesn't make any sense. It requires the player who acquires it to be a Tier 4 spellcrafter to be able to make the spell, when in truth he may have no spellcrafting experience whatsoever.

My level 100 warrior is currently at level 53 in his KNoC training and after nearly two years finally acquired the final bottle cap for his collection. The plan, upon reaching the required level for the spell, *was* to give the spell formula to my other character, a level 96 spellcrafter. The warrior/knoc would then go out and acquire the required components for the spell. This change foils those plans, of course. The warrior/knoc is a 91 miner with a few other craft classes at lower levels -- none of them spellcrafting. I will not be leveling him to 76 spellcrafter just for one spell.

Did the devs consider this kind of problem when changing this?

I know, I know. There are people around who have the spell memorized and can create it for him. But that's not a solution for the long term as people who have the spell in their formula book leave the game.

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. I know there are going to be workarounds, but you shouldn't have to employ a workaround for an epic spell.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote from Adwene's post: Bite augmentation now qualifies as a bleed.

OK What does that mean exactly?

Dragons have Bite, there is a tech called Augmentation but I have never seen Bite Augmentation as a ... skill / ability / spells?
    I tries our Bite but there was no Bleed effect just the old Pierce damage as before. In both the battle or on the desc of Bite.
    What am I missing?

Laughed a lot watching the Mith Golem "play dead" then stand take a few steps then "play dead" again and again and again. I didn't move nor did they detect me, so I dont think I was causing them to awake. What was the purpose in adding that "play dead" move?

Quote from Adwene's post: Bottlecap Collections are now stackable

Great! Why cant everything be stackable?

Enjoying many of those changes, Bravo VI. Was so happy to find they had been applied Monday and I could play on my day off.

Happy Canada Day!
    Image, Chaos Shard

They gave Ravage some visual and sound effects, now they need to do something similar to Gold Rage and Silver Strike.

Seems kinda silly that Ravage has all of this deadly-sounding noise, and then Gold Rage is quiet.

Also, there's Piercing Howl... I mean... Piercing Howl.....a HOWL.... use that, and all he does is swing his paw at the enemy like a regular attack.

Cool changes, but let's not stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    Making the Shining Blades formula bind on acquire doesn't make any sense. It requires the player who acquires it to be a Tier 4 spellcrafter to be able to make the spell, when in truth he may have no spellcrafting experience whatsoever.

My level 100 warrior is currently at level 53 in his KNoC training and after nearly two years finally acquired the final bottle cap for his collection. The plan, upon reaching the required level for the spell, *was* to give the spell formula to my other character, a level 96 spellcrafter. The warrior/knoc would then go out and acquire the required components for the spell. This change foils those plans, of course. The warrior/knoc is a 91 miner with a few other craft classes at lower levels -- none of them spellcrafting. I will not be leveling him to 76 spellcrafter just for one spell.

Did the devs consider this kind of problem when changing this?

I know, I know. There are people around who have the spell memorized and can create it for him. But that's not a solution for the long term as people who have the spell in their formula book leave the game.

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. I know there are going to be workarounds, but you shouldn't have to employ a workaround for an epic spell.
    I don't know why players can't understand this simple concept:

The FORMULA is bound to the purchaser, it does NOT have to be the character that is needing the spell created for them.

Examples:

A high level dragon that can create any spell in the game, goes out, collects 75 nature lore tokens, and buys the formulas and scribes it. This dragon cannot give the formula away as it is bound to them. They can make the epic spell for those that need it.

A player that wants the epic spell but isn't a high level scholar, gets the quests for gaining nature tokens and gathers 75 of them. The character then hands those 75 lore tokens over to a high level dragon or biped scholar who could make the spell if they had the formula. The spell maker buys the formula (which is attuned to them) and scribes it, makes the spell for the adventurer, and the player scribes it.

I have no idea why they attuned the purchased epic formula other than to keep people from selling them on a consigner.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I have no idea why they attuned the purchased epic formula other than to keep people from selling them on a consigner.
    They could solve this issue by just making it worthless like water, consigners won't touch it, nor will pawns, but it still has somewhat of value.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I don't know why players can't understand this simple concept:

The FORMULA is bound to the purchaser, it does NOT have to be the character that is needing the spell created for them.

Examples:

A high level dragon that can create any spell in the game, goes out, collects 75 nature lore tokens, and buys the formulas and scribes it. This dragon cannot give the formula away as it is bound to them. They can make the epic spell for those that need it.

A player that wants the epic spell but isn't a high level scholar, gets the quests for gaining nature tokens and gathers 75 of them. The character then hands those 75 lore tokens over to a high level dragon or biped scholar who could make the spell if they had the formula. The spell maker buys the formula (which is attuned to them) and scribes it, makes the spell for the adventurer, and the player scribes it.

Still kind of defeats the notion of doing it myself though, doesn't it. And WTF do nature tokens have to do with Shining Blades? You're missing the point completely. I wanted the KNOC to do the bottle quest, turn in the tokens, get the followup quest and then hand it all over to a spellcrafter. *MY* spellcrafter. Not some dragon who had nothing to do with my effort.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

The nature tokens are for the dark cyclone (which is also attuned)

quote:

A destination pad has been added to the Imperial Outpost. Frig Tallowgar will offer to attune qualified characters

end quote

*Wonders if this was a contest - no mention made of which teleport(s) in Istaria might have this destination pad listed - I found it on the Bristugo Portal to Genevia Island - perhaps there are other teleports elsewhere which might seem more logical?*

Knossos

Quote:
    End Quote
    While I have no personal "axe to grind" on this change as I completed both quests obtained both sets of tech comps and scribd both spell forms and made my own spells - and since then have used my scribed forms to make dc for some 10 or so other players who completed quest and obtained comps and some 5 or so similarly with shining blades. However, as far as I know:
    1. One must be qualified for each spell in order to obtain the compas (if not it should be so) and
    2. Should the form not scribed cause I used mine be placed on a connie for sale - not an issue. If a player wants the form he can make his own deal with a player who obtains the form from the quest and cannot use it. Connies need not come into play. If we who have the form(s) scribed either leave the game or the devs nerf our use of the forms then the issue of form being attuned on receipt perhaps forces a split in the quest proceeds between a crafter and the adv who obtains the tech comps. In this case I agree that the forced split participation of a crafter (if he can obtain the form without being in the quest) is counter productive to the best interests of our management and will cost a sub or two in due course.
    *steps off soapbox*
    Knossos

Bristugo - Chaos Shard (at last i'm out of the void!)

no...
    no...
    no...
    I'm the only spellcrafter of my guild and for about two weeks i was trying to help a friend to do the conjurer quest to get the formula to create the shining blade spell...the fact is that we almost get all the bottle cap collection except the granny gnuffle one (****, it's almost a week that we kill tons of golems and ghosts outside of aughundell without finding it). And now you tell me that it's attuned on receipt? wonderful...so when my friend will finish the quest she won't be able to pass me the formula to craft it for her.
    Trinox Samoni - Adult Lunus - From the void of Unity to Chaos
    Member of "I Protettori Dell'Antico Codice" guild

I haven't been in game for awhile but a fellow guild member who is a dragon says that while we can now add dye to dragon scales, players cannot see them. This doesn't seem right if you are going to go to the trouble of adding color and then no one can see the color. I was so hoping to see a rainbow dragon!

They added the dyeing option to help better categorize scales in storage. Not to be seen.

Thread Information