Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Default Re: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Add my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    My guess is this will not happen due to the desire to keep the interdependence of Biped and Dragons.
    every time i see someone say this, i flinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    No, you mean to say, 'the dependence of dragons on bipeds'.
    and this is the reason for that flinch.

"racial interdependence" should mean community activities and goals (community crafting, major events such as blight invasions, etc) require the participation of both Dragons and bipeds. It should not mean that basic game-play mechanics (including ability questlines, btw) requires the intervention of a player of a different race.

While we have had a few examples of the former, we have several glaring examples of the latter, and, despite the insistence of devs that it will change, the latter all goes one-way.

Not a bad idea. dont see how this can hurt.

heh while i know this is an old thread.... dragons = glass cannons........
    yep that person never played a dragon or thought str scales = tons of dps (when in reality str gives a marginal boosst to our dmg only because it raises tooth and claw) slap on some armor scales and a few resists and let relkar smack you and live to tell everyone.

If were such glass cannons how in blazing **$# I soloed SOG.

Anyhow gift of speed for dragons will help out hatchlings alot. if not bigger dragons when it comes crafting and all. Its not like your gonna go with a biped to the marble fields soley for his buff because of "dependance"

Right now gift of velocity 1 and 2 are pointless they just add up to the clutter. eliminate em as they fall into hatchling phase. Also. Since we have some speaking of dependancy... well make gift of velocity give somthing to bipeds that they cannot get (like they realllllly need it)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanukk Sytheclaw View Post
    Right now gift of velocity 1 and 2 are pointless they just add up to the clutter. eliminate em as they fall into hatchling phase.
    Some dragons do learn flight while at tier 2, so I would not eliminate those. I do like the idea of gift of velocity affecting both land and flight speed; it'd resolve the whole issue with dragons not being able to cast gift of speed.

If were such glass cannons how in blazing **$# I soloed SOG.
    This thread was made before Dralnok's Doom.

I'm assuming you solo'd this guy -after- Dralnok's Doom, complete with some of the new techs n stuff released?

Some dragons do learn flight while at tier 2, so I would not eliminate those. I do like the idea of gift of velocity affecting both land and flight speed; it'd resolve the whole issue with dragons not being able to cast gift of speed.
    A Level 30 Melee Dragon with 0 points in Primal May or May Not be able to cast Gift of Velocity II. I don't recall exactly what the req's are for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    This thread was made before Dralnok's Doom.

I'm assuming you solo'd this guy -after- Dralnok's Doom, complete with some of the new techs n stuff released?
    Actually - IIRC - He did it just before the Dungeon content went live.....but even if it was after the new content release, and he used new 'techs n stuff'...it is still a hell of a feat....don't see any other dragons lining up to try the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    Actually - IIRC - He did it just before the Dungeon content went live.....but even if it was after the new content release, and he used new 'techs n stuff'...it is still a hell of a feat....don't see any other dragons lining up to try the same thing
    I'm sort of in preperation, slowly gathering gear and inclination to try.

I have 2 ideas about this matter...
    1. Change Gift of Velocity to have both equal amounts of Velocity and Speed bonus and don't bother changing the biped spells.
    Eventhough T1 has velocity bonus and only used by hatchlings... Who cares... It is a lot easier to have both stats increases in 1 gift.

2. Removing the spell Gift of Velocity alltogether and make it a questable active (wouldn't mind passive ) ability.

I do recall while doing the first Dragon's Gift quest (not sure if it was the text before or after finishing the quest) that there are hints towards other dragonic Gifts, but no specifics.

It could be that the trainer was talking about the questable upgrades for Dragon's Gift.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information