Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Default Re: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

You're assuming a hatchling who can use Gift of Speed V. There will be some who can do that (like those of us who enjoy maxing out crafting before hunting), but most of the time you'll see hatchlings with only Gifts of Speed I - III. While I happily acknowledge the benefits of the T5 gift (I use gift of velocity all the time, which provides an even smaller bonus, percentage-wise), I see little point in the argument that hatchlings 'need' a gift of speed. The'll get larger bonuses from scales.

Running along our hypothetical 15,000 unit track at 77 speed will get you to your destination a whopping .0266667% sooner. That's, what, 5.195-ish seconds? Whoop-dee-doo.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference. Absolutely it does. But who's so short on time that 5 seconds, or even 20, will make any sort of difference? In my mind, this is the same sort of thing as someone who speeds 5 mph over the speed limit: why even bother? You'll save a minute, tops. Oh yay.
    <----clicky!

*rezzes the thread*

Are there any dev opinions on this? I do think it would be nice to have a Gift of Speed for dragons, even if it's just a little. It's not like the world will crumble at a sudden disbalance of dragons having it.

XD

~Galde

Two votes for yes. (two accounts, two votes right?)

Good idea.

There's two votes from me too

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

i like this idea too... dragons may run from node to node when crafting rather than fly, and lair hallways don't seem wide enough for flying. can they fly in the new labyrinth? i know for at least one upcoming quest it's been said that we have to run on roads... and in a very deadly area where speed matters.

My guess is this will not happen due to the desire to keep the interdependence of Biped and Dragons. I had asked for more gifts before and they shot it down saying that is not something they wanted for Dragons. But times change so will have to see if a Dev will comment.

the interdependence of Biped and Dragons.
    No, you mean to say, 'the dependence of dragons on bipeds'.

I just don't see how much a speed buff is really going to hurt; it'll be nice to have, but it's not as if it's going to actually help in normal battle.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

speaking as a player of both ped and draggy, i agree with this idea and also do not see how letting draggys have a gift of speed will cause any disruption to the game......
    after all, wing scales can be teched for speed and no unbalance i can see.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    My guess is this will not happen due to the desire to keep the interdependence of Biped and Dragons. I had asked for more gifts before and they shot it down saying that is not something they wanted for Dragons. But times change so will have to see if a Dev will comment.
    Haha - dangit I read through this WHLE thing before I realized it was a rezzed thread - rofl.

If you read your comment on page one deth - whie you said the same thing you also said "they have plans to implement greater interdependency.."

Well here we are...a year later or so - and this hasn't happened. So since this is coming almost never any time soon - Idon't see how a simple gift of speed allowable for primal school (or like the above suggested turing velocity into applying to both) - is really game breaking for the "interdependency" thing...

*sighs*

What they "want to do in the future" is all well and good but...well...ya get tired of waiting for that future ya know? Esp. since it very well may never happen...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    As far as only having 1 Gift Slot... when you are crafting, or just running around for RoP, you don't NEED Dragon's Gift.

You are assuming that a dragon always has Dragon's Gift up, ...Dragon's Gift only buffs combat abilities,
    Dragon's Gift? You know, honestly I don't think I've ever used Dragon's Gift in the 2+ years I've been playing. I haven't seen another player use it either during the "everyone buff up" phase of battle.

Is it useful at lower levels or something?
    Last edited by Shian; June 24th, 2009 at 05:32 AM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee don't know how useful it is, but mw always has his draggy gift on.......always!

I use the dragon gift all the time as well. I think it is useful all the time. I mean why would I not want to boost my melee and spell, to hit and damage?

Edit you may not see people casting as I normally cast it as soon as I log in and then do not have to worry about it for as long as I am on. It is not something I cast often. Just when I first log in.

right on, deth - i have a set of 3 standard 'spells' i put on mw whenever i log in - draggy gift is the first!
    it lasts for like 2 hours (for mw at this point anyway - a bit behind on my advent quests), so i only have to recast if i am on longer than that.......
    especially for low level hatchies, i think it is a real gift and should not be sneered at lightly.......

anyhoo, sorry for being the topic derailer once again....

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Dragon's Gift? You know, honestly I don't think I've ever used Dragon's Gift in the 2+ years I've been playing. I haven't seen another player use it either during the "everyone buff up" phase of battle.

Is it useful at lower levels or something?
    When you compare the bonus it actually gives with the various gifts that bipeds can use I must agree that it is not very usefull, BUT considering it has been the first real gift until we were allowed Gift of Velocity I always use it and have it in a hotkey together with Determination so that everytime I use that it automaticly uses Dragon’s Gift.

But now to get back on the topic for which this thread was resurrected…
    If the devs think its an interesting idea for dragons to be allowed an aditional speed bonus, why not change the currently used Gift of Velocity spell to also grant us the same speed bonus aswell as the Velocity bonus.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; June 26th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Dragons Gift is the most useful one you can use, closely followed by Alacrity. Unless you are crafting then a few stats might be more useful.

Got my vote. I'm all for a Primal Gift of Speed.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Gift of Speed has my vote.

Smile Re: Add DRAG and Primal to Gift of Speed, Please.

Gift of Speed is a great idea, especially running from node to node as said before.

*Re-resurrects thread* 2 claws up for this idea, although I prefer the idea of making velocity apply to both.

Another vote. I would have done anything for this as a hatchling. It would be nice to have it now that I'm an adult!

Without bi-ped buffs, there's very little that fill up my gift boxes while I'm out on my own. And sometimes, if I'm getting mobbed by mobs and I need a fast escape, that momentary launching animation that gets me into flight takes too much time... and I find myself sprinting. So a speed boost there would be very appreciated and well used.

Thread Information