Thread: Barridin/Murrina Tokens

Default Barridin/Murrina Tokens

After doing some quests in Kion, I ended up with 2 items:

Token: Barridin's Quest
    Token: Murrina's Quest

They have no stats, and you can't equip them, so I figured these would be used up in the quest, or maybe to flag me for a later quest, but they don't seem to be. What are these used for, does anyone know?
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

Default Re: Barridin/Murrina Tokens

They indicate that you not finished with the follow up quests. Go to the npc with the name on the token and get your follow quest.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ah, ok. Thank you
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

As a follow-up to this... I got a Verdean Core Chunk while killing Turquoise golems. The description says it's used in the quest "Barridin's Revenge".

My dragon could turn it in to Gerix in Kion and got nice xp for it. I can't find any place for bipeds to turn it in. Is there an NPC bipeds can give it to?
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

pretty certain it was the Jeweler in Kion.

I thought I had checked her before... so I checked again... no go. Then I realized the quest piece was in my vault

/facepalm

Thanks
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

i still have those 2 tokens in my vault, i just got them few weeks ago as i just return to play HZ.
    clueless and quests still active and sometimes i get "disabled", meaning these quests seem to be broken to me.
    i had Veradeen Core, but no update, and had to destroy since limited vault and overburdened.
    took me awhile to know about vault quests and upgrades.

hey guys, now i know why.

i deleted both quests, and take fresh quest, but dont take other quest until you finished Marrina first, then head back to do Barridin's revenge, and got both quest resolved and finished.
    they would be broken and unfinishable if doing both in your journal.

i know it sound wierd, but that all i can explain, maybe you can try and see what happen, give a test and see if works. good luck and happy huntings!

Here's what these tokens and stuff are used for.

Firstly, you get the tokens partway through the "Marcus: Missing Shipment of Gems" quest instead of the end of this quest. These tokens allow you to begin a couple of other quests.

"Token: Barridin's Quest" is given to you once you give Barridin the 250 Malachite he asks for. Once you have this token he will offer you the "Barridin's Bane: Verdean" quest.

"Token: Murrina's Quest" is given to you once you go back to Murrina in Parsinia with the 250 Malachite (AKA The Shipment of Gems for Marcus). This allows you to access the quest, "Murrina's Quest: Help Barridin!" in which you can earn some potions for going back to Barridin.

Lastly, you have "Verdean Core Chunk" which is lootable off Verdean. This is somewhat confusing for Dragons, since you get no clue what to do with it, but Barridin will mention to bipeds to take it to Bastea the Jeweler in Kion. So, bipeds, take this to Bastea in Kion to start "Research: Verdean Core Chunk". Dragons however take this to Gerix in Kion for a quest of the exact same name, "Research: Verdean Core Chunk" but with different steps and a slightly different reward.

I'll eventually clean up and add more details to the wiki regarding these items. I have the quests, but not the quest items listed on it already.

Thread Information