Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Default Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Any biped at all can get Gift of Speed by leveling a few different schools, and it is pretty early level (Less than 5 if I recall correctly). Getting, say, Cleric to 5 is easy, and only takes 10 min to do so.

You gave us Gift of Velocity and that is nice and all, but.. Hatchlings have no use of it, and there are times when I only need to walk a short distance, and lifting off, flying a few feet and then setting down actually take more time than walking (like moving from node to node while gathering).

Would it be so much to ask, to add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, since we already got Gift of Velocity? That way Hatchlings can benefit from this too, especially during some of the absurdly long walks on the RoP quest, for example, walking from Dralk clear down to that NPC south of Dralk in the RoP quest, not once, but at least 3 times if I remember correctly. That walk alone can take almost 10 minutes, even if you spam Sprint and stay on the road.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

DRAG? What is DRAG? Tooth and Claw has little to do with movement. And Primal is dealing with spellcasting.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

DRAG, as in the Dragon Adventurer School.

I think what he is getting at is to add a primal based speed spell for dragons, similar to the biped's gift of speed.

Meaning it can be scribed by us dragons and we don't need augmentation to use it.

I like the idea, especially for when you're crafting and just running from node to node. Or what about if you're doing lots of combat, where flying away is very inconvenient since you're just trying to pull mobs away from the spawn region? No flying needed there, though it'd sure help to run faster.
    <----clicky!

They wouldn't even need to make a new spell, just modify Gift of Speed, and add Primal to the list of spellcasting skills that can cast it, and add DRAG to the schools that are allowed to cast it.

Problem solved, Many Hatchlings everywhere rejoice.

Good idea.

The original idea behind gift of speed was so that all classes could buff themselves, so long as they had the magic skill. It's really not a far stretch to ask for this.

I do not see it happening. They want inter race dependence.

But this is not the way to do that.

This is more inter-class dependance.

This is a spell skill, not a racial ability.

To me interdependance and co-operation among the races means things like Dragons + bipeds working together to build a community structure, defeat a nasty WA, or even crafting items one for the other.

Buffing (Gifts particularly) is a class difference, not a racial division. Example: Energy Resistance V. To use this requires a spell skill, as well as a wider possible range of schools to cast it. This is a skill-division example, it's fine how it currently is. A few schools get the skill, and a bit larger set of schools can use it if the skill is present. But not all schools can use it.

Now lets look at Gifts: Gifts use a skill like the rest (aug), but then ALL schools can use it once the skill is there.

Where I'm coming from when I say it isn't a far stretch, is partly based on the fact (according to lore) that specialized spell skills are all derived from Primal. They have already given us a single heal spell which is a carbon copy of the life based Health spell, and Gift of Velocity which is a speed gift copy but uses Primal skill and buffs flight speed. This shows we can augment ourselves. We even have an augmentation Trainer in Chiconis, Memni the Augmentor. Clearly Dragons have knowledge of the augmentation power of Primal. From which the biped Augmentation spellskill was discovered/derived.

Therefore it's no suprise that Dragons would be able to Give themselves Gifts (all gifts).

Inter-racial dependence =! inter-class/school dependence. I can see how they would be confused tho.

The game will be much more interesting if there are interesting inter-school dependancies. For example a boss that requires the use of an in-school Shaman, in-school Dragon, and an in-school Monk (of all classes This is somewhat already in place with the un-masterable abilities. Superior Ressurection for example. Healers have a place in tough battles. I've always been a proponent of interesting class skills... Like a monk ablity, group buff, Spirit of the Monkey. 10% Chance to land 1 extra attack for melee attacks. Something like this would make Monk a desireable school to have around. This example would be the pure monk school only. Storm Disciple would get it's own interesting group buff [3% chance for melee attacks to stun the target for 2 seconds]... (and so on down the list of schools)

(non masterable) Group Buff's are where it's at, if you want interesting interdependance. Asking for buffs all the time is annoying. The specialized buffs are one thing (energy resistance), but the base buffs are another ( Gifts speed, strength, armor etc)

I use interracial to mean biped dragons. They do not want dragons to be clones of bipeds and have to go to bipeds for certain item and spells. They have said in time that they will add more things that dragons can do create that bipeds need.

I doubt Gift of Speed would TRULY break Inter-racial Dependence.

I mean, come on, it is JUST a Speed Buff... *rolls eyes*

And right now, there is next-to-nothing that A Biped _needs_ a Dragon for. A Dragon, however, needs a Biped Tool for their Khutit Form quest, and if I recall, there's more than just that.

We Dragons have 5 gift slots, and right now, we can ONLY use 2 of them normally. Such wasted space, really. I don't see where Gift of Speed would really break things, and suddenly make Dragons a "biped clone" or "Independant" from Bipeds. Like I said, we already need them for buffs, heals, and the Khutit Form quest. That's a heck of a lot more than what Bipeds need Dragons for....

Now, there ARE biped spells, but eh. Bipeds have the Scholar school for That.

If anything, Bipeds are too independent; they can be Anything and Everything, given enough time. Healing? Just level Cleric. Offensive Magic? Just level the various offensive magic schools. Heavy Armor? No problem, there's a few schools for that, too! Want a LOT of Health? Go out and level Warrior, problem solved! Want to be able to raise people? There's several schools that can do that, too.

What -can't- a biped do?

Fly.
    Lairshape.

Woo.

What -can't- a dragon do?

Heal (they got 1 Ability Heal that is on a 5min IIRC timer), and a minor heal spell that is on a 20 second timer, and a few minor AoE breezes. Nowhere near enough for the amount of damage stronger mobs can dish out.

Rez. They got ONE Rez that burns 5k hoard, and has a long recast (I forget how long, 30? 60? minutes).

Tank. Dragons are, afterall, "Class Cannons".

Buff. They have 3 buffs, and 1 Gift (unless a Biped -really- wants Gift of Velocity, heh). You could say they have 4, but how many mobs in the game actually use Primal spells?

So the Dragons are limited pretty much to Damage-Dealer, and Only Damage-Dealer. Helians throw out spells; Lunus burns mobs down with Gold Rage/Silver Strike.

I think Bipeds have nothing to complain about if Dragons got access Gift of Speed. They have plenty as it is. You could almost say they have -everything-, if they don't mind taking a little time. Kumu has it right in her sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu's Sig, paraphrased
    Typical Istarian Biped: Healer, Mage, Warrior. Their Greatest Foe? Time itself.
    Last edited by Dhalin; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:25 AM.

I have already suggested magic gifts to buff magic skills, both ours and bipeds and that was shot down as we are not an argment type class. So that would be another reason why we will not see it I am sure.

So, what you're telling me, is that the Devs shot you down on that idea, but ALSO said they want to increase biped's dependancy on Dragons? Hypocrites. *snorts*

They would have to add something VERY ground-breaking to Dragons to make Bipeds *dependent* on them for Anything. And if they did that, $10 on the table says Bipeds will raise their voices with cries of "Unfair!" "Nerf needed!!" etc etc etc.

I find this news disturbing, to be honest. They OBVIOUSLY want to Pigeon-hole ALL dragons into Damage Dealing and JUST Damage Dealing and NOTHING else. Bipeds have a CHOICE as to what they want to be: Tank, Healer, Damage Dealer, Buffer, Debuffer.

Dragons don't have a Choice. They are all _forced_ to become Damage Dealers and Only Damage Dealers.

Like I said before, bipeds don't need us, but we need them. Unfair, to say the least. Not to mention, I find it very insulting that a proud, strong dragon _needs_ biped assistance with one of our core ability quests, but yet the bipeds could easily do without us, as if we were nothing...

*snorts a bit*

That just doesn't seem right to me... and when we ask for a buff, they deny us? *rolls eyes* In most lore RL, Dragons are Magical Creatures..... but yet Bipeds have us beaten in spades in the Magic department, they have superior magic, they have more magic. They can take hits better (come on, a 5-6 foot biped taking hits better than a huge 30-foot long dragon? Give me a break...), they cast magic better, they can do good Damage-Dealing if they use the right school....

Its just.... nnngh.

Yay! Another useless "BI-PED vs DRAGON" thread (or it's going that way)

*gets popcorn*
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Buff. They have 3 buffs, and 1 Gift (unless a Biped -really- wants Gift of Velocity, heh). You could say they have 4, but how many mobs in the game actually use Primal spells?
    Wind golems. I'm very glad I had that buff when I went up against the named.

I'd like the Gift of Speed spell. I'd be quite convenient. But I don't want to add fuel to the fire of this thread already, so I'll stop there.
    <----clicky!

Any biped at all can get Gift of Speed by leveling a few different schools, and it is pretty early level (Less than 5 if I recall correctly). Getting, say, Cleric to 5 is easy, and only takes 10 min to do so.

You gave us Gift of Velocity and that is nice and all, but.. Hatchlings have no use of it, and there are times when I only need to walk a short distance, and lifting off, flying a few feet and then setting down actually take more time than walking (like moving from node to node while gathering).

Would it be so much to ask, to add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, since we already got Gift of Velocity? That way Hatchlings can benefit from this too, especially during some of the absurdly long walks on the RoP quest, for example, walking from Dralk clear down to that NPC south of Dralk in the RoP quest, not once, but at least 3 times if I remember correctly. That walk alone can take almost 10 minutes, even if you spam Sprint and stay on the road.
    Good idea!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

*insert what Dhalin said 3 posts up*
    QFT. i find it very frustrating that Romirez is a glass cannon. if i have a healer biped i can demolish groups of 10 - 15 enemies easily. but i cannot even solo the named fire beetle. bipeds need changing. they can take every class available to them and become almost unstoppable. the only enmies that they cannot solo would be Fafnir/Reklar/SOG/Valkor.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    QFT. i find it very frustrating that Romirez is a glass cannon. if i have a healer biped i can demolish groups of 10 - 15 enemies easily. but i cannot even solo the named fire beetle. bipeds need changing. they can take every class available to them and become almost unstoppable. the only enmies that they cannot solo would be Fafnir/Reklar/SOG/Valkor.
    Valkor has been soloed by a biped, bout a year ago

Also SoG has been soloed long time ago by a biped. And recently by a dragon as far as I know.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Also SoG has been soloed long time ago
    would be interesting to know if a biped can still solo him (after he got stun immune ^^)?

@ontopic yes pls add to gift of speed usable with primal 100 and DRAG 12 (or something like that)

Thread Information